Photo

30 Year Old Male Taking The Accutane Plunge...

accutane claravis 40mg

This topic is archived.
22 replies to this topic

#21 JPLSU1981

JPLSU1981

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:LSU football and college football, movies/TV, dogs, gambling, family

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Day 78

I'm about midway through Month 3, which is the first month I have been on 80mg/day. Doc says I'll be on 80mg the rest of the way, likely for 4 more months (7 months in total). I haven't had any serious breakouts, but I certainly haven't been acne free. There are times when I'm almost completely clear and I think WOW, but then I'll have a little breakout that brings me back to Earth. I seem to get more under-the-skin whiteheads than I did pre-Accutane, and honestly the only thing preventing me from having nice skin is myself...I tend to cause my own demise sometimes when I start picking at my skin and going after basically nothing-spots and turning them into big red/dry spots. The majority of the whiteheads I am getting are on my cheeks, which was not a problem-area Pre-Accutane. I think psychologically while I'm on accutane I'm expecting perfect skin and so when I see one little spot I go after it and make something where there was nothing and in the process I'll find one or two other nothing spots and go after those...I'm trying to prevent myself from doing that...trying not to "inspect" my face as often in close proximity to a mirror. Doc says that I'll probably be completely clear by Month4 and beyond, but also said not to get discouraged if I have an occasional break-out.

I am beginning to notice dryness in places that weren't dry in the first two months. Neck area, back of neck below hair line, Arms/Legs. My arms have been the most bothersome, only because it looks weird...dry/scaley/red....but it goes away if I moisturize my arms, but moisturizing my arms is not something I do daily.

I go to the Derm next week for 3month checkup/bloodwork...I'll also post some progress pics next week.

In other news, I've also been dieting while on Accutane...thought it was a good thing to do concurrently...I've lost 28 lbs so far since starting Accutane just watching what I eat, etc....Hopefully by the end of this Accutane journey I'll be slim and trim and Acne-free!

Edited by JPLSU1981, 23 April 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#22 wmd1234

wmd1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I've been following your log since the beginning and I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Good job losing all that weight, that's pretty impressive. I've noticed that my arms get really dry too. I've had to start moisturizing them everyday which is weird for me, but if I don't I'll break out in a rash. Keep chugging along and stop looking in the mirror so much!

#23 JPLSU1981

JPLSU1981

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:LSU football and college football, movies/TV, dogs, gambling, family

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Day 150

Ok, about to start month6....only two months to go!

I am amazed at the results thus far.....Month5 was basically blemish-free. Also, I believe that my dryness has plateau'd...My face is not nearly as dry/flaky as it was in the first couple months. I am still moisturizing twice daily, though.

Through five months, I am very happy with Accutane. I hope this clear face continues in the final months and beyond.