Photo

Proactiv Sorta Works But Stings Like Hell!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

I've been using proactive for few months. It does work, it cleared me up. I still do break out though but much less and all the tiny bumps on my forehead are mostly gone.

Thing is ProActiv literally stings sooo much, it hurts a lot. I can definately just ignore it but still it stings a lot and the smell is really funny also.

ProActiv never really made my skin that red or itchy so I don't think I have an allergy to it but whenever I apply one thing I know is that it stings a lot.

Is it suppose to do this? I might just try out a normal BP from Walmart and see if it stings because I also have a BP Cleansers which really doesn't sting at all but proactiv does eventhough they are the same ingredient.

#2 TheMedic

TheMedic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Never worked for me, and I used it for a looong time.

#3 alliecats

alliecats

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

I wasted a couple hundred dollars on proactiv and it did not work for me either :(

#4 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

To me, it seemed that different regiemens seemed to treat different types of acnes.

For example, i got a 2 dolalr tea tree oil with essential oils and aloe vera extract, it cleared my eye brow acne within a week. Now only very tiny bumps remains, it made my skin more smoother but for some reason I saw new bumps on other parts of my skin like on my cheeks, but still tea tree works well, and it isn't the pure version, the pure extract made my skin worse, was too strong.

#5 WantThisAcneGone

WantThisAcneGone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

I remember using ProActiv when I was about 11/12 years old/ when my acne first began developing. It didn't work for me at all, sad to say.

I used it for a couple months, and all it did was worsen my acne. Not to mention it took the company forever to even MAIL the package. Sucks.

#6 k3tchup

k3tchup

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

It irritates the hell out of skin. Never worked for me but gave me tons of flaking and redness. I tried it when i was in HS. Never worked. Years later i still get mail from them asking me to "come back"

f them

#7 prettyduck

prettyduck

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

The stinging is probably the Benzoyl Peroxide, which is actually powerful enough to bleach stuff. But if it's working, and the side effects aren't too bad, I don't see anything wrong with it. I had good results from it for a while, but it was too annoying to manage the way they ship stuff. After a few months, I had like 2 extra kits that I didn't need...I might still have some actually.

#8 LadyDiana

LadyDiana

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well proactiv worked for me i see alot of conflicting information when it comes to using this product buy i gave it a shot and it works really well for me! I found a website that sells it really cheap for all the people that say they spend hundreds stop going retail! http://www.howtocurezits.com but overall its a great product lets hear about some success stories? Posted Image