Photo

I Can't Even Wash My Face With Water Without It Drying Out.

pimple pimples oily skin

3 replies to this topic

#1 Insane Badger

Insane Badger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

I was really hoping I wouldn't ever have to log back on here Posted Image

Anyways, my skin was clear for about a year, and then about 3 months ago I started breaking out pretty badly, this time around my mouth (which has never happened.) I probably have at least 5-10 active pimples below and in the corners of my mouth at any given day. I've been washing my face twice a day religiously, along with applying prescription and OTC topical ointments as well all to no avail. So I thought maybe my constantly dry/oily skin might be the issue with dead skin cells clogging my pores and such. Basically, anything that touches my face dries it out. Even simply rinsing it with water will make my entire face super tight and flaky. Washing it with cleaners is even worse. If I don't use moisturizer right after I get out of the shower, my face will pretty much peel off. Even after moisturizing, I still have to make sure keep my face still for at least 20-30 minutes so my face won't move and crack.
Does anyone know why this is or how I can fix it? It's usually only like this for an hour or so once I wash my face. After that, it starts to get really oily again. I've tried washing my face with everything from luke-warm water to manual exfoliators to facewashes with salyicilic acid to facewashes with BP, even to that Purpose cleaner that everyone seems to like because of its gentleness. Yet everytime I step out of the shower, my face begins to dry up like a sponge. Dunno what's goin on. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. Even if I don't wash my face twice a day, it'll still get just as dry. I could stop washing it for a week and nothing would change.

Edited by Insane Badger, 15 February 2012 - 03:55 AM.

#2 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

Then simply don't wash your face. Your skin doesn't seem to like the water you use...I can't wash my face with water either. I just use a gentle cleansing milk nowadays. For a year I only used a toner. Try to take a look at those (search for one that is gentle and suitable for acne prone skin), maybe it will help you like it helped me! It's very weird but I get more pimples if I use water on my face, probably because it irritates my skin and it just gets angry lol...

On the other hand I heard some use bottled water or filtered. You could try that, maybe there's something in your water that irritates your skin so much. But personally bottled water didn't work for me and I didn't bother to buy a filter.
mild acne with redness on my cheeks.
supplements: 50mg zinc, 1000mg vit C, multivit
other: bio probiotic yogurt
regimen: A.M. - uriage roseliane fluid, eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion P.M.- uriage roseliane fluid, Suki white willow toner, eucerin redness relief night creme
spot treatment: witch hazel

#3 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Make sure you're not using any medicated cleansers. Especially ones with BP in them. They will dry your skin out. Also, what OTC ointments are you using? If you're using a 5% BP or higher, it could be the root of your problem too. Just use something mild to wash, then use a 2.5% BP and a good moisturizer. I love CeraVe PM lotion. I use it night and day. My skin is oily too, but this stuff combats the flakes like no other. I use a shine sheet in my t-zone if it gets too shiny. Also, what works wonders for my dry skin... plain yogurt mask! I just started this Monday and have been using it every day since. It definitely reduces redness and it moisturizes your skin so much. it really makes a difference when doing it right before applying BP. good luck!

p.s. if you need to exfoliate, try baking soda! this is the most gentle way to remove dead skin that I have ever found! =)

Edited by whatthekell, 15 February 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#4 RPembroak

RPembroak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Learning, Travelling, Reading, Exercise, Healing

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Insane badger, try an alkaline diet. I really recommend this. Acne is strictly from the foods we put in our body. The stress and other factors are just incidental. And get some digestive enzymes to eat with meals. And take cold water baths. And start skin brushing your whole body, not your face right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users