2 replies to this topic

#1 dmb41

dmb41

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hello,

I've been using Benzaclin (BP and an antibiotic) since January 3rd. It seems to be getting rid of acne, but leaving my face extremely red. Is this normal for already 1.5 months into treatment? Or can I expect this to generally fade as time goes on?

Due to the results, I've reduced the application from twice a day, to once a day, at night, to prevent damage from the sun. I do not wear SPF during the day, but am starting tomorrow, maybe that is the issue? I also moisturize after every application.

I'd almost rather have a few pimples than this red face...I bought this Eucerin redness reducer with SPF. It basically is a green moisturizer that covers up some of the redness. We'll see how that works out in the next few days, but again, it covers it, not get rid of it. It's also the middle of winter in Chicago, and I do spend sometime outside at work in the cold.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dmb41, 16 February 2012 - 10:40 PM.

DKR user since October 11th, 2011

Regimen as of March 1st, 2013

-CeraVe Cleanser in AM/PM

-Better Diet

-Exercise

-1 gallon of water per day

-Green tea capsule

- Tea Tree Oil for spot treatment

80% clear

#2 manning22

manning22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

I would be very very careful if I were you. In highschool I was on BP and benzaclin and now almost 10 years later my skin is still red and flaky. When you have signs like that I would greatly reduce your amount of treatment of switch to something less harsh. It is better to have a few pimples than permanantly damaged skin like mine.

#3 dmb41

dmb41

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've cut back my use of benzaclin to only spot treating, IF that, and I can tell a little bit of reduction on the redness. I'm still on oral anti-biotics, so I'm still sensitive to the sun, but it seems the oral antibiotics are preventing new acne, other than a couple here and there. Face still looks horrible though.

Thanks for the reply.

DKR user since October 11th, 2011

Regimen as of March 1st, 2013

-CeraVe Cleanser in AM/PM

-Better Diet

-Exercise

-1 gallon of water per day

-Green tea capsule

- Tea Tree Oil for spot treatment

80% clear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users