Photo

Ice Pick Scars On Nose With Pictures

ice pick tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 fierywinds

fierywinds

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

I have ice pick scars on my nose may I know what is the best way to treat them?

I have read that TCA cross is one of the best techniques for treating ice pick scars but I have also read that TCA cross does not work on the nose.

I also have some deep AND wide scars that are like both ice pick and box car and most of them are centred on my nose. May I know what treatment would work best? I am thinking along the lines of punch elevation or punch excision but where I am from (Singapore and UK), everywhere is offering lasers which I deeply distrust.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20120220_205938.jpg
  • IMG_20120220_205943.jpg
  • IMG_20120220_210000.jpg

#2 fierywinds

fierywinds

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Anyone has similar scarring?

#3 oopli

oopli

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

excisions would likely make it worse, i would try tca cross and lasers. anyway It doesnt look too bad.

#4 s2007

s2007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

Hi,

I have read that tca cross does not work on the nose - the nose skin is different - it does not produce a lot of collagen like other areas and the icepick won't "fill in"

I have just read about dermal sanding - it is supposed to be better for scars than lasers because of the way it disrupts the fibers ?? in the skin - well, do your own research!

Here is the procedure being performed on the cheeks for icepicks:

http://www.lneonline...lusive_article/

some people do it lightly by themselves - I stress lightly with a nail file sterilized - not to the extent in the link at all! it is a process that would take many applications and time

when I find the link w/ instructions I will send

#5 fierywinds

fierywinds

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Thank you very much s2007

Wow the pictures look scary

Edited by fierywinds, 21 February 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#6 pat

pat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

iHi There, I too have a number of ice picks on my nose and I get so distressed when I look at them. I don't just have 1 but 5!! Sometime ago I bought the Daphne Filler (there's a thread on the board about this product) and last weekend was the first time I eventually got around to using it. I had a family event to go to and was seeing people I hadn't seen for a long time and really didn't want to go because of these blasted ice-pick on my nose. Well, I followed the instructions by Rupert ( a board member) who runs his own website on how to use this product and was determined I had to make this work for me. Wow it worked with much trial and error and I'm so happy. I put the stuff on Sunday night and my ice-picks are still covered, Rupert did say it will stay put for 3 days! Until something comes up that can get rid of these blasted ice-picks (oh how I hate them) I will be using the Daphne it is a god send. Please please give it a go and follow Ruperts instructions.

#7 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

iHi There, I too have a number of ice picks on my nose and I get so distressed when I look at them. I don't just have 1 but 5!! Sometime ago I bought the Daphne Filler (there's a thread on the board about this product) and last weekend was the first time I eventually got around to using it. I had a family event to go to and was seeing people I hadn't seen for a long time and really didn't want to go because of these blasted ice-pick on my nose. Well, I followed the instructions by Rupert ( a board member) who runs his own website on how to use this product and was determined I had to make this work for me. Wow it worked with much trial and error and I'm so happy. I put the stuff on Sunday night and my ice-picks are still covered, Rupert did say it will stay put for 3 days! Until something comes up that can get rid of these blasted ice-picks (oh how I hate them) I will be using the Daphne it is a god send. Please please give it a go and follow Ruperts instructions.

How long does a tub or whatever you call it last you?

#8 pat

pat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I can't really say because I've only just started using the product. Please check through the threads or Ruperts website for more information. If you google Daphne filler it should come up with the threads on this website relating to the product.

Edited by pat, 21 February 2012 - 02:42 PM.