Photo

Anyone Had Any Experience With Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)?

vitamin pantothenic acid vitamin b vitamin b5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Optiv

Optiv

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hey guys and girls

I have moderate acne I guess mostly on my face with very mild acne on my chest and back, I'm a 21 year old male.

So as you can probably guess I'm trying to clear my acne, I've tried antibiotics, BP, and the usual OTC stuff but the only thing that will happen is my face with dry up really bad even when using a strong moisturiser like double base.

I decided not to go for accutane as I'm not keen on the side effects so started searching for an alternative and came across Vitamin B5.

I read of people taking massive doses, like 10g per day and some suffered from nasty side effects like chronic diarrhea and hair loss so decided to take it easy with 1.5g a day

I've been taking 1.5g a day for 9 days now and within the first 3 days I broke out pretty bad, maybe 8-10 new spots on my face, Since then my skin has just been recovering, I've had 2 new spots in the last 6 days which is pretty good for me and they're really tiny and seem to be very inactive. So I'm hoping that my skin will continue to heal and clear. Fingers crossed.

Other than the B5 I'm taking a multi-Vitamin, drinking about 70 ounces of water a day and just washing twice daily with water.

My diet isn't great for clearing acne as I'm trying to gain weight but it seems to be going ok so far

Oh and one other side effect i've noticed is my pee is like UV Green/yellow.....Weird!

So just looking for other's people's experiences with Vitamin B5

:)

#2 NotCleanAndNotClear

NotCleanAndNotClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

hey,
i have tried b5 for 3 years or something. i didn't really do much for me. it does make your skin less oily (which is nice), but it did not affect my acne problem at all.what i remember is that i had a bad headache the first few days. today i am still taking like 2 g a day, just to reduce the oiliness.
also i think it makes my workout more effective ^^
why didn't BP work for you? did you try the regimen? cuz i'm givin that one a shot right now...
hope b5 works for ya!

#3 Optiv

Optiv

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hey!
Yeah from the reviews I've read it does seem effective at reducing oil which is great for most people but my skin is quite dry normally. Thanks for your thoughts on B5, sad to read it didn't help with your acne.

Not sure what the regimen is (?) just followed the instructions on the bottle, I tried it for 6 months and all it seemed to do is dry my skin and make it feel really tight... my skin was flaky which probably didn't help as it may have blocked pores causing more acne.

Some people have mentioned a boost in energy from B5 so that's maybe why its good for your workout?

#4 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

hey,
i have tried b5 for 3 years or something. i didn't really do much for me. it does make your skin less oily (which is nice), but it did not affect my acne problem at all.what i remember is that i had a bad headache the first few days. today i am still taking like 2 g a day, just to reduce the oiliness.
also i think it makes my workout more effective ^^
why didn't BP work for you? did you try the regimen? cuz i'm givin that one a shot right now...
hope b5 works for ya!

HEADACHE!!! Holy shit...I never get headaches, but I have been getting them on and off for a few days. I never realized it was the Vit b5 I recently started taking...but that definitely explains it. lol thanks for the tip!

PS ive only been taking it for about a week, and I have a good topical regimen, so i can't comment on the efficacy

#5 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Yeah I've tried it. It was kind of a pain because I had to take 10-20 pills a day depending on how many mgs I could get, and it honestly didn't do much. I was so disappointed because I've tried everything and this at first gave me hope. The first couple of weeks I got more oily than before but then it got better. Mostly it just gave me stomach problems. I'm sorry if this isn't what you want to hear. I know its hard but don't give up hope! Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for you.

#6 NotCleanAndNotClear

NotCleanAndNotClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

HEADACHE!!! Holy shit...I never get headaches, but I have been getting them on and off for a few days. I never realized it was the Vit b5 I recently started taking...but that definitely explains it. lol thanks for the tip!

PS ive only been taking it for about a week, and I have a good topical regimen, so i can't comment on the efficacy

haha yeah i didn't realize it was the b5 in the beginning either. but i'm pretty sure it was. you should drink more, it helps, and after a week or two the headache will fade anyways :)

Hey!
Yeah from the reviews I've read it does seem effective at reducing oil which is great for most people but my skin is quite dry normally. Thanks for your thoughts on B5, sad to read it didn't help with your acne.

Not sure what the regimen is (?) just followed the instructions on the bottle, I tried it for 6 months and all it seemed to do is dry my skin and make it feel really tight... my skin was flaky which probably didn't help as it may have blocked pores causing more acne.

Some people have mentioned a boost in energy from B5 so that's maybe why its good for your workout?

Posted Image

maybe you should check out the regimen, you can find the how to on this site [get clear]
i feel like the b5 helps building up muscles, or helps me burn fat. but i'm not sure.

#7 Optiv

Optiv

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

@TheSavyBanana, Thanks for your input, I'd rather people give their honest experience whether its negative or positive, hopefully you'll find something that works for you soon.
I'm going to carry on with it as it has seemed to really slow the production of sebum, maybe i'm just being overly optimistic but its worth a shot :)

@NotCleanAndNotClear, I'll check out the regimen, thanks!

#8 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

@TheSavyBanana, Thanks for your input, I'd rather people give their honest experience whether its negative or positive, hopefully you'll find something that works for you soon.
I'm going to carry on with it as it has seemed to really slow the production of sebum, maybe i'm just being overly optimistic but its worth a shot Posted Image

@NotCleanAndNotClear, I'll check out the regimen, thanks!

Posted Image

Good, I hope it works for you! It seems like a lot of people have had good experiences with it. And thanks, I hope so too!