Photo

Probiotics, Kefir, Yogurt, And Hormones?

kefir probiotics yogurt hormones digestions gluten probiotic steroid

5 replies to this topic

#1 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy, health, and expanding and manipulating my mind to have it be what I want. I want everyone else to be warmed by the sun light that reveals the world of corruption we live in! We will heal and be lovely again!

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

I just don't understand how if the hormones in milk supposedly cause acne, then why do fermented products not cause the same effects? I am just confused about the whole hormone and body connection in general. I mean how do our bodies know what hormones to deactivate and what ones to put into action? I mean body builders that take steroids for instance, their bodies are using those hormones readily.Thus, I don't think out bodies have something such as "hormone screening" in which it's like, oh, we already have a lot of that, let's deactivate it, but obviously the perfects (which is what I call people that are blessed with never having pimples and don't worry about life or diet), when they eat dairy products, their body is not "screening" the hormones and their skin is applying those hormones and having faster cell turnover and producing more oil, but it's not affecting them like it does us. I wonder why this is. Perhaps their digestion and optimal health is so great that their body uses the hormones and then deactivates them rapidly.

Do probiotics break down hormones? I mean hormones are just proteins. Surely maybe they have superior GIs, microflora balance, and, optimal digestion. And surely is optimal digestion helped regulate hormones, which it would make sense that it would, than maybe our bodies are able to "filter" what hormones we use and not balancing them.

So our hormones and digestion are so out of whack that our bodies don't know what to do.

I had been dairy and gluten free for months with little improvement. I just had some dairy and whole wheat, and my skin is glowing, probably eating up whatever is in these foods that I was depriving of myself in other foods.
r
If we had a massive army of probiotics and ultimate digestion, then everything we ate would be completely digested, no time to ferment and ultimate nutrient absorption, which may be why, people with perfect skin, who it utter shite, still "look" clean. Because eventhhough they don't eat as healthy as us, their body is absorbing absolutely everything it needs, from what it eats, and hey, people that eat healthy and have ultimate digestion our even better off.

So, I do think food intolerance, and allergies exist, but those of us that have it slightly, I think can fix it completely.

The gut flora you are born with, comes from your mother. passed from mother to child during pregnancy, and especially during birth. The state of your mum's gut flora before you are born affects yours, and with c sections and all those drugs today out symbiosis is sure to be off. No wonder acne runs in the family; we have similar diets and microflora to our parents.

I mean I know people with severe celiace that vomit within minutes of consuming gluten, and they still have perfect skin, and their body can't process it at all, and it obviously gets into their bloodstream. Why don't our bodies do that huh? Perhaps we should be able to digest it, but we have so many problems in our guts that our bodies have lost the ability to do so.

Ok, a lot there. Just my thoughts. I hate living in fear of what I am eating, and when eliminating soy, dairy, gluten doesn't work, it makes you feel hopeless.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Like so many other dietary factors, hormones in milk contribute to acne. If you aren't intolerant to dairy, it doesn't cause acne. Most people who consume fermented dairy do it in fairly small amounts so it's not a big issue. I use yogurt as a condiment, for example.

And eliminating soy, dairy and gluten make no noticeable difference in my skin either. I don't avoid any of it, I just limit it in my diet of mostly real, whole, nutrient dense foods. Avoiding high glycemic impacting meals/drinks/snacks while improving the nutrient quality of my food is what cleared me. Along with avoiding the food I do have an intolerance to, of course.

What else are you eating while avoiding gluten and dairy? Do you stress over every meal?

#3 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy, health, and expanding and manipulating my mind to have it be what I want. I want everyone else to be warmed by the sun light that reveals the world of corruption we live in! We will heal and be lovely again!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

Like so many other dietary factors, hormones in milk contribute to acne. If you aren't intolerant to dairy, it doesn't cause acne. Most people who consume fermented dairy do it in fairly small amounts so it's not a big issue. I use yogurt as a condiment, for example.

And eliminating soy, dairy and gluten make no noticeable difference in my skin either. I don't avoid any of it, I just limit it in my diet of mostly real, whole, nutrient dense foods. Avoiding high glycemic impacting meals/drinks/snacks while improving the nutrient quality of my food is what cleared me. Along with avoiding the food I do have an intolerance to, of course.

What else are you eating while avoiding gluten and dairy? Do you stress over every meal?

Yes, Vista, I do stress about every meal! It's a terrible way to live! And I don't get pains or anything from eating dairy, gluten, or soy, and I feel hungry all the time when I try to eat the cleanest diet possible. When I eat extremely clean, I feel hungry, and I still panic, because fruit may have to much sugar, this meat may not be organic, this is made in a factory with wheat, yadda, yadda, it's a terrible way to live Posted Image

I am currently growing my own Kombucha so that I can have it in massive quantities. I ate some greek yogurt, and I feel happy and not hungry! I wish I didn't have this subconscious fear that my face or back would blow up into zits.

And I would only eat meats, fruits, vegetables, eggs sometimes, and drink water. For snacks I would have some dried fruits with real 100% dark chocolate, and drank a lot of green or regular lipton tea.

I remember reading that you have an intolerance to citrus, is this all lemons, limes, oranges, ect. And when you eat them do you just break out or do you get other symptoms? I bet you have tried eating them again even-though you are clear, and you still break out, right?

Edited by crystalthelondonlover, 19 February 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#4 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Sorry to hear that friend. Acne is such a weird disease. You really do need to change your thoughts about it though, you can't let it beat you like that. My advice would be to try this approach: Throughout the day only have water, a smoothie, and fruit. Have one big cooked meal a day. Your right about people's ability to break toxins down, the entire reason for acne alone could be an inability to breakdown and eliminate toxins, both parts are very important.

Cooked foods have no enzymes in them, therefore your relying completely on your own. I don't really buy the whole probiotic argument anymore, I believe it's about enzymes. Enzymes are incredibly important, to the point where we would die if we didn't have them. They break everything down, keep everything running smooth. Digestive Gold is a great brand it's the one I use. My whole philosophy on keeping clear skin is to always make sure things are running smooth.

#5 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Sorry to hear that friend. Acne is such a weird disease. You really do need to change your thoughts about it though, you can't let it beat you like that. My advice would be to try this approach: Throughout the day only have water, a smoothie, and fruit. Have one big cooked meal a day. Your right about people's ability to break toxins down, the entire reason for acne alone could be an inability to breakdown and eliminate toxins, both parts are very important.

Cooked foods have no enzymes in them, therefore your relying completely on your own. I don't really buy the whole probiotic argument anymore, I believe it's about enzymes. Enzymes are incredibly important, to the point where we would die if we didn't have them. They break everything down, keep everything running smooth. Digestive Gold is a great brand it's the one I use. My whole philosophy on keeping clear skin is to always make sure things are running smooth.

I like your philosophy. How does one get enzymes naturally. I mean, probiotics greatly help with digestion. Just balance cooked with enzyme rich foods?

#6 Thehoper

Thehoper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

All raw fruits and vegetables have enzymes. Sprouted things like broccoli sprouts, alfalfa, have really high numbers, easy to toss in a salad if ya can stand the taste. But a bottle of the digestive gold enzymes cost me 10 bucks for 60 capsules. and the stuff is hypo-allergic no gluten,soy, corn, etc which most are but not a lot are soy free which I stay away from. And yeah balance, only having one cooked meal a day just makes life easier anyway. Cooked meals make ya wanna relax, do nothing lol, well me at least.. It's easy having energy through the day just eating raw foods. Dried fruit is great for on the go, I'm a big fan of raisins, dates, bananas.. and honestly I don't buy the whole fruit is the same sugar at all. A diabetic knows fruit doesn't raise your blood sugar levels at all like processed sugar. It's here naturally, god or whoever knew what they were doing when they created the stuff haha.. everyone should be eating a variety of all fruits and vegetables, just like those wise old grannies telling people to eat their colors, they know what's up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users