Photo

:'( Help (Pictures)

acne scars marks redness vitamin e

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 ihatemyskin94

ihatemyskin94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

Acne has deffinetly affected me emotionally. It use to be much worse but now its under control because of strict diet and the right products.
But now im left with these marks/scars, i dont even know. Not to mention i had 3 cyst on my left cheek which i have recovered from but left a bad scar.
Here are a few pictures:

http://i42.tinypic.com/28bcw9e.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/vqpgko.jpg

Does anybody recommend i use anything? Iv been reading that vitamin e can help with these (gel from the capsules)
I think it looks worse in this picture than in person because that was under flourescent lighting, but whatever

#2 MariaBo

MariaBo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

Acne is certainly not easy on the emotions. I know how you feel. I'm glad you got yours under control though! And things are surely looking up. I might not be able to give you the best advice compared to others on this site but one thing you could try is pure lavender essential oil. This has really helped me with healing dark marks and inflammation of cysts. I use it directly but some would recommend diluting it with water or olive oil or coconut oil. You can get it at most health food or whole food stores I should think. People have also said great things about manuka honey masks to reduce redness and even out the skin tone. I think that it wouldn't hurt to try vitamin e either! I haven't tried vitamin e but I think I will soon too. Do you take any vitamins or supplements? From your pictures I think you are doing pretty darn good and things are going to get better!

#3 ihatemyskin94

ihatemyskin94

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Thanx for the reply! ill definetly look into those products, i dont take any supplements except fish oil, i just changed my diet completely, by eating fruits, vegetables, organic fish and meat and lots of water and it helped, now i just have a few scars and mostly red marks which suck Posted Image .. ill occasionally break out if i eat something outside of my diet.

#4 Coppedsynergy999

Coppedsynergy999

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

If you want to fix up that skintone one word. FINACEA

#5 Aimlessness

Aimlessness

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Posted Image Cheer up man... you no longer have acne. It doesnt look so bad, people probably dont notice them as much as you would think.

#6 Acnepolis

Acnepolis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hey!
Sorry to say but any topical isn't going to do much to scarring. Retinoid products like retin-A are one of the few that has a proven effect. Vitamin e has been proven not to do much anything but for some reason these believes on some products keep living... Chemical peels are the only thing I can recommend as home treatment from own experience. Very mild ones with no downtime can help with skin tone - stronger ones may make scarring slightly better with repeated use. You mustn't overdo them though.. let the skin rest between treatments if you decide to try them.
Another option is of course to visit a dermatologist and ask about laser treatments.. ablative co2 lasers can be pretty good at treating scarring. I just don't know if that's worth the cost with your scarring as it isn't so bad - you decide that.

Good luck dude :) One thing I can always recommend is to avoid thinking of your scars and enjoy life :P but I know that's not always so easily done.

#7 Thatusernameisalreadytaken

Thatusernameisalreadytaken

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

How are you getting on ? Have you tried anything?

#8 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'm glad someone mentioned lavender oil Posted Image I ordered mine like 2 days ago. I might mix it with jojoba oil and apply on red marks area or just use it by itself sometimes.
I also want to try turmeric powder with jojoba oil and apply on affected area. I can't wait to try these things and see what works for my skin. So far, aloe vera is doing a good job, but I want to try more things. I also want to try sweet almond oil to use just on my body. ^^;; I ran out of money, so I couldn't order it even though it is cheap, but I am broke Posted Image I like jojoba oil better than coconut oil 'cause extra-virgin coconut oil makes my skin greasy.

Also, to the person who started this, I am sure sure that you fix those scars, but wait 'till you don't break out anymore. I can see that you had it very bad. I know the feeling ! Once those red marks fades, your skin will look better. Keep eating healthy (lots of veggies.fruits) for healthy looking skin.
YOu should do research how to treat your red marks and scars naturally.

Edited by EddieE, 18 June 2012 - 07:35 AM.