Photo

Popped A Cyst, And Now It Looks Like This. Pics

cyst pop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Well, i'm not sure if it's a cyst. I used to get very mild, small whiteheads. But for the past couple of months, I've been getting BIG pimples that just never seem to come to a head. It sucks because around this time last year, i had flawless skin. literally.
My goal is to have my skin clear by my birthday this year, which is in May. And just when things were looking up, and my scars were fading, i get this huge pimple on my forehead.

A month ago, I had another cyst zit on the side of my face. I didn't touch it/pop it/ anything, and now it's just a brown/purple bump. For cysts, I realized, you just have to get the gunk out of it for it to heal.

So I popped the zit. And I guess I did it the wrong way, because now the skin is broken. ALl the pus is out, but there's still a hard lump under my skin.

It looks terrible. I put neosporin and aquaphor on it. This happened a few hours ago. I'm just hoping and crossing my fingers that it will turn into a scab. I really don't care about the way it looks as long as I know that it will heal in a few weeks.

Picture:
http://i53.tinypic.com/20krhhj.jpg

ANY advice? tips?

#2 unlovely2011

unlovely2011

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

that was a bad move. nothing good comes from popping cysts. use neosporin, but not for more than a week at a time. when these cysts come, you just have to let them run their course and continue with whatever regimen you have. some over the counter medications and cleansers can actually make our skin worse, so be very careful about what you use. ask a dermatiologist to prescribe or recommend something. all that said, ice can bring down swelling (but don't over-do that either because that can be irritating too.) and start drinking green tea (preferably without sugar) as it has natural anti-inflammatory properties and can do wonders for swollen bumps or really anything allergy related. oh yeah, and stop touching your face. i promise you your hands aren't as clean as you think they are.

#3 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

okay thanks. i've had one of these before and it actually formed a scab and it was fine.
i'm just worried it won't form a scab. here's a better picture;

http://i44.tinypic.com/1415e6v.jpg

#4 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I woke up this morning, and the hard bump underneath where the cyst was is gone. The skin is just really tender and still fleshy, obviously a bit dark. I think it's healing as a normal wound now, and it should be gone in a week :)

#5 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Picture of it: http://i43.tinypic.com/2dgnprl.jpg

#6 SteamRoom

SteamRoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

I've had numerous chemical peels and have been on topicals to the point where I now have no acne. However, I still have those lumps from previous cysts THAT I DID NOT POP. I was told that sometimes the cyst is so enflamed it naturally ruptures the skin layers.

If there is something you shouldn't do, it would be pop a cyst. That could well be the worst thing to do because it almost always scars you one way or another. I would rather stay indoors for two weeks than pop a cyst haha.

Best of luck, recovery won't be overnight.

#7 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hmm, thank you. i've actually done some research. I don't think that what I had was a cyst to begin with, it was just a normal wide inflammed pimple. The area that I popped is starting to flake underneath, so im guessing that's a good sign that the new skin is healing

#8 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

Update: i put some aquaphor on it last night, and i woke up this morning and it was healed! of course, it's still pink and fleshy because it's new skin. the bump is no longer there.

http://i55.tinypic.com/29w38cx.jpg

I think if i keep putting mederma on it and cocoa butter it'll heal fine in a week or so

#9 SteamRoom

SteamRoom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

I had what you had, it seemed like a Cystic pimple to me. Maybe it isn't exactly classified as one, who knows. The diameter of the redness has decreased though, significantly over the course of a couple months.

As long as you don't have an indent I wouldn't worry. Indents do not heal by themselves fully, but redness fades away in due time. Foods such as red meats cause the marks to become darker then usual.

#10 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

This is what it looks like today, slowly blending in:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2lcy680.jpg

So far, what I've been doing (to prevent it from scarring forever):
- Mederma on it a few times a day
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula once at night, once at morning
- Honey (Using as a whole facial mask)
- Dabbing it with Aloe Vera Gel
- Bio Oil on it at night.

#11 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:34 PM

so the damage from the actual wound has healed, but it's back to being a cyst now....

http://i53.tinypic.com/35a2owj.jpg

it's hard to get an accurate picture though

#12 unlovely2011

unlovely2011

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 27
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

yes unfortunately i've experienced recurring cysts too. that's how i learned my lesson not to pick!

#13 S*hope

S*hope

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not pick your pimples !! ..
Picking pimples is a BIG NO GO .. and can cause permanent scarring , you will regret.

I have scars from picking at my acne .. I WISH someone has told me not to pick

#14 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

The only thing so far that has helped my cysts is an internal medication (like antibiotics) combined with a strong retinoid. It is the combination of the two that made the difference. Cysts that have been under the skin for YEARS have slowly come to the surface and the hard core has come out with some pressure.

For me, Retin-A Micro is "strong", but Differen was too "weak" to affect deeper zits.

Edited by Green Gables, 30 April 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#15 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:56 AM

i think popping it prevents worse scarring