3 replies to this topic

#1 blissim

blissim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

My name is Brian,
I started getting acne when I was about 13 on my face. Over the years it slowly progressed as I got older. Now im 21 years old. My face acne is not nearly as bad as it used to be but my back, shoulders and chest acne is a problem for me. I have a picking problem and it has became a bad habit. Its not SEVERE body acne but its enough to make me not comfortable to take my shirt off and walk about. (which is sad cause I have a good body).

Basically I would like to figure put a way to get rid of it. I would prefer a natural/organic way as I dont like using chemicals on my skin or internally. I did use proactive at a point but it really didnt do much for me (on my face). Is their a certain type of soap that works well for backne? Im open to any suggestions.. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-02-19 21.15.27-1.jpg

#2 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:World of Warcraft, Music, Movies, Working out.

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hey Brian, I would like to start by saying that I used to have Back, Shoulder and Chest acne in the past. Pretty bad I might add. I've found a few things that worked for me that you might want to look into. I love the Regimen and products from this site, they cleared me up 100% but I noticed that you would like to try another direction. I used to use a different route for my body and you might want to give it a try.

Aloe Vera.

I know that it sounds simple and everything but it's really worth the try. I live in Texas so getting my hands on a fresh aloe vera leaf was easy, but I don't know about your area. All you need to do is take a shower with soap that has ZINC in it. GNC sells a pretty good one or you can even try the Cetaphil bar soap too. Once you get out of the shower you want to pat your skin dry. Try your best to not wipe or rub with your towel. After you are dry you want to take the aloe vera and rub it onto your skin. It'll sting on open sores and have a slime feel to it. Let this sit on your body for about 15 minutes. Then hope in the shower to wash it off, no soap. After you get out you want to add a gentle moisturizer. Anything will do, just make sure it's non-oily and soaks into the skin very well. Do this about 3 times a week at night. You should notice things clearing in a few weeks. This worked nice for myself.

Again, I don't know if this will work 100% for you, but it did clear my problem up pretty well. In the end I really like the Acne.org products though. Just saying. Good Luck!

p.s...NO PICKING!!!!! lol.

#3 blissim

blissim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for the input man, i'll try to the aloe vera and see how it works. I dont have fresh aloe to pick so ill have to buy it at the store as gel I guess. Lubriderm daily moisture lotion good?

One thing ive been trying to figure out for the longest time is a good bar soap to wash my face and body with. Ive never tired the Cetephil bar. In the past ive used Irish Spring and High endurance boday wash but it seems like they just made it worse.

#4 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:World of Warcraft, Music, Movies, Working out.

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

Just a tip, when you buy a product for your skin, stay away from things that have perfumes/strong scents.

A lotion that I like to use for the body is from Olay, I think it's called Quench. If you don't like the scent of that I also like to use the Malibu Hemp lotion. They work nice for me. The same concept applies to your soap. Cetiphil is a good face and body bar soap. Also GNC has a bar with Zinc called Grandpa Brand Thylox or something like that. You can use these on both the body and face. I personally haven't tried the product, but 'Simple' is a new brand that claims to be for sensitive skin. Which can work well with acne.

Another factor to think about is your shirt. Try to wear things that are cotton, breath and a little loss fitting. Don't put and under shirt with a top shirt and another shirt on top of that. Just keep it simple for a few months. Go jeans and a nice cotton t-shirt and see if that will help out. The thing we want to do is cut down on irritation and to let the skin do it's thing and heal up.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users