Photo

Make-Up= My Savior!

make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jennifer G

Jennifer G

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

every morning, I look at myself in the mirror and wish I didn't have to apply foundation before going to school.... the reality is that I will not leave my house with all these pimples and scars on my face.

all I have to say is MAKE-UP IS MY SAVIOR!!! It is the only reason I leave my house because my acne has taken away all my self-esteem. Nobody really knows how much it hurts me except for my family... but even them... "it wil go away, just be patient".... I just can't handle it!

Does anybody else feels that without make-up, they just can't be seen in public??? I have grown sooo dependent on it that I just feel sooo ugly without it and when people compliment me I reply "I actually have really bad skin".

p.s: my foundation is Revlon Photo Ready. Hides about 80% of my scars :) thumbs up!!!

Jen :)

#2 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

I completely know how you feel. I don't think my acne is absolutely horrible or anything (it's moderate, and it's mostly just hyperpigmentation which makes it look worse) but without makeup, I don't know what I'd do. I use Make Up For Ever concealer and a little bit of MAC Studio Fix on top, and it hides almost all of my marks, or at least makes them look wayyyy less noticeable. With make up on I usually feel confident (at least until it starts to wear off).

But you have to remember that most girls, even the ones with "perfect" skin, feel the same way. We all feel like we look way worse without makeup on. That's why it's such a booming industry. So, I take comfort in that most girls feel the same way as I do; that without makeup, they wouldn't feel as confident.

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#3 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:13 AM

I used to be like this. I never, ever, ever, ever, EVER thought I'd be able to go without makeup. I even commented in some of the makeup threads that I'd never be able to not use it. Then my acne started clearing up (just the last 4-5 weeks), and it's getting easier for me to go without it. It's still hard though. Yes, I still have the times where I'll fall back into using it, but that's because it was my crutch for so long. I'll wake up and think, oh, my redmarks look horrible...I have to hide them. So I put on the makeup. My family would make comments about my skin, or tell me one side of my face was worse than the other, so I used the makeup. I used it since I was 13, and I'm 20 now. 7 years is a long time. It's hard to break out of old habits especially when you're so dependent on it.

Eventually I do hope I won't have to wear it though...and I'll get to the point that I'll wear it because I want to, and not because I feel like I have to.

^Yes, and I agree with you said. A lot of girls feel that way, it isn't just you, Jennifer. You aren't alone.

Lol, my face is breaking out a ton as of lately, but I'm still trying not to use the makeup as much, so my skin can breathe.

Edited by Vampireninja09, 29 February 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#4 Jlisondra

Jlisondra

misalnya u tidak tahan ketika aku pergi.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

OP, u use revlon photoready? it doesn't accentuate your scars with the light reflecting pigments? man, that's cool. lol

i know what you mean. i go to the gym without makeup, but thats it. i think i look like a corpse, and im betting MANY ppl that kno me wouldn't recognize me if they saw me there. ill b the first to admit that. i've always said this..but i honestly think it's all about you and your preference. i know PLENTY of girls that don't wear makeup on a regular basis. i happen to feel better with makeup on bc i hate my skin. i think it's sad that some girls feel inferior to those with naturally clear skin when they wear makeup. nobody chooses to have acne. nobody should feel bad about wanting to hide it imo. so many of us are all waiting for the day when we can feel comfortable without having to hide our skin. it's so frustrating, and i am glad that makeup will always be an option.
natural is beautiful. but glamour is fun.

#5 taikiz

taikiz

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

I hate hate hate makeup! When I use it, I just feel like such a fake! Yes, I hate the way my skin looks without it, but on the other hand, using makeup would mean, to me, that it's not okay to be imperfect, that I would somehow be ashamed of having acne and PIH. And I've desided that it isn't something anyone should be ashamed of. That's why I totally stopped using makeup. And believe me, I used to be one of those girls, who couldn't even go to my nearest shop without tons of concealer and powder. But once you stop, it's really freeing. It was really hard in the beginning, but nowadays I don't even think about it anymore. And yes, some people have commented on my skin in a negative way, and yes, it hurts every time, but most people still treat me the same.

#6 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Concealer is my saviour! But I don't wear foundation because when I take it off, I completely hate my skin because it tricks me into thinking my skin is good for half of the day and it's hard when I take it off and reality hits me. I can see how after a while you don't wanna leave your house without makeup anymore.
mild acne with redness on my cheeks.
supplements: 50mg zinc, 1000mg vit C, multivit
other: bio probiotic yogurt
regimen: A.M. - uriage roseliane fluid, eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion P.M.- uriage roseliane fluid, Suki white willow toner, eucerin redness relief night creme
spot treatment: witch hazel

#7 12345tiger

12345tiger

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

i think it's sad that some girls feel inferior to those with naturally clear skin when they wear makeup. nobody chooses to have acne. nobody should feel bad about wanting to hide it imo. so many of us are all waiting for the day when we can feel comfortable without having to hide our skin. it's so frustrating, and i am glad that makeup will always be an option.

This Posted Image

Just wear makeup and don't feel bad about wearing it. And also going out without makeup = more stress = more acne !
diet: meat, veggies, fruit, eggs, seeds, beans, lentils, potatoes, cod liver oil, coconut oil, more saturated fats, trying high fat dairy again after "no dairy" year, butter, yogurt, cream, no gluten, no grains, no cheating
supplements: goal: gradually reducing vitamins intake with B5 (only 800mg daily) exception because it is only thing that helps!
sleep: goal: 22 - 06
exercise: walking, ice skating
stress management: meditation, aromatherapy, reading stress, depression related books
topicals: nothing, washing once a day with gentle 5,5 ph cleanser, makeup

status: breaking out every day. Diet/healthy lifestyle (8 months) cured my depression and significantly improved my immune system but for some UNKNOWN reasons did't stop acne at all.

trying "no sex" out of desperation

#8 Jennifer G

Jennifer G

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks to all of you who took the time to share your thoughts!! I was going crazy!!

sometimes I just stand in front of the mirror and I stare at my red marks for minutes just wondering "when the helllll will you go away???". My favorite time of the year is summer because I get to tan and hide most of my scars.... but then when my tan fades away= it's all still there.

i'm trying a combination of baking-soda + water to treat my scars... so far I have seen an improvement. If you girls will like to try it out check out this video:

have a great day! You girls are awesome Posted Image

#9 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

kinda how I feel about my scars
I hate applying makeup, especially since I'm a guy, but it really helps me.

Edited by DainBramaged, 10 February 2012 - 12:37 PM.

meh

#10 Thecursed89

Thecursed89

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

And I thought I was the only one. I hate it too. It's not something i'm proud of and some might see it as being a fraud. I see it as making the most out of a shitty situation. It doesn't really cover up my scars but at least it makes my complexion look even.

Edited by Thecursed89, 26 February 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#11 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hello, fellow Jenny lol :)

I feel the same way.. the only time i ever feel pretty is with makeup on. But ur lucky if makeup can actually make you look clear. My skin is so bad that even if I wear makeup it still looks like I have bad skin.

#12 mini7

mini7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

It's funny, I've never had a problem or qualms about wearing makeup. Even when my skin was better I still wore it because it's available and it makes me feel better and more confident when I go out, so why not use it? I know some women see it as some sort of crutch or like we're cheating but you can say that about almost any product out there from hair spray to creams, to heck nail polish. These products were invented to accentuate our good features and showcase what we've got. So anyone out there still feeling guilty about using make up, don't. Just take advantage that we have it and enjoy your life.

p.s. my sister used to go 'au naturale' but I turned her to the dark side a few years ago. She now wears make up every day.

#13 InAStateOfHopefulness

InAStateOfHopefulness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

BLAH. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to apply makeup. Come on now. This is the 21st century. Fathers are stay at home parents and women are starting to populate primarily male careerss. Do away this archaic mindset please. Sexist societal taboos Posted Image Posted Image

Anyway. sorry for straying from the topic. I enjoy wearing makeup and covering up my scars. It helps me feel more confidet. IDK :|!

Edited by InAStateOfDespair, 29 February 2012 - 09:22 PM.

I used to go by InAStateOfDespair.
-Completed 6 months of Accutane.
-Now taking .05 Tazorac

#14 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

I starting to use mineral make up everyday after I had mild to moderate acne. I have darker skin so I get PIH and my derm told me I needed sunscreen to avoid skin cancer and keep the PIH from getting worse. The make up not only provided sunscreen but improved the tone of my skin and didn't contribute to my breakouts. When I went through a moderate phase (my whole forehead was covered in pimples) only my brother in law noticed I had acne. I helped me through a rough time. My acne is down to a couple pimples at a time but I still get PIH from folliculitis. I use make up everyday but now that it's clearing I'm starting to use facial sunscreen and use the make up to spot conceal. My PIH is fading but the make up gives me peace of mind. So don't feel bad. :)
My Regimen - for Acne and PIH
(Cured Folliculitis! Began regimen 4 weeks ago and 100% clear of acne)

AM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer
Acanya and Cloderm
Neutrogena Body Wash in shower

PM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer
Ziana and Hydrocortisone Valerate

Oral meds: Acticlate (Doxycicline Hyclate)

#15 rayguzzy

rayguzzy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

I know all of you are probably thinking why is this man commenting here ? lol well i actually couldn't go anywhere without make up. I have really really bad acne =/ Went to my derm recently and have been told to completely stop wearing make up cause it could be one of the main causes of my breakouts. Today was my 1st day going out without any make up whatsoever. Went to work and everyone asked me if i was ok ? I was like omg is my face really that bad ? haha. Started wearing makeup when i was around 15 cause i had three pimples.. now i have a face full of acne. It has been really tough but hopefully my face starts clearing up soon !

#16 mm..Brian..

mm..Brian..

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:51 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I have been depending on make up for years now, to cover up my acne. I simply cannot go outside without it, no way, no how. Sometimes I wish I could just because sometimes I'm feeling lazy, but the truth is that I love the creative side of make up as well so I love wearing it regardless of my acne. Win, win!

#17 DainBramaged

DainBramaged

a

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

BLAH. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to apply makeup. Come on now. This is the 21st century. Fathers are stay at home parents and women are starting to populate primarily male careerss. Do away this archaic mindset please. Sexist societal taboos Posted Image Posted Image

Anyway. sorry for straying from the topic. I enjoy wearing makeup and covering up my scars. It helps me feel more confidet. IDK Posted Image!

It's not about sexism, as many people stated, I don't want to wear make-up, I feel fake, I just feel the need to. I don't mind admitting I wear make-up, but it's not like I can say "You know, in the morning I wake up, wash my face, eat my breakfast, apply my make-up and leave home ".
meh