This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am about to be 22 years old March 3rd. White Female. Fair Skin. About 6 months ago my face started to go insane. I began to break out around my chin and cheeks. Since I about 11 i had one or two break outs and black heads on T-Zone.

I never had huge cystic acne it was always one or two around my face only. I do get very rare break out on my back and maybe leg, thats it.

I went to get Microdermabraision two years ago around Feb. to help my black heads and scars, mind that I had no break outs. Just redness and black heads. I wasted almost $600 on 4 sessions. Then i stopped because I seen no improvement.

Then i got recommended a good dermatologist, I went and he put me on Chemical Peeling, I came in they cleaned my face a little and then put on chemical peeling. I went every week for two months. My face was great, still black heads, but redness was going away and no under skin break outs at all.

Last year, I went on Birth control i had to change brands after first 3 months and to be honest I didnt see the difference, no weight gain, no nothing I was talking it for about 5 months. It took me 2 years to finally take birth control after my gyno. suggested me to. The main reason he wanted me to go on it was because he diagnosed me with ":polycystic ovary syndrome" I would get my period every other months or every 3 months and he said that birth control would regulate my period. Since going o\n the birth control my period started to be regular comes every 4 weeks. i also have facial hair on the side on my cheeks and on my chest area not a lot, but noticeable. I always have to pluck it out. i am not heavy I am 5'8 and I weight about 180 But If you see me I am not fat, very curvy. I am dealing with dandruff. I read those are all side effects of ":polycystic ovary syndrome" and there are medication people go on to help the symptoms. its called spironolactone. Did any of you try it? I am going to my Gyno this week Friday, so I will discuss this with him.

So about September I stated to break out and it was painful to even talk. I went back to same new dermatologist and he told me my skin relapsed and he put me on Doxyciclne and also Retin-A 0.1% My skin after Retin-A was so red and peeling. I get it its a process. Its been 2 months I am on Docycicline and Retin-A 0.1%. I am trying to stay strong, I cut down on my sugar intake, milk intake, and white bread, friend food, and other bad foods that possible can cause acne.

I started to take Fish oils and also Cod oil ( maybe the fat break me out? I read that Some people cant take Fish oil even though its good for body) and vitamin B12 and ones a day doxycicline and night time Retin- A and also I take one capsule of Pro-Biotic.

I am still breaking out and still one or two cystic break puts painful ones. only on my face. I am loosing hope. I am a person that never gives up, but let me tell you I mainly sit home and not go outside, if I have to go outside its for school 3 days a week. I don't wear make up home only when I go to school and its Almay make up like Den suggested. I am falling into a depression slowly 9 ( I am majoring in therapy and counseling, so I know the signs) I am thinking to seriosly go on Accutane I seen so many successful stories and peoples skin get AMAZING, I am dreaming on that kind of skin. I am very concern about the side effects.

I though since talking Doxy. it would stop break outs, but they still come. Not only I am dealing with black heads I am dealing with red marks and active break outs daily. I am so self conscious, to a point where I am so embarrassed for my BF of 8 years to see me with no make up on. And if I have make up on its looks so disgusting because Retin-A makes me skin dry and not smooth. Then only thing I notice Retin-A did was smooth out my fine like on my forehead.

My dermatologist prescribed, Retin-A Micro 0.1% (not sure whats the difference from the regular Retin-A) and Clendamycin Benzoyl peroxide Top gel which I didnt get yet. but I am not sure I need to, I finally ordered Den Full Regimen and waiting for it to arrive, since it has BP I don't know if I would use Clendamycin Benzoyl peroxide Top gel prescription. When do I apply Retin-A Micro?

This is my Acne story. Any TIPS Suggestions are welcomed.

I recently got tested my liver and the test came out that its good.

If you are thinking of doing the regimen, please be sure to keep strictly to it without adding outside variables like retin. A micro... give it three full months and see how it goes ... good luck .. :)