Photo

How Quick Can A Breakout Occur After Eating Something That Triggers It?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

So sort of a basic question on how acne and food is related. How quick do breakouts occur after eating something that triggers it? Say if I ate something that will cause me to breakout, when will I actually see the breakout? Do I have to wait 24 hours untill the food is fully digested to declare? Is it safe to say after 24 hours of no breakout or A new pimple, that the food I ate didn't trigger anything?

I know that every person is different but in general, what is the expected time to see a breakout after eating the bad food?
When do You breakout after eating something "bad"?

#2 acowles

acowles

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

hm yes i would also like to know. i ate quite a few chips and a bowl of ice cream at a friend's house last night. i was already dealing with a breakout before i went, so im thinking it will make it worse. Posted Image hope not.

#3 Reapt

Reapt

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

As far as I know it takes 2 weeks for a pimple to fully develop on the skin(the point which we can see it and feel it) So its hard to say I would like to know as well. The link between food and acne is a very hard thing to understand. Acne takes 2-4 weeks to develop so how can something we eat today possibly effect it? I believe some foods have caused me to break out. and it feels like the next day. But who is to say that zit wasn't already coming in? Its hard to distinguished. I've heard of dairy products before or greasy food, and I've drank a ton of milk one week and not a single breakout, and have a glass like a month later and BAM a zit is there. Or I've eaten really greasy food without a breakout, and eat something like a month later that is half as greasy and get a zit. Its really hard to say. And I wish Their was some hard evidence to this. I would love to know the answers.

#4 abduliii

abduliii

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

today is sunday, on thursday evening i needed a lot energy because i was going for cricket practice, so i drank a whole bottle of gatorade (40 grams of sugar for i think for 1/3 if not 1/2 of the bottle) before that i drank a 1 ltr juice which had slightly less sugar, on friday my face was so red, and there were a lot of small whiteheads, saturday, they were same thing, today they are getting inflamed, but less redness

#5 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

As far as I know it takes 2 weeks for a pimple to fully develop on the skin(the point which we can see it and feel it) So its hard to say I would like to know as well. The link between food and acne is a very hard thing to understand. Acne takes 2-4 weeks to develop so how can something we eat today possibly effect it? I believe some foods have caused me to break out. and it feels like the next day. But who is to say that zit wasn't already coming in? Its hard to distinguished. I've heard of dairy products before or greasy food, and I've drank a ton of milk one week and not a single breakout, and have a glass like a month later and BAM a zit is there. Or I've eaten really greasy food without a breakout, and eat something like a month later that is half as greasy and get a zit. Its really hard to say. And I wish Their was some hard evidence to this. I would love to know the answers.

Yea, I guess part of my question would be: how can something I eat today have an effect on my skin in two weeks? Well to think about, it would. Right? Cause if say I ate something bad today, the day after will be where the new pimple will start forming and will be fully visable in two weeks? It's not too complicated if on average a pimples starting point would be 2 weeks before it is visable.

#6 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Yea, I guess part of my question would be: how can something I eat today have an effect on my skin in two weeks? Well to think about, it would. Right? Cause if say I ate something bad today, the day after will be where the new pimple will start forming and will be fully visable in two weeks? It's not too complicated if on average a pimples starting point would be 2 weeks before it is visable.

I'd say it depends, in my opinion, a food allergy is different from other acne causes

- Food allergies.- breaks you out within few hoursor a day, for example, bananas gives me an inflammed zit 3 hours after eating it

- insulin/dht/gut.- takes longer to see results, i read somewhere that sugar levels in blood takes around 3 weeks to stabilize or be back to normal, dht the same. The gut takes time to heal too, so everything is connected.

#7 tk112233

tk112233

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

i've been wondering about this too.

also, i was wondering if how fast the new zit goes away is an indication of it being from a food allergy/intolerance or from something else?

for example, i got a new zit on my chin/below my lower lip on sunday night. i put duac on it overnight and the next morning it was gone. i also got a small zit under my nose/above my upper lip that sunday night too. i put duac on it as well but it didn't go away the next morning and it's still here on tuesday.

how come the zit on my chin/below my lower lip went away much faster than the one under my nose?? could the zit on the chin/below my lower lip an indication of a food allergy??

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Only in the case of food intolerances will a food cause acne to form within a day or two. Bad diet habits such as spiking insulin, low nutrients, lots of anti-nutrients, more inflammatory foods than inflammatory, etc. affect how well your body functions and leads to screwed up hormones, oily skin and acne that forms below the skin and takes about 2 weeks to rise to the surface.