Photo

Would You Trust A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?

laser scar scars scarred treatment doctor plastic surgeon dermatologist board certified

2 replies to this topic

#1 whatjathink

whatjathink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Here's my situation. I have heard great things about a specific laser treatment, but the doctor who performed said great things with the laser is a board certified dermatologist and a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery. The catch is, he is in California, while I am in Illinois. The only doctors that offer the laser treatment I'm looking for within 100 miles of my area are board certified plastic surgeons. I should mention that one of the doctors in my area has also been called "Top Plastic Surgeon" by Castle Connolly's Chicago Magazine every year since 2000."

I am very cautious about lasers. I'm having a lot of trouble deciding if I cant trust a board certified plastic surgeoun to treat my face as opposed to a board certified dermatologist. I know no one can really decide for me, but I would really love to hear some opinions/experiences because I am completely stumped at this point.

Edited by whatjathink, 16 February 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#2 whatjathink

whatjathink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Anyone? Posted Image

#3 whatjathink

whatjathink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me