Photo

What Should I Do? [Pics]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

So, I use this thing called the hair off facial hair buffer to remove my upper lip hair. Well, i don't use it anymore because it turned the skin on my upper lip a dark brown and patchy. This happened about a week ago. And I stopped using it, and I've been using lemon juice and ambi fade cream on the spot for about 5 days. I just reallly really really need this spot gone soon because it's super embarassing and looks like a moustache. it doesn't look permanent, but what can i do to get rid of it? preferably in the next month or so.

Picture:

http://i40.tinypic.com/f9ic82.jpg

it's directly under my nose. it's not a shadow; that's the patch!

#2 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

That looks like a contusion or burn mark. At this point there really isn't anything you can do to make it heal faster. It will take time to heal.

#3 Serpent

Serpent

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

You could try asking your doctor for Retin-A gel it helps to fade dark spots/marks etc

#4 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

I've been using lemon juice for 2 weeks now, and it's working great! I also used ambi fade cream (which has hydroquinine and aha's) for about a week, but it would make it even more dark! So i just use lemon now

#5 scarface1

scarface1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:07 AM

A product with hydroquinine in it ruined my skin in the past. Made my hyperpigmentation darker and inflammed my skin. I've been using products from skin biology that have been working wonders on my pigmentation issues. Their copper peptides have helped fade some spots considerably and I like using their product called squalane, as it is a very good moisturizer and I think it has helped speed up some of the healing process as well. These are products you can get elsewhere too, but I get mine from skin biology. If the lemon juice is working well for you, then you can always stick with that. I'd suggest keeping the area well moisturized as well, as I've found that dry skin doesn't seem to want to heal as well.

#6 Henry Gilbert

Henry Gilbert

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Natural every thing is good. I just support to use.

#7 Hi Its Me John

Hi Its Me John

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I try to avoid putting creams on my face since I have a lot of facial hair..but I guess to each their own?

#8 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hey the EXACT same thing happened to me, only on one corner of my lip, not above. I think it was from using a dull razor that nicked me and then ended up in infection. My mark is dark too. I'm relieved to see that you're having progress with lemon juice. I'd like to fade this as much as possible before I go back to school in a month. did lemon juice irritate the spot at all for you? I tried using Hydroquinone 2% on mine but all it did was make it irritated/darker.