Photo

Advice On Scars, Please! Orange Peel Texture? I Look Horrible.

chemical peel tca hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#21 Syn1122

Syn1122

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

I've been coming on Acne.org for years, but have never posted, and been too embarassed to post pictures. However, I am desperate. I have tried so many chemical peels from MUAC, I have worked up from the lowest lactic acid peel to the highest glycolic peel (70%) and I have tried a low-percent TCA peel, all with slight results but not enough. I just ordered a 24% TCA peel, but have to plan a time to use it so I don't have to work/go to school with that much peeling. It's too embarassing.Posted Image

I had bad acne as a teen, and my skin is more or less clear now-but as you can see, the texture of my skin is ruined. I look so aged and so awful and unhealthy. My skin always seems dull, pitted and just has a texture of an orange. I took these pictures in the worst lighting (sunless daylight, florescent). In some lightings, my skin looks fine! My self-confidence is horrible because of this.

Anyone, especially with similar skin, have any recommendations on what product, peel, etc. I could try that might give me a better effect?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. I am using Mandelic Acid serum by Nucelle and it has really kept me clear, unclogged my pores really quickly and even faded some hyperpigmentation. It doesn't do anything for these pits and dents though...except when I have the serum on my face, it seems to act as a primer and give the impression my skin is smoother. After exfoliating and washing though, I notice it really was just a temporary effect Posted Image Kind of like using the egg white mask.

youre so pretty omfg even with scars <3 you look gorgeous

Posted Image

Posted Image

any guy would be lucky to have you =)

and if they judge you because of your scars they unsure what they are looking at because all i see is like one of the hottest girl ive ever seen :o! thats just my opion =)

marry me :P!

#22 rockmeamadeus

rockmeamadeus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

LOL You guys are cool. Thanks a lot. In case anyone is looking here to see if I get results from the TCA...I haven't used it yet. I got it yesterday, but am going to wait.

My skin has started improving a lot since those pictures were taken. I really believe when my skin is dry, not exfoliated and other factors like that, it just looks worse than it is. I do use Nucelle Mandelic Serum which keeps me clear and makes me flaky as hell. Usually my skin looks terrible because it's so flaky, then I will exfoliate and it looks tons better. Also, I have been using MUAC's acne/pore minimizer and I think that is helping making it look more even. The only thing I have changed though is I started using Neutragena's Healthy Skin Enhancer, and I never use drugstore crap like this, I don't believe the claims at all and the ingredients are poor....but this one said it had retinol and I actually love it. It has NOT broken me out, and I swear it has improved my skin. At minimum, it makes my skin really matte and less oily and more even out so I can use it in lieu of powder foundation and it's just lighter.

I took these today, and tried to do it in the worst lighting in my house (in front of an open window, overcast outside).
I just am not really bothered by them so much lately. Hm.
I will put off the TCA peel for now.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-02-24 10.20.11.jpg
  • 2012-02-24 10.24.34.jpg

#23 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

LOL You guys are cool. Thanks a lot. In case anyone is looking here to see if I get results from the TCA...I haven't used it yet. I got it yesterday, but am going to wait.

My skin has started improving a lot since those pictures were taken. I really believe when my skin is dry, not exfoliated and other factors like that, it just looks worse than it is. I do use Nucelle Mandelic Serum which keeps me clear and makes me flaky as hell. Usually my skin looks terrible because it's so flaky, then I will exfoliate and it looks tons better. Also, I have been using MUAC's acne/pore minimizer and I think that is helping making it look more even. The only thing I have changed though is I started using Neutragena's Healthy Skin Enhancer, and I never use drugstore crap like this, I don't believe the claims at all and the ingredients are poor....but this one said it had retinol and I actually love it. It has NOT broken me out, and I swear it has improved my skin. At minimum, it makes my skin really matte and less oily and more even out so I can use it in lieu of powder foundation and it's just lighter.

I took these today, and tried to do it in the worst lighting in my house (in front of an open window, overcast outside).

Right on. Best of luck.

#24 Thatusernameisalreadytaken

Thatusernameisalreadytaken

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Wow ur beautiful even with scars :)

#25 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

I agree with Nope.Avi on this one. A 25% TCA peel can be very dangerous on the whole face. I have actually used 100% TCA on some ice-pick scarring in the past but that was used specifically on the indentation of the scar itself, which did seem to help . Personally I don't think a TCA peel will make much of a difference with your scarring and I don't mean to be rude or negative when I say that. I just speak from experience as I have done several chemical peels in the past and they seem to have little effect with orange peel texture. I would even argue that it can make the texture worse.