Acne Is Effectively Running My Life...

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ali In NYC

Ali In NYC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I'm 24 years old I've had acne since i was 10. Over the years I've tried retin a micro (both strengths), differin gel (both strengths), retin a gel, tazorac cream and gel (both strengths), klaron lotion, clindamycin gel lotion and liquid, and even did a round of accutane in early 2004 when i was 16. after accutane, i started breaking out again about 2 months after my course ended. i've been to tons of dermatologists and right now i am on ziana which doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. to top it off i have ridiculously sensitive skin so most of these topicals make my skin red and inflamed no matter what, which i'd be willing to put up with if they actually worked. people at work comment all the time and ask why don't i see a dermatologist (little do they know, i've tried many of them) or why don't i just wear foundation to cover it (all foundations clog me so i just go without). i don't want to see friends anymore and i hate even going to work. my acne is worse now that it ever has been in my life. current derm won't put me on accutane because i don't have any cysts only pustules and papules. my self esteem is so damaged and i feel like i'll never look normal. i hope i came to the right place to talk about my frustrations.

#2 mini7

mini7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

Hi Ali
I know how you feel. I'm 33 and I've had acne since I was 13. That's 20 years of my life, so I know how frustrating and at times devastating this disease can be. Please don't give up. Just know that you came to a great place filled with supportive and caring people who know EXACTLY what you're going through. I too get a lot of stares at work, mostly now since I'm suffering from a really bad cystic break out. I hate it when people give me the same mundane advice about drinking more water or using proactive or something like that. I know they are well meaning but they have no clue what it's like to have to deal with this on a daily basis. Just keep having faith.

#3 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me
  • Interests:Skin care, Nutrition, Makeup, Reading, Travelling

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:32 AM

Hi, I am 24 as well. Have had acne since I was 9. Although when I was growing up for some reason it did not bother me as much as it does now. Maybe i'm just more conscious of the world around me. Worse still is that I genetically scar easily I have ice pick scarring which is terrible. Only expensive procedures can help them. Even then like everything else, there is no guarnatee and it might get worse. I just envy people with great skin. I am with you on not wearing makeup. I'd rather my acne not get worse.

Like mini7 said, we just have to have faith. Just wondered if you have visited the Holistic section of the forum? If topicals and medication didn't help maybe something diet related might help you. Just a thought. :) I myself am trying out the Regimen along with some holistic choices. Good luck to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users