Photo

V-Beam Laser In Two Days (Log, Including Pictures)

v beam v-beam laser pdt scarring scar acne redness

5 replies to this topic

#1 PXM1993

PXM1993

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Monday the 13th is the date of my first V-Beam laser treatment, so I thought I'd post this here in case anyone is considering doing the same at some point.

I don't know what to expect, hopefully I can just get this thread around for people to see how it works at least for me.

Attached are photos from 2 days before the treatment.

Attached File  IMG_0015.JPG   97.49K   45 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0014.JPG   87.41K   49 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0013.JPG   97.12K   34 downloads

Edited by PXM1993, 10 February 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#2 ihaveadream

ihaveadream

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

Thank you! I'm looking forward to an update

#3 PXM1993

PXM1993

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Well the treatment is done, I am not totally sure how long it will take for me to recover, I've noticed faint blistering, which is apparently common in high strength laser treatments.

I would rate the treatment as moderately painful, but nothing to cause concern to someone who wants to deal with acne. The annoying part was the massive waiting in between sides of my face, I guess. Far worse is the applying of creams to my ugly face by attractive nurse.

In the two days my face has been extremely red, which is obviously normal, but this will fade in time. I would describe the pain and recovery as identical to severe sunburn, light washing, frequent icing and application of moisturiser to the entire face and antiseptic creams to the blistering areas.

All going well I will be able to take the 'after' photos in 4 or 5 days, and I hope it works, and that this treatment would be a viable treatment for others like me.

Edited by PXM1993, 13 February 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#4 arugula375

arugula375

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

Curious about update too :)

#5 ghillieman24

ghillieman24

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

i want to see some pictures

#6 PXM1993

PXM1993

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Naggy waggers. Well they're on their way.

In the two days following the treatment I was extremely burnt, and following that, very dry and tight, with even limited facial expression possible. This was despite regular application (twice a day) of an oil free moisturiser (Cetaphil).

After this, I experienced dramatic levels of disgusting peeling (ew). This seems to be nearly finished, so I take it that the 'recovery' has about run it's course.

Edit: Removed partial recovery photos, pending the final photos.

It's not quite clear from the iPad camera, but what I've noticed is that now that the redness has receded, 90% of my minor active acne has disappeared, along with very close to 100% of my pinkish/redder marks. The darker red/brownish marks of which I possess in abundance have not been eradicated, but I would say they are a little bit lighter maybe.

That being said, I still have a lot of problems with acne, specifically these darker marks and minor scarring (apparently one patch on my left cheek)

I doubt I can afford the numerous laser treatments recommended so it's off to some holistic remedies for me.

Edited by PXM1993, 19 February 2012 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users