Photo

The Acne Experiment, Photo Log

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#41 Daniel Lee

Daniel Lee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hi Paolo,

I would do it again if I had to. Besides, my camera does not do a great homage to the effect BP has had on my skin; my acne was quite suttle, and the camera is shit, so it didn't pick up on all the small imperfections I had. Now, I often wake up and have good or very good skin that I'm almost starting to become proud of. People treat me differently because I am more good looking.

The redness took ~6 months to go away completely. My regret is that it is so very expensive to ship these products to France; transport + taxes, which mean it's expensive.

#42 jarrit

jarrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hi Paolo,

I would do it again if I had to. Besides, my camera does not do a great homage to the effect BP has had on my skin; my acne was quite suttle, and the camera is shit, so it didn't pick up on all the small imperfections I had. Now, I often wake up and have good or very good skin that I'm almost starting to become proud of. People treat me differently because I am more good looking.

The redness took ~6 months to go away completely. My regret is that it is so very expensive to ship these products to France; transport + taxes, which mean it's expensive.

I noticed this too. When I had severe acne, people would stare and I even heard someone walking down the halls of my university saying "Oh god dang!"

Now people talk to me like without some weird measure of sympathy or with darting glances at all of my spots. When you talk to someone with acne, look straight into their eyes, right? Many really don't give a shit about this.

Worst experience was when I was at a market and some teenage kid walked past me and said "god DAMN you're ugly". The strange thing is, I wasn't too affected by it Posted Image

There are worse things in life than being ugly.

I personally consider acne to be a blessing in disguise. For me to have suffered with it for more than a decade is enough. I know the pain and I just refuse to treat people that way. People that are just like me, but with different problems.

Edited by jarrit, 09 November 2012 - 02:00 PM.