Does Accutane Get Rid Of Body Acne?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Zanarkand

Zanarkand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Ok i want to make this short and understandable, does Accutane heal/get rid of body acne? back/chest/shoulders and on arms as well ( goes almost from shoulders to elbows in biceps area )

i dont actually have whiteheads or anything on body, they do pop out from time to time, but its rare, my issue is the blackheads... I have hundreds of blackheads and spots that look somewhat like goosebumps except they are smaller and they are spots cause you can pinch/squeeze them, under the sun or light you cant imagine how bad that looks...

is there anyone that has/had that type of body acne and was healed from it by being on Accutane?

im on my 2nd week into Accutane ( 40mg ) so far more side effects than benefits from it

And im literally talking about hundreds of them really... its so embarassing

Edited by Zanarkand, 17 February 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#2 thrillpink

thrillpink

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yes, accutane works for acne all over your body. Are you sure those "goosebumps" are acne though? Could it be keratosis pilaris?

#3 Zanarkand

Zanarkand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Just googled keratosis pilaris and they do somehow look like the ones i have on body, mainly on back, i assme its either keratosis or whiteheads i think.

Im going to visit a GP soon, ask him what is this, GP's are clueless so doubt he'll help, but i'll ask him to make me an appointment with derm then i'll have a chat with him... if what i have is keratosis stuff then i'll lay-off accutane, as its not worth taking in that case

#4 unbreakable1

unbreakable1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

It gets rid of all acne

#5 Zanarkand

Zanarkand

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

im no longer going to use accutane, after 2 weeks of accutane i had weird side effects but i got scared today when my liver starting hurting, decided to lay-off accutane.

I should just heal naturally, good diet, faith, and over time ( most likely after puberty ) acne will hopefully go away, no point risking with accutane, its a really strong stuff, wouldm't recommend it to anyone unless you're really desperate and have a severe cystic acne

Edited by Zanarkand, 18 February 2012 - 09:33 AM.

#6 easyalex

easyalex

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

im no longer going to use accutane, after 2 weeks of accutane i had weird side effects but i got scared today when my liver starting hurting, decided to lay-off accutane.

That is such a shame! The first few weeks are the hardest and it can be a shock for you system, however, any such pains im sure would be incidental and not a problem to be concerned about. After all, the blood tests are there to ensure that serious side effects are omitted and that you are safe. The thing to remember is accutane works. It isn't easy but the results are desirable and consistent. It will cure acne.

For me, anyway, the risk is negated and if you are finding it difficult to deal with acne through a totally holistic approach, I would recommend giving accutane another shot.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users