Photo

no bread or cereal week 2

gluten aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 thenewshmoo

thenewshmoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:12 AM

This is my second week eating no gluten, grains, bread, cereal etc...guess what, NOT ONE NEW ZIT ... there is so much scientific evidence that suggests that this causes acne in people that have acne that wont clear by conventional means.

If you have acne that doesn`t respond or hasn`t responded to all treatments like accutane etc then try this diet because it works. Its pretty damn coincidental that i have not had one zit in 2 weeks. Usually i would have 5 or 6 by now!

Dont be a chump and think this is all Bullshit. Its the real deal baby...i`m on the road to freedom town wuahahha

oh the reason this diet probably hasn`t made as much of an impact as it should have...well you have to realise that it would probably send a few companies down the toilet who make acne prodcuts that dont work.

they dont want you to be clear, they want you to have a face full of zits, use their product then have slightly less zits. They are laughing all the way to the bank with their crap products containing BP SA and all that other unnatural shit that people lather onto their faces everyday just to make their skin look even redder...

clearasil, thats the funniest load of shit i have ever seen

the best thing about this thing of not eating bread and cereal etc is that it will SAVE you money and you wont be paying some corporation money for nothing.....fuck them, fuck them with their stupid fucking money making ways. i am going to rape them for stealing all my money these past years.....t

#2 Jewboy

Jewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:33 AM

Hey newshmoo

Good to hear things are working out. I remember you from the ragforum, things wernt to good then, but its great to see the way you have picked yourself up. I too was on blasted accutane, the mouthafucker biatch drug, that kills you aswell as your acne. The Derm still thinks i am smile.gif, but i, like you, have taken the diet root, belive me it makes a humungus differnence not only to your acne, but also to your genral wellbeing.

Acne is way of telling us that our bodys are not in working order, and we need to change it, not through barbaric drugs like Roaccutane.

Man i too was fucked cos of that Roaccutane. Its good to see you overcome it aswell.

Nice one mate

#3 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

Sorry but i think your talking bs...

Can you back up what your saying with any evidence or other people with simillar diets?.

#4 Jewboy

Jewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Ryan Valmont @ Sep 17 2004, 10:00 AM)

View Post

I used to think it was aswell.

#5 thenewshmoo

thenewshmoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:09 AM

Can you back up what your saying with any evidence or other people with simillar diets?.

View Post

yeah i made the whole thing up because i want stocks in bread and cereal to go down.. go eat a dick.

Jewboy - good to here your diet is working also.....i remember all those posts on ragforum, what bad days they were!.... oh well, its all good form here on in, good luck! biggrin.gif

#6 Ryan Valmont

Ryan Valmont

The Rated R Superstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(thenewshmoo @ Sep 17 2004, 09:56 AM)

View Post

yeah i made the whole thing up because i want stocks in bread and cereal to go down.. go eat a dick.

Jewboy - good to here your diet is working also.....i remember all those posts on ragforum, what bad days they were!.... oh well, its all good form here on in, good luck! biggrin.gif

View Post

maybe i used the wrong words calling it "bs" lol....but what i mean,is that it might work for some people and not the others.

i made a thread about giving up things that help acne,some people said it wouldn't do anything where as i KNOW it made a diffrence.

i guess it's down to the individuals body i guess.

#7 DipItLow

DipItLow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:01 PM

just because you cleared a few zits on your face dosent mean you have to be a complete fucking dickhead. its only natural someone will object your theory as I have a sister who eats pizzas out the ass and drinks sodas with absolutely clear skin. Wher as I eat a healthy diet consisting of salads and water yet I have acne. bb_icon_rolleyes.gif

#8 MB1983

MB1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:24 PM

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading for some while.

I'm very interested in your post; could you please tell me what kind of foods you avoided? As I'm quite interested in trying this out.

I've had acne since I was around 14, I'm now 21! I've tried everything under the sun! Although my acne isnt very severe, its just very annoying and gets my confidence down.

I'm in my doctors for more treatments almost every few months, he's probably sick of seeing me. He's always telling me I'll soon grow out of this, but is this the case? I hope so.

Any more info on this diet would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

#9 thenewshmoo

thenewshmoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:42 PM

hi,

I always read the labels on what i eat and strictly avoid anything containing Gluten, wheat or flour. Also i avoid any types of grains which are found in every cereal i have ever encountered.

In addition, you will need to avoid some sauces that contain these types of ingredients. The main things you want to avoid are bread, cereal or anything that needs or has flour in it...also always read the labels to see if its gluten free...also avoid rice and grains in general...

I have researched a great deal on the internet about this subject and feel and can`t believe i didn`t try it before. I am not saying it will 100% work for you as that would be foolish; however i think that if a person has been suffering from acne for a long time it is worth trying as there is a scientific basis to it and it could be the thing that clears you up.

I have read a few articles that state that people who have tried various anti biotics and treatments without success should try an elimination diet..... let me know how you get on.... good luck if you try it biggrin.gif

PS try taking some GLA supplements as well like Borage oil or Oil of primrose as this helps stop your pores clogging up and forming acne.....

#10 MB1983

MB1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:01 PM

Thanks mate, appreciated.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Fingers crossed.

#11 evigrex

evigrex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:41 PM

I'm happy that your diet is working for you - acne takes such an emotional toll sometimes that anything that gets rid of it gives a sense of victory.

I do disagree with the statement that there is "a lot" of scientific evidence to support this, though.

#12 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 06:18 PM

What the hell did you eat for breakfast then? All I have to choose from is cereal or toast... and all I can have for lunch is a sandwich... what the hell do you eat??

#13 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:21 PM

Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Ham, Sausage or whatever types of protein you want including Nuts, Seeds. If you are eating Gluten-Free Grains then you can have Rice cakes or Rice, Amaranth, or Buckwheat Cereals or Hot Cereals. You can also eat Gluten-Free Waffles, Pancakes, Muffins, etc. Of course you can eat Fresh fruit, vegetables, and dried fruit too.

Lunch - eat the meat and not the bread (or wrap it with a lettuce, a rice wrap or buckwheat tortilla). Eat the meat over a nutritious salad (romaine or spinach...not iceberg lettuce). Eat fruit, Vegetables, nuts, etc. Eat mexican or asian foods (just watch the ingredients). You can also have Gluten-Free foods if ya like such as the above, or you can eat (natural or preservative free) commercial foods such as Hormel that has some canned items that don't contain gluten.

It really depends on whether you are going Gluten-Free (plenty of other grains to eat), Low Grain (rice, corn, and/or unrefined oats), or No Grain. Depending on what you pick, there's still plenty of "bread" options for you. If you want to try it, start off on one end of this either Gluten-Free or No Grain and see whether you need to adjust (more grains or less grains) your diet to further improve your skin or others symptoms.

HTH =)

#14 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:32 PM

I don't understand the rationale for eliminating grains from the diet. As I understand it, the human body requires carbohydrates for energy, particularly for proper functioning of the nervous system, including the brain. I read a book titled "The Zone" by Barry Sears, Ph.D, in which he explained the importance of glycemic index with regard to carbohydrates. A simple carbohydrate or sugar has a high glycemic index, which is bad, because it means the stomach converts it too quickly to glucose. Too much glucose, all at once, triggers an insulin response, which is responsible for weight gain by an increase of body fat, and which is also responsible for hormonal responses that can cause acne. A complex, high-fiber carbohydrate, such as rolled oats or whole wheat, has a lower glycemic index, which is good, because conversion to glucose occurs slowly.

However, glycemic index is not the only factor. Too much carbohydrate of any kind will lead to weight gain in the fatty tissues. A well-balanced diet includes adequate protein and fats. The most nutritious fats are monounsaturated, such as olive, nut, and fish oils. The intake of saturated fats, present in meat and milk, should be limited, because saturated fats are believed to play a role in the clogging of arteries.

I just had a delicious meal consisting of whole wheat macaroni, salmon, diced tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and sea salt. Without the macaroni, it would have been lacking essential calories, which enabled me to think and type this post. I don't know what it is about gluten that is supposed to be bad, but it does not cause me any apparent problems. I'm 5'11' tall, weigh 150 pounds, and have clear skin, thanks to my diet.

I'm not about to give up wheat, which along with corn, rice, and other crops, is responsible for the rise of civilization about 10,000 years ago. Their relative abundance freed many people from time and labor-intensive hunting and gathering, which enabled them to specialize in other activities that promoted advances in the knowledge and technology that made civilization possible. Some say that hunter-gatherers had a better diet than we, but I understand they ate roots and tubers, from which modern crops such as carrots and potatoes are derived. They ate breadfruits, yams, and bananas, which are all starchy foods. The notion of the hunter-gatherer having access to nutrition that is superior to ours strikes me as idyllic. We also have access to nutritious foods. It is a matter of avoiding the twinkies and Cap'n Crunch, and going for the fresh produce, salmon, nuts, and whole grains.

#15 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:56 AM

Steve,
There's several valid theories behind the avoidance of Wheat and/or Gluten:

Allergenic - Wheat is among the top allergens (along with other foods that some of us also avoid)

Gluten - Glycoprotein Insulin Mimicker and supposedly encourages Insulin Resistance & Type II Diabetes in Type O and Type B Blood Types. Also an Intolerant reaction inducing food for those susceptible. Also contains yeast for those that must follow a yeast free diet for candida/internal yeast infections.

Lectins - Glycoprotein Insulin Mimicker and select ones supposedly encourages Insulin Resistance & Type II Diabetes in Type O and Type B Blood Types. Also an Intolerant reaction inducing food for those susceptible

Amylose - Whole Wheat, and perhaps other glutenious grains, does not contain as much amylose as say, even white rice, and as such further increases Insulin Resistance, Type II Diabetes, High Cholesterol, Hyperandrogenism, etc

Nutrition - There are several other grains that are more nutritious than Wheat and also happen to be gluten free. For those that are prone to IR there are grains that help reduce this risk as well as providing additional nutrients, EFAs & fiber that whole wheat can not provide.

Severity/Sensitivity - Some people's Hyperandrogenism / Hyperinsulinemia, Allergies, and/or Intolerances are severe enough that they MUST avoid not just refined grains but specific grains or perhaps all of them in order to achieve results.

Myself for example, my Free Testosterone levels are within a Male's Normal ranges, yet I am a female! Therefore, I had to take more "drastic" measures and eliminate the "worst" of the grains....it worked. I still eat plenty of carbs in the form of fruits, veggies, and GF Grains. However, while my carb intake dropped by 50%, it's still the dominant building block in my diet... only I changed the type, quality & amount.

Also, without my diagnosis and tons of research and others testimonies I may not have known what to eliminate as I thought taking the Avandia was "enough". LOL, not even close (so I dropped it), but I guess experimenting safely & smartly is what makes this soo much "fun".

Take care smile.gif

#16 thenewshmoo

thenewshmoo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:07 AM

I do not believe this type of approach will help everyone to reduce their acne to a point where it is of little or no concern to them; i do however think it is worth trying if you have suffered from acne and conventional drug therapies have failed....i mean what do you have to lose? a few weeks of not eating bread and cereal to see if it works. If it doesn`t work you can resume your normal diet.

I got alot of info on this subject by simply typing 'bread + acne' into a few search engines.

I agree that this type of diet limits what you can eat but for me it was a good thing because i needed to lose a couple of pounds anyway. Good luck everyone who tries it, you dont have anything to lose. (apart from your acne)

if this diet doesn`t work, try something else.

#17 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:19 PM

Thanks for your informative reply, SweetJade. Each of the points you made about wheat is plausible, except the one about wheat containing yeast. As I understand it, the high temperature of baking kills the yeast in bread, but the yeast contributes B vitamins. So I don't think yeast in bread should be a problem, in terms of promoting a yeast infection. If a person is allergic to yeast, then of course killing it may not prevent an allergic reaction.

I believe a well-balanced diet contains a wide variety of foods, so I consume other grains, such as corn, oats, rye, and brown rice, besides whole wheat. So, the wheat does not appear to cause me any problems. The plant protein gluten mimicing insulin is as strange as the component of soy mimicing estrogen. I limit my consumption of soy, an otherwise nutritious food, for that reason.

Regards,

Steve Brown

#18 idealist

idealist

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:10 PM

here is a good article about diet and acne, "Acne: A Disease of Western Civilization"

http://www.ncbi.nlm....6&dopt=Abstract

#19 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:48 PM

Just bumping this for the guy in the other thread.

#20 jebus

jebus

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:20 AM

would oatmeal from the supermarket work in this kind of diet?

All of them are the "instant" microwave variety

I'm still new to this concept, but its interesting and i'm trying to learn

Thanks