hypertrophic

2 replies to this topic

#1 cc12

cc12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I have a hypertrophic scar on my chin - but something about it isn't normal. It comes and goes.

It will be relatively flat and fairly unnoticeable for several weeks (to the point where I can just barely see it or feel it). Then all the sudden, after weeks of being almost absent, it changes and becomes a noticeable bump.The scar starts to feel like hard mass of thickened skin (almost like a callus or something - but smooth), and the area around it becomes more sensitive than usual and starts to look slightly red or pink.

During the "thick bump" phase, I find myself going crazy - rubbing scar creams on it, gently exfoliating, and doing everything I can think of to shrink it back down. Eventually, the top layers of skin slough off, leaving behind a red, irritated spot. Once the redness and irritation go away, the scar is flat again for several weeks and the cycle begins again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why this happens? Tips for preventing the scar from getting "bump-like" again? It's kind of frustrating to have a flat, manageable scar regularly turn into an annoying bump-like scar.

Edited by cc12, 20 February 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#2 LillyMay77

LillyMay77

LillyMay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Yes I have the exact same thing on my nose. It is an area of raised red tissue, it pops up stays a couple of days, goes away...then pops up again, this cycle continues every couple months. I don't know what it is, but everytime it pops up, I know it will go back down. It doesn't bother me at all. When it is in it raised state, do nothing to it at all, leave it be.

#3 Homer0001

Homer0001

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

Maybe it's just a zit forming under the scar?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users