Photo

Acne.org Product Guide 101

aha alpha hydroxy acid oily skin glycolic acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

Disclaimer: Everything that I am about to talk about is from my personal experience with the products. I am currently on the regimen and will continue to be. It has been over a year and I wanted to share some tips, tricks and my overall review of the products provided by the Acne.org site. This post is not to be taken as pure fact, all of it is personal to myself and from my experiences. Feel free to share your personal experiences, but please do not turn this 'guide' into a bias debate thread. I will try to update and add more to this in time but for now...Thanks and enjoy the read!

Table of Contents
0.Buyers Guide
1.Cleanser
2.Treatment
3.Moisturizer
4.Jojoba Oil
5.AHA+
6.Tips & Tricks
7.Review
8.About Me

0. Buyers Guide
If you are skeptical of the system I recommend that you buy the 'Regimen Kit Plus' for the first time. It lasts for about 2 months. The BP is in a tube which makes the building up process very easy. Use your fingers as a guide and before you know it you'll be at two full pumps in no time. You also get the Jojoba Oil in this pack. This stuff will last you a very long time. I still have the one from my original purchase and I'm not even at the half way mark with it. The AHA+ that comes with it should only be used as a spot treatment at first. Wait about 2-3 months before you try a full application of it (Check Tips & Tricks section).
Regimen Kit Plus Link: http://www.danielker.../kit-8-plus.htm

Once you know that you like the products, it's a good idea to bump it up to the pumps. I like getting the 'Big Kit' because it all runs out around the same time. Everything is two full pumps and works very well. You should notice a difference in your skin by now. Even if you don't still keep at it. My skin started to clear after about 3 months. Everyones skin is different. Give it time and don't add other products outside of the regimen at first. SPF is a must though. (Check Tips & Tricks section)
Big Kit Link: http://www.danielker...ct-p/kit-16.htm

1. Cleanser
The cleanser is very nice. It's light weight on the face and it foams up very fast and stays that way. I like that it doesn't have a strong scent. It goes on very smooth and doesn't irritate my skin. It really does make the skin feel clean and soft. Some products will have a feeling of losing it's cleaning power. This product really stays very consistent. I only use 2 full pumps morning and night.
Cleanser Link: http://www.danielker.../cleanser-8.htm

2. Treatment
The benzoyl peroxide treatment that Acne.org provides is the best that I have tried in a very long time, even better than the one that I get from my doctor. It has a very smooth gel texture that helps it to soak in fast. Building up to the proper amount was very easy and now that I am at a full two pumps I can say that it has become a breeze to apply. It doesn't weigh heavy on the face and it doesn't make the skin shine. Building up to the full 2 pumps was easy and I just apply it morning and night after my cleanser.
Treatment Link: http://www.danielker...treatment-8.htm

3. Moisturizer
This stuff has been very good to me. Most of the time when I moisturize my skin it will become very shiny and oily. The moisturizer is very smooth and light weight. It soaks in fast and keeps my skin soft all day. It has a slight scent to it, but it's not a perfume scent which is very nice. For this I apply it both morning and night with 2 full pumps. Check the Tips & Trick section to hear how I apply it to minimize the dryness and flakes.
Moisturizer Link: http://www.danielker...isturizer-8.htm

4. Jojoba Oil
When I first started using the Jojoba Oil I would add it to my moisturizer and it seemed like it would make my skin breakout. I took it out of my regimen and things have been fine for me. I know that all people don't experience this reaction, but I still use it on my lips as a balm. Just one or two drops on my fingers then wipe over the lips. Shiny and soft lips. Check the Tips & Tricks for other uses and lip tricks.
Jojoba Oil Link: http://www.danielker...-p/jojoba-8.htm

5. AHA+ Alpha Hydroxy Acid + Licochalcone
I am in love with this product. At first I didn't know how to use it because it was tough to find the information. I eventually just made up a way to use it and it seems to be just fine. I'll add the different methods of use in the Tips & Tricks section. I honestly believe that this product was the cause of my clear skin. I can't imagine not having it. It's very smooth and light weight. It doesn't feel sticky or anything like that. It does however have a slight sting when applied that makes you want to scratch your face. That only lasts for a few minutes and then is gone.
AHA+ Link: http://www.danielker...uct-p/aha-6.htm

6. Tips & Tricks

~~~~~Moisturizer Tips & Ticks
If you notice that your skin is dry and flaky at times try this. I like to apply one pump of the moisturizer first. Let it set into the skin and then apply the second full pump. Doing this will allow the product more time to absorb into your skin. Also, when you are applying the product, make faces. Smile very big, yawn or puff your cheeks out. This will move the skin and 'stretch' the skin to let the moisturizer get into the dry areas without causing you to pull on the skin with your fingers. It's gentle and you will notice a difference.

~~~~~Jojoba Oil Tips & Tricks
I've found a few fun uses for this stuff. Lip balm being one. Try taking a tsp of salt and a half tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and applying it to your lips. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so and then scrub off. Your lips should feel smooth and soft. Apply the Jojoba Oil after and your loved one will notice the difference in your newly soft lips. The oil can even be used on it's own as a facial mask. Gently wipe ten or so drops over your face for a few minutes. Let sit for 10-15 minutes then hop in the shower. You should notice that your face feels soft and hydrated after this.

~~~~~AHA+ Tips and Trick
First things first, spot treatment. AHA+ works in a similar way that a salicylic acid spot treatment would. Just a dab and then it'll help to reduce a zit. Personally, I didn't like to use it like that. Another thing you might want to try is replacing your night time moisturizer with the AHA+. Start off small like you would with the BP Treatment and build it up. I currently use three full finger lengths every night. If you have sensitive skin I would say that you only use that 2-3 nights a week. I also like to use this on my body over the BP treatment. It's lighter than the BP and soaks in very fast. Again, build up like you do with the BP.

~~~~~SPF
This stuff is very important to your regimen. You want to make sure that you find something that will protect your skin. Personally I like to use Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 from Murad. It's light weight and works very well for me. I take a small pea size amount and rub it on my finger tips. Then I will gently pat it onto my face. I've found that when I pat it on versus wiping it on, it lasts longer and really reduces the oil for a longer period of time. A lot of users talk about Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin SPF 15. I liked using this product, but I switched because of the mattifier in the Murad.
Olay Link: http://www.olay.com/...ctline=Complete
Murad Link: http://www.murad.com...fier-spf-15.jsp

~~~~~Popped Zit?
Sometimes a zit will pop on it's own or you have been touching your face when you know that you shouldn't have. I've found that Aloe Vera is the perfect thing to put on an open sore or popped zit. Take a Q-tip and put a little Aloe Vera on the end. Dab it onto the open sore and make sure it's a glob. Don't rub it in, let the little glob sit and work it's magic. It normally has a little sting to it, but it'll heal the area very fast.
Aloe Vera Gel Link: http://www.gnc.com/p...oductId=4468905

~~~~~Neat Eye Trick
When I first started the Regimen, I would notice that my eye area would get really dry and hurt. After time it went away, but it still had the dryness and flakeing. Try this little trick if you have the same issue. After you cleanse and pat your face dry, take this time to add 1-2 drops of eye drops. I personally like the Refresh Optive Drops. Wait for a few minutes and then add an eye cream. When you shop for an eye cream, try to look for something that will soak in fast and that isn't oily. I like the Clinique All About Eyes Cream. Then you want to wait a good 5 minutes before you add your BP Treatment. Adding these two items to my Regimen has really saved my eyes. They never burn, itch or have the dry flakeing skin, like in the past. Also, take note that I apply my BP Treatment around my eyes in the shape of Aviador glasses. So I avoid a large area around my eyes.
Refresh & Clinique Links: To be added later. (Too tired...lol)

7. Review
Overall I give the system a solid 10 out of 10. I have used a ton of methods and products over a long period of time and this one really worked. Being gentle and consistent was the real keys. I've had a very nice experience with customer service and overall community with Acne.org. I would highly recommend this regimen to others and I have.

8. About Me
I'm currently 24 and have had acne since I was in Middle School. I have very oily skin that likes to breakout for no reason. I would get painful acne that left scars. Huge pores on my nose that were always clogged and gross. Just a very low self esteem. After using Acne.org products and the regimen system I am 99% clear and having the time of my life. I don't worry about my skin. I know that it's clear and I can just really be myself. My family and friends have noticed the changes with my skin and personality. It's really great to have clear skin.

Edit:
Feb.5th 2012
~Fixed spelling and grammer.
~Added more to Tips & Tricks section.
Feb.9th 2012
~Added to Tips & Tricks
~Added more text and changed a few things.
Mar.12th 2012
~Cleaned up the look.

Coming Soon:
~Test Section
~More links and overall information.

Edited by Chococrit, 12 March 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#2 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Wonderful tips! Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of that out. I'm sure others will find it very helpful! :)

We're all in this together.

#3 angelicamarie

angelicamarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Awesome thank you for the tips! I just started the back regime and I have slight to moderate back acne. I've been dealing with this for the past 7 years. So, I'm impatient and used 2.5% BP after the cleanser and then AHA. It's been 3 or 4 days since day 1 and today I noticed my back was peeling and a red rash has appeared. Is this normal? I've stopped using the BP tonight. Only used AHA. Maybe I overdid it?

#4 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Awesome thank you for the tips! I just started the back regime and I have slight to moderate back acne. I've been dealing with this for the past 7 years. So, I'm impatient and used 2.5% BP after the cleanser and then AHA. It's been 3 or 4 days since day 1 and today I noticed my back was peeling and a red rash has appeared. Is this normal? I've stopped using the BP tonight. Only used AHA. Maybe I overdid it?

The skin on your back isn't used to the BP treatment. So it's a normal skin reaction to have dry, flaky and even a redness. When I think of rash, it makes it sound more of a growing itchy and patchiness. If it's a rash then stop everything and let it heal on it's own. But if it's just a normal reaction then I would just keep it simple.

Cleanse and then pat dry. Apply AHA+ at night to the areas that have acne. Make sure it's a very thin layer, you want it to soak in and not over do it. In the mornings, you can Cleanse and then apply some moisturizer. You should notice a little sting and redness. After awhile you should notice a difference. I used to have acne on my shoulders and upper back. I did just what I suggested and now I'm 100% clear on my back.

#5 angelicamarie

angelicamarie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

Ahh, well I've been slathering AHA on because that's what Dan was doing in the video. Day and night. So you only applied it at night? Maybe that's what I need to do. What moisturizer do you use? I just ordered his face regime yesterday so when that gets in I'll use his moisturizer. Here's a picture of my back that I just took..what do you think?
Photo on 2012-02-05 at 22.32.jpg

#6 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

Ahh, well I've been slathering AHA on because that's what Dan was doing in the video. Day and night. So you only applied it at night? Maybe that's what I need to do. What moisturizer do you use? I just ordered his face regime yesterday so when that gets in I'll use his moisturizer. Here's a picture of my back that I just took..what do you think?

That doesn't look too bad. There isn't a difference in the face and back regimen products. I used the Acne.org products. AHA+ and the Moisturizer that came with it. Just make sure you stay away from white shirts because I noticed that it would get a slight yellowish tent after I would sweat. I personally only used it at night. I tried to use it in the day time and it would get itchy under my shirt. But when I moisturized it seemed to be okay. Do a little trial and error for a bit. I can only say what I did and it worked for me.

#7 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

Great post Chococrit.

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#8 Chococrit

Chococrit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

This topic is a lot to read, so I'll go through it this week and try to make is easier to navigate through.

If you have anything you'd like to share, please feel free to add it or message me! =]

#9 FatBatKiller

FatBatKiller

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Great post, man!

stoked it all worked out for you!!

cheers to beating acne, haha!
Stay Positive.

#10 Rubberducky__007

Rubberducky__007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Great post, thank you! I just posted about my first experience with AHA and I think I may have added it in too soon (been on the regimen almost a month). I applied a thin layer to my whole face last night and work up this morning to a red mask around my mouth, and only my mouth. I figured it would fade over the day but it did not - - it looks exactly the same this evening. I think I will either not use it for a couple more months, or add a little to the moisturizer and try again in a few days.

#11 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Wow, what a complete, thoughtful, helpful post. Thanks!

#12 zy840227

zy840227

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Thank you so much for the tips!~