Photo

Just Trying To Find My Way.....a Holistic Approach To Acne

vitamin d chromium chromium picolinate fish oil garlic gluten

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#81 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

This has been one of best weekends i've had in a long time! My family was with me, we went shopping and for once i wasn't in the mirror every five seconds which helped tremendously. Still breaking out, a few inflamed pimples, tons of smaller ones and plenty clogged pores that seemed to have come on overnight. It's ok though.

I ate this weekend, not afraid of my food (still gluten and dairy free though) as i realize that i am breaking out when i eat with my restricted diet and when i don't so i might as well eat and be happy than be afraid to eat and be unhappy.

Have i given up.....maybe....or maybe i am less stringent because in 3 weeks i may be able to complete my incimplete course of accutane that was started in November. Who knows. Accutane is not a drug i want to go on again so hopefully my blood results this Thursday will reveal something.

Will update then.

I am VERY disappointed that the holistic way did not work for me when it seemed to have worked for so many others but such as life - it's the hand that i've been dealt and i have to deal with that.

#82 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Results Are In:

Everything is fine with me health wise.
My A1 C which measure my glucose level for 3 months dropped 3 points to within normal range so YAY!!!!! Liver function was good, cholesterol was great, thyroid function was normal, hormones are in normal range.

The only thing that was out of range was kidney test which showed i was dehydrated (i haven't been drinking as much liquids as i used to).

I am happy to be ok but then i have no clue as to why i have acne and what i can do to help it.

Another Dead End

#83 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hey All! Just wanted to send a final post/update as i have decided to close this log. I am currently not going doing holistic 100% so i feel as if this log would not be living up to its name.

I will soon be posting a current picture in my gallery so that you can see the current and very sad state of my skin. I will continue to eat as healthy as possible:

no dairy
no gluten

but i have decided to add back in a few things that my holistic dr had taken out and things from my intolerance test (as i noticed no difference even after excluding them for months) such as eggs, berries, sweet potatoes,etc.

I am extremely disappointed that these lifestyle changes did not work for me but i'm glad that i gave it a go. At least i won't have to say 'what if'. As many of you may or may not know, i may be restarting my discontinued course of accutane (i will know for sure tomorrow). I know it is not a cure and i know i may be pushing my luck but as a believer in God, i know that i need not worry as he is in control of my health and my life. I guess what i am hoping is that my healthy lifestyle will kick start some positive changes in my skin eventually and that if i do use accutane and follow up with a topical, i can control my acne much better than i've been doing.

On a final note, i want to say thanks to all of you that have PM'd me and just posted words of advice and encouragement without all the judgement.....it means more to me that you'll ever know

Take Care of yourselves and here's to a brighter future and outlook.

Sasch83 says peace out!