2 replies to this topic

#1 Randomstuffs261

Randomstuffs261

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

Hey everybody
I recently found out that oatmeal significantly clears up my skin. However, anybody else who has used oatmeal before will know that it is very messy. It clogs the sink, sometimes a piece of it gets left in my hair and later on somebody embarrassingly points it out Posted Image
It is also quite impractical for everyday use as sometimes i just cant be bothered to use it at 7am before school when im half awake.

I need an alternative to oatmeal, anything natural really as i have SENSITIVE SKIN and suffer from prominent redness.

Any suggestions would make me happy Posted Image

Thankyou <3

#2 Vanbelle

Vanbelle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Oatmeal is pretty unique in manual exfoliating ability, softness, saponin content, anti-inflammatory ability, etc.

Here's the best solution I have for you: Ask your mom for cheese cloth. It's a simple cloth you can put over the sink, so when you rinse your face it'll collect the oatmeal. Then just fold it up and throw it away.

Back when I used oatmeal, it took me a while to realize I had to work around the messy hair situation, as you mentioned. It seems that the all-powerful shower helped me. Basically, try to incorporate washing your hair in the shower after cleansing as a regular hygiene ritual.

Basically the cheesecloth to collect the mess in the sink, and the shower to get the mess out of the hair. Make sure you wash your face with just a towel on (so it doesn't drip all over your clothes and what not).

Make sense? It is possible to use oatmeal and not be frustrated! You just have to take the mess for what it is. Let your hair get jacked up--and then hop in the shower and rinse off for 2 minutes.

Good luck!

Edited by Vanbelle, 09 February 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#3 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

Here's the best solution I have for you: Ask your mom for cheese cloth. It's a simple cloth you can put over the sink, so when you rinse your face it'll collect the oatmeal. Then just fold it up and throw it away.

This is what I do. Then no mess. Or the other way to do it is to soak the oats in warm water in a jug or teapot, then when the liquid is milky pour the liquid into your basin/bath through a tea strainer. That way you get the goodness in the water and use that to wash with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users