Photo

Do The Flakes/dryness Ever Stop?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dunsel

Dunsel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

How long does it take for the dry skin and flakes to go away?

I've been on the regimen for like 3-4 months now and my skin is really clear; no blemishes. But the dryness and flaking still hasn't died down. Is there anything more I can do to reduce this; or will it stop eventually?

Edited by Dunsel, 12 February 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#2 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:44 AM

Typically it will stop. But for some they battle it their entire time on the regimen. I've been on it for several months and my skin is still dry, but not flaky. Flakiness for me stopped around week 6 I think. Definitely sometime in the 2nd month. But I'm still reliant on moisturizer because of dryness.

#3 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

I'm in my 7th month and still battling flakes:(

#4 Radovan

Radovan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

Honestly, i think dryness and flaking will never stop completely but will decrease greatly through time. Maybe thats the price we have to pay for clear skin...

#5 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

this is a really good topic and well i really hate flaky/ dry skin. i can honestly say that i feel like flakes is just as bad as acne for me. and if thats the price to pay then im not sure if this regimen is right for me so if someone knows a way to help with this please reply.

Edited by AcneeHater, 13 February 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#6 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

this is a really good topic and well i really hate flaky/ dry skin. i can honestly say that i feel like flakes is just as bad as acne for me. and if thats the price to pay then im not sure if this regimen is right for me so if someone knows a way to help with this please reply.

Many people feel this same way. Is it worth it to be clear but have to battle dry, flaky, uncomfortable, weird feeling skin constantly? Really, it is up to the individual. All I can suggest is using lots of jojoba oil at night. I mean LOTS. Doesn't matter how greasy or oily you look while you sleep, and you will likely notice more moisturized skin during your morning regimen.

That being said, flakiness and dryness is different for everyone. I'm not flaky anymore unless I irritate my skin somehow, but I am definitely still dry and I hate the texture of my skin, and having to use so much moisturizer all the time. Happy to be clear, but the dryness and feeling of my skin is getting old. That is why I have been slowly coming off the regimen the past few weeks. Im trying to quit, but going very slow with reducing bp to ensure that I stay clear if I reach a point where I start breaking out, then I will go up a little bit with the bp and stay there with it for awhile longer. But in the very least i will discover how little bp I can use, while still staying clear. Which would be better than 2 pumps twice a day for the dryness. Maybe give that method a shot. Reduce bp a little, use that amount for a week. If still clear, reduce a little more, and use that for a week. And so on.

#7 LMH7654

LMH7654

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

I am in total agreement here. I am basically into my 7th week and still dry and flaky. I am used to having oily skin, so this is a HUGE change. I use the AHA + but like a dime size every other day while my skin adjusts. I hope this helps!

Good luck to everyone who is still battling dryness!

#8 SweDan

SweDan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

My face used to be very dry, even after 4 months. Then I decided to try using BP only at nights, and not in the mornings. The dryness went away, and so did the flaking. I realize that not everyone may be able to stay clear from only once a day, but I'd say it's worth a try. I still get a few small spots, but it's rarely more than one active at the same time (actually I never got 100% clear even when I used it twice a day). I may have been able to get 100% clear if I'd kept at it, but it just wasn't worth it. I'd rather have the rare spot than constant dryness.

#9 Dunsel

Dunsel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

I realize that not everyone may be able to stay clear from only once a day, but I'd say it's worth a try.

Do you think it would be better to do a bit less bp both morning and night, or the full amount only once a day like you're doing?

#10 SweDan

SweDan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

Do you think it would be better to do a bit less bp both morning and night, or the full amount only once a day like you're doing?

Good question, I just went instantly to once per day because I still had pretty bad redness, which I guessed was from the BP (I can't buy Dan's, unfortunately). The redness did indeed go down as well as the dryness, but I can't say if using less for each application instead would have done the same. Maybe you could try to use less BP twice a day first? To me, it sounds like you may not need to use the full dosage anymore to stay clear. Either way, I hope you can find a solution that works for you.

#11 AcneeHater

AcneeHater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

the first time i used DKR my face was super red irritated dry flaky you name it. so i could take it and i stopped for a good 6months. but i realized i up the dosage for bp too quickly so i thought about it cause i tried other things but none of that work, and got back on dan's regimen. and well i started super slow pea size only at night for about a week or so and my face adapted really quickly and so it was easier this time for me to up my dosage without getting redness. but my face still feels kinda tight. im 3 an half weeks in and i can't live without moisterizer Posted Image.

im not too sure if its jsut me but my face is most flaky after cleansing but once i add bp it sorta helps get rid of the flakiness then i use moisterizer to help get rid of that tight feeling.

Edited by AcneeHater, 15 February 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#12 Lola Burns

Lola Burns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

Here's what I did to stop the flakes completely and within 2 weeks: using bp only at night. In the the morning, after washing my face, but before drying it, gently apply a liberal amount of jojoba oil. Then blot with a tissue (gently!) and apply moisturizer (gently!).