Very Severe Body Acne Everywhere

5 replies to this topic

#1 Glen5

Glen5

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have severe acne on my neck, chest, back, and legs. It is awful. I'm a 16 year old boy, basketball player and I've had enough of it. I have ignored it for long enough. There are a ton of small bumps on my chest, decent sized whiteheads all over my back and shoulders, and cystic acne on my legs and neck. I need a good regimen because the Dan Kern regimen has made it worse, despite clearing up my face. I need some ideas please, I'm desperate now on what to do. I have also tried ACV (which worked, but then they came back). Thanks.

#2 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:im a musician!

beach, river, SUN, outgoing when i dont have acne q;

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

head and shoulders "classic clean" shampoo

not the shampoos that have conditioner added in it or anything it says 'classic clean; on it.

i would highly not recommend using this on the face but for body acne ive read great reviews on it. one of my friends actually uses it on his face and he said it cleared up all his acne.

id say give it 2 weeks of constant use day and night in the shower and i bet your acne will look better.

also another alternative i read that SEA SALT non iodized is good to bath in the tub with for body acne good luck man
im blessed with no body acne but i have terrible face acne. we all feel the pain. atleast when ever people see you they dont see the acne all over your face its so hard for me to even look at people let alone talk to them

#3 Glen5

Glen5

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

head and shoulders "classic clean" shampoo

not the shampoos that have conditioner added in it or anything it says 'classic clean; on it.

i would highly not recommend using this on the face but for body acne ive read great reviews on it. one of my friends actually uses it on his face and he said it cleared up all his acne.

id say give it 2 weeks of constant use day and night in the shower and i bet your acne will look better.

also another alternative i read that SEA SALT non iodized is good to bath in the tub with for body acne good luck man
im blessed with no body acne but i have terrible face acne. we all feel the pain. atleast when ever people see you they dont see the acne all over your face its so hard for me to even look at people let alone talk to them

appreciate the post, I will have to give the head and shoulders a try. I used to have terrible face acne, now it's mostly red marks so I'm not entirely in the clear there either. Plus, I have a bunch on the neck. So I'm not too well off up top either.

Edited by Glen5, 20 February 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#4 jackh

jackh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I would see a dermatologist if I were you.

#5 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yes, you should see a dermatologist if your acne is that severe. You might need antibiotics like Doxy and if its not acne (could be bacterial or fungal folliculitis) you might need another course of treatment. Good luck!
My Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser with Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisiturizer

PM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser w/o Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer w/ Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

FOR FOLLICULITIS & ECZEMA
Triamcimolone as needed
Ketoconazole 2% Cream (spot treatment only) twice daily
Clarifoam once daily
Noble Soap everytime I shower

PHASING OUT
Differin 0.3% (spot treatment only)

#6 blue giraffe

blue giraffe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

You need to go to a dermatologist.

I think you should first try antibiotics. If that doesn't work for a while, then accutane - last resort.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users