Beach - What Should I Do?

1 reply to this topic

#1 LocustReign

LocustReign

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi there, this is my first post and firstly I want to congratulate all of you for such an awesome board and site.

So, I'm 21 male and I have acne since 13. I always had it on my face, mild/moderate, and I never was that self conscious about it. But the situation changed last year.

And that change was directly related to my weight. I was overweight since my early teens too, but then I decided to go to the gym, where I lost 23 kgs (50 labs) and started to bulk as well. Due to my previous weight situation, I avoided the beach for years and years, ashamed of my body shape. So, when I was fitter, I went to the beach and... Puff!, my back and chest simply erupted.

Dozens and dozens of whiteheads. I rushed to the doctor and she prescripted me doxycilin and erythromycin, which had a good effect, especially on my face. My chest and back situation, on the other hand, stayed the same. I went to the doctor again and, this time, accutane and BP 5% were what she prescribed.

I decided not to go directly on accutane and I'm on BP5% for three weeks. The situation is much better now and I guess it will clean the things in some months.

It's winter time here and I really want to go to the beach next summer. So, I really want to know what would you recommend me to do. Should I go? I would love to, but I'm afraid...

Thanks in advance.

#2 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Just go! And if your acne still bothers you wear a t-shirt or rash guard or better yet a tank top. Luckily, us ladies can wear tankinis and such to hide acne. Good luck!
My Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser with Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisiturizer

PM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser w/o Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer w/ Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

FOR FOLLICULITIS & ECZEMA
Triamcimolone as needed
Ketoconazole 2% Cream (spot treatment only) twice daily
Clarifoam once daily
Noble Soap everytime I shower