Beach - What Should I Do?

1 reply to this topic

#1 LocustReign

LocustReign

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi there, this is my first post and firstly I want to congratulate all of you for such an awesome board and site.

So, I'm 21 male and I have acne since 13. I always had it on my face, mild/moderate, and I never was that self conscious about it. But the situation changed last year.

And that change was directly related to my weight. I was overweight since my early teens too, but then I decided to go to the gym, where I lost 23 kgs (50 labs) and started to bulk as well. Due to my previous weight situation, I avoided the beach for years and years, ashamed of my body shape. So, when I was fitter, I went to the beach and... Puff!, my back and chest simply erupted.

Dozens and dozens of whiteheads. I rushed to the doctor and she prescripted me doxycilin and erythromycin, which had a good effect, especially on my face. My chest and back situation, on the other hand, stayed the same. I went to the doctor again and, this time, accutane and BP 5% were what she prescribed.

I decided not to go directly on accutane and I'm on BP5% for three weeks. The situation is much better now and I guess it will clean the things in some months.

It's winter time here and I really want to go to the beach next summer. So, I really want to know what would you recommend me to do. Should I go? I would love to, but I'm afraid...

Thanks in advance.

#2 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just go! And if your acne still bothers you wear a t-shirt or rash guard or better yet a tank top. Luckily, us ladies can wear tankinis and such to hide acne. Good luck!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users