hormonal acne spironolactone prescription chin spiro

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kristaval

Kristaval

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

I quickly would like to mention what helped me with my acne. I'm 22 (female) and have had acne since I was a freshman in high school. After trying and failing with EVERY OTC medications avaliable (and very strong retin-a cream my general doctor gave me [it dried my face up SO bad I couldn't use it]), I decided to go to the dermatologist. They put me on atralin, acanya, and amoxicillin. After having major results I was SO happy. However, I still was having trouble with my chin acne. For my follow up, she kept the two topical creams but replaced my amoxicillin with minocycline. She also put me on 50mg of spironolactone. She recommended I wash my face with Cerove (otc) and use Cerove lotion. I know it sounds like A LOT of medication, but OMG my skin is 100% clear. I just wanted to share my story. There is hope !! :)

#2 Zyrie Cruz

Zyrie Cruz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

where is it ? i mean the clinic?

#3 Espinilla12

Espinilla12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Just wanted to share that I also have been on spironolactone....for a year now. I'm really happy w/ the results. I also use Cerave Lotion....I'm so grateful this product exists...it has done wonders for my skin along with the atralin gel. I also avoid dairy, excersise 3x a week. I finally found a regamine that works!

#4 NLO010

NLO010

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

I was put on acanya too! How often do you use yours? and did you have any sort of side effects, because it usually makes my face feel itchy, I dont know if that means its working or not...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users