Photo

Paula's Choice Stuff!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:58 PM

Anybody have good or bad experiences with any Paula's Choice products? Id appreciate your feedback!

#2 Lange

Lange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

Currently, I'm using Paula's Choice BHA lotion.

It certainly has not done anything bad, but I can't say for sure that it is helping me. I am seeing results, but I'm also doing 30% SA peels every few days as well as using an SA scrub with beads.

!!!***~~~Regimen~~~***!!!

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

#3 Paperboy Bike

Paperboy Bike

Just-B

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

I use quite a few of the products, but not for acne.

#4 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

i've used the lotion (bha 2%) broke me out awhile back. didnt seem to work

so then this year i recently went back because i need BHA in my regimen and i got the regular 2% bha gel. I didnt work and it leaves a sticky residue. Terrible if your trying to apply anything else after. Full of a bunch of bs chemicals imo.

So what customer support said is to use there acne targeted line for bha as it goes on thin and leaves no residue. Im not odering from them as its 20 bucks basically for 1 bottle. I know the woman over at the EDS forums just rave about PC. I dont as a male i can say i do not like PC products.

Im still looking for a suitable BHA product. Preferably liquid and a low ph so that i can apply my vitamin C serum after (ph of it is <3.5 >3.0) I then need a moisturizer for day use as well but i haven't that either.

Browse some forums to get a better opinion for yourself but my tries with PC are over.

I dont mean to jack this thread but has anyone heard of this product line: BellaBoo ? its Australian

http://www.bellaboobabe.com/shop

I'm wondering if their moisturizer is any good but i dont want a female sent... something to go after vitamin c serum/aha gel

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#5 Maximus Decimus Merideous

Maximus Decimus Merideous

Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

so then this year i recently went back because i need BHA in my regimen and i got the regular 2% bha gel. I didnt work and it leaves a sticky residue. Terrible if your trying to apply anything else after. Full of a bunch of bs chemicals imo.

So what customer support said is to use there acne targeted line for bha as it goes on thin and leaves no residue. Im not odering from them as its 20 bucks basically for 1 bottle. I know the woman over at the EDS forums just rave about PC. I dont as a male i can say i do not like PC products.

Im still looking for a suitable BHA product. Preferably liquid and a low ph so that i can apply my vitamin C serum after (ph of it is <3.5 >3.0) I then need a moisturizer for day use as well but i haven't that either.

Browse some forums to get a better opinion for yourself but my tries with PC are over.

I dont mean to jack this thread but has anyone heard of this product line: BellaBoo ? its Australian

I'm wondering if their moisturizer is any good but i dont want a female sent... something to go after vitamin c serum/aha gel

Thats funny...i was actually looking for another product review site earlier today..thanks!

I use acne.org (obviously) and also makeupalley.com. Im a dude also, but they have really good reviews of hundreds of face products. You need to be a member to look at reviews, but its a free and easy sign up. Try looking at reviews on that site

#6 Lange

Lange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:48 AM

BHA products tend to break you out more because they loosen the plugs in the pores and try to force them out.

After a peel, there are times when literally, I have plugs just hanging out of pores.

But, if you have blocked pores and closed comdones, I suspect this is what you need.

!!!***~~~Regimen~~~***!!!

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

#7 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

Thats funny...i was actually looking for another product review site earlier today..thanks!

I use acne.org (obviously) and also makeupalley.com. Im a dude also, but they have really good reviews of hundreds of face products. You need to be a member to look at reviews, but its a free and easy sign up. Try looking at reviews on that site

Yea sights like MUA and EDS are female orientated but serve as great review sites for skin care products and alike.. As long as you can differentiate from those using such products for different purposes other than acne than ur good to go.

I have a MUA account so i can read different things

BHA's have the chance to break you out but after that they become necessary for maintenance and prevention. Thats why im looking for a decent product <3.5ph and liquid preferably.

GoW (garden of wisdom) is a good site and has its own forums. I like there tea tree face cleanser.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#8 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

I dont like her BHA Gels. They're sticky and make u look greasy.

i only tried her 2% BHA gel and Skin Lightener Gel.
Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

#9 *`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~ABG Fairy~*`*

*`*~Acne Be Gone Fairy~*`*

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

I use her Skin Balancing line as well as her 2% BHA liquid. My skin cleared up when I started using her products and drinking green smoothies every day. I do believe it's the green smoothies that were vital in clearing my skin (I tested this theory out several times), but I believe using well-formulated products is also really important, and I find hers to be. I had previously only wanted to use all-natural lines, but I didn't like the way they were formulated. Whatever the case, you don't have to use Paula's Products--she gives reviews for other brands, and there are several great options out there: http://www.beautyped...ls.aspx?bcid=28

"...whatsoever things are true... honest... just... pure... lovely... or of good report;

if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

~Philippians 4:8~

Green smoothies/blended greens keep me clear! Click here

* Diet: Whole foods, mostly plant-based diet - lots of green vegetables, beans/legumes, nuts/seeds, fruit and occasional whole grains. If you suffer with acne, please see the diet tip section here.

* Skin-care Regimen: I recommend Paula's Choice (by Paula Begoun). For basic and effective, well-researched skin-care tips, click here.

* Supplements: Acidophilus, a safe, well-researched, food-based multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, and a pure DHA supplement.

* Lifestyle: Plenty of sleep, sweat-inducing exercise, sunshine, time each day to relax and de-stress, focusing on love, compassion and thankfulness, and keeping a clean, organized environment and life, helps to more easily maintain a healthy, happy life.

* Faith: If you're open to religion, having faith greatly helps with well-being and health. My faith is in Jesus Christ. I had to do much research regarding this decision, but it was worth it! It gives my life meaning, peace, and especially joy. If you have questions, PM me!