Xout (X-Out) Thread

4 replies to this topic

#1 das32322000

das32322000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Hi, i recently saw the television ad for xout and was wondering if anyone has tried or heard good results for the product (other than on their own website). I'm assuming its a new product since there was no threads made already. I do know its made by the same company that makes proactive, which i find to be a very overrated product.

xout really appeals to me though because the only thing that keeps my face clean is washing it 3-4 times a day with Clean and Clear blackhead remover and continuous control cleanser, and then Daniel Kerns BP cream at night. If i could even cut this i half, it would excite me, but I've learned my lesson about being optimistic about acne products.

If anyone is testing this product out, please keep me up-to-date. Much appreciated.

Derek

#2 jepooley

jepooley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I'm really interested in learning more about this product. There really isn't any user reviews and I don't trust the website. Tell me if you find anything. I'm going to keep looking.

Edited by jepooley, 09 February 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#3 philidias

philidias

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

X-Out (by the makers of Proactiv) contains some unnecessary and potentially harsh ingredients like 8.5% BP, fragrance and dimethicone, which can cause irritation and possibly cause more harm to your skin than good. If you're looking for a better alternative, then use Dan's 2.5% BP.
  • Dimethicone is an ingredient that can "coat the skin, trapping anything beneath it, and do not allow the skin to breathe." "It form a layer on the skin which retains anything and everything beneath it, including impurities, sebum, and bacteria, as well as water." This “barrier” sloughs off as the skin renews itself, requiring frequent application to maintain results. But if it does not entirely come off, then it can clog your pores and cause acne. Dimethicone is listed as an "unacceptable" ingredient in Whole Foods Organic Body Care products standards.
  • Fragrance -"Some fragrances tend to irritate some people, and some do not. Avoid if possible." (Dan)
X-Out 8.5% BP
water (aqua), sodium cocoyl isethionate, glycerin, polyethylene, lauryl/myristyl benzoate, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, menthol, butylene glycol, dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, fragrance (parfum)

Dan's 2.5% BP
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide

From Dan's Guide for BP:
  • Alcohols. Alcohol can tend to dry and strip the skin.
  • High levels of moisturizing ingredients. You want BP to be in a neutral base. Part of why BP works so well is because it is a mild drying and peeling agent. Too much moisturizer in the formula can prevent some of this drying and peeling from taking place. It’s best to give BP the environment it needs to do its job.
  • Other active ingredients. When you start adding in other active ingredients, that means you’re adding in an external variable. We want to get you completely cleared up on The Regimen before adding in any external variables. Once you’re completely clear, you can feel free to add in 1 variable at a time. If you stay clear, you’re good to go. If you break out from the new variable, you’ll know it’s the culprit.
  • Fragrance. Some fragrances tend to irritate some people, and some do not. Avoid if possible.
  • Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Myristal Myristate
  • 10% benzoyl peroxide (BP), 5% benzoyl peroxide (BP)

Edited by philidias, 15 February 2012 - 08:55 PM.

The best things in life are free.

#4 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Oh, its just BP, god all the acne companies are just making different variatians of BP and Salilyc acid, none of them works.

I am going to get serious now, I am now going to halt my sugar intake, just water, and meal.

#5 das32322000

das32322000

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

thanks for the info philidias. 8.5% wouldn't be a big deal to me, as of right now i use 10% after salilyc acid, but I don't like the other ingredients you listed either. I would just like to find a solution that i don't have to leave a cream on my face over night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users