Photo

Annoying Pustule....refilled Twice....scab Now...blackhead Still Inside? Help?!

blackhead pustule scab picked

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ivy.

Ivy.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

So....I had a blackhead on my right cheekbone that slowly grew into a teeny tiny little bump...and it got inflammed one day and grew to the size of a small pimple..then it turned into a inflammed pustule, and I STUPIDLY picked at it because my boyfriend told me to (I should know better).

Anyways I poped it to soon and some of the pus came out but I was gentle with it so I didn't get all of it....I tried to not "push" on the pimple...just wipe the pus away....

anyways I had washed my face after and put benzamycin on it, but I didn't "disinfect" it with anything.

So it refilled afew hours later, and I didn't pop it all yesterday, then last night I washed my face and it was leaking a little...so I accidently broke it....so I said screw it and grabbed one of those extractor tools with the loop and pressed around it, and some pus and blood and clear stuff came out...

it left a gross little bloody hole and was pretty inflammed...so I put hydrogen peroxide and later alcohol on it, then left it for an hour or so, then I put benzamycin on top for the night.

Now, this morning its a tiny little scab but I can still feel it "hurts" a little occasionally, and I don't know if it's INFECTED or if the blackhead is still inside...

Should I assume if it didn't "regrow" last night again into a pustule that I got everything out of the pimple? and why does it still hurt a tiny bit...because of the scab?

I hope it isn't infected...I am very upset because I used to get cysts on my right cheekbone and had very dark hyperpigmentation and it faded very nicely over the last year and now I have this ugly mark on my face from this stupid thing.

advice? :( No idea what to do, if the blackheads still in there wont it just keep growing back?

#2 LizzLemon

LizzLemon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

ugh! that sucks, gal. i feel you pain.
it's hard to know if the blackhead is still in there but i certainly don't think you should go digging for it. that will only make matters worse. i suggest consistent alteration of BP spot treating and Neosporin (or any antibacterial salve). I had one last week and i used BP during the day and Neosporin at night & it improved greatly.
hope it heals up quickly!
Routine
AM - splash of warm water, DKR BP, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin
Makeup - ELF mineral makeup w/ Taklon antibacterial brushes
PM - Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, DKR BP, DKR AHA+, Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for Dry/Sensitive Skin
*Key to success: less picking, more patience*

#3 Rasine

Rasine

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me
  • Interests:Animals, reading, movies.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

Ah, that's the worst, not knowing if you got it all. I've come to see that if I think I haven't gotten it all out, I probably haven't. However, I think you should put a dab of Vaseline on it and cover it with a band aid. I had CSPD for years and Vaseline takes out the redness and creates a perfect moist environment for the wound to heal. Wait for it to heal completely, and then wait for the root to come to the surface. At that point, you should probably be able to put very slight pressure to get it out. Until then, leave it alone and let it heal. Vaseline is my life saver.

Morning:
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleansing Wash
Cetaphil Ultimate Moisturizing Lotion

PanOxyl 10% Benzol Peroxide Wash for chest and back

Night:
Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Cleansing Wash
Cetaphil Ultimate Moisturizing Lotion

Ziana for chest and back daily, face every other day

Vaseline for picked spots

Vitamins/Prescriptions:
Ortho Cyclen

Doxycycline 150 mg

Lexapro 20 mg

"Perfectionism is self-abuse of the highest order."

#4 Lange

Lange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Economics, finance, weight lifting, submission grappling, four wheelin'

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

I hate that--it takes forever to heal too. I haven't found a good way to fix this other than time, but if you find something, lemme know

!!!***~~~Regimen~~~***!!!

**Morning**

Witch Hazel

Paula's Choice BHA at 5%

**Evening**

Paula's Choice Cleanser

Green Cream

#5 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

You won't know if the blackhead is out or not unless it heals completely. If it doesn't it should come out on it's own eventually. I would use Neosporin or Polysporin and leave it alone so it could heal.
My Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser with Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisiturizer

PM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser w/o Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer w/ Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

FOR FOLLICULITIS & ECZEMA
Triamcimolone as needed
Ketoconazole 2% Cream (spot treatment only) twice daily
Clarifoam once daily
Noble Soap everytime I shower

PHASING OUT
Differin 0.3% (spot treatment only)

#6 RedPatrick

RedPatrick

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

You won't know if the blackhead is out or not unless it heals completely. If it doesn't it should come out on it's own eventually. I would use Neosporin or Polysporin and leave it alone so it could heal.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users