3 replies to this topic

#1 NotsoClear

NotsoClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

Background Info (Skip if you like):

I have oily skin that is dry at the same time Posted Image . I wash my face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser day and night. In between I wash my face with just water when I take a shower or exercise. I started using Retin-A a couple of so my skin is more flaky but the cream I'm using takes it away. I'm using the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, but it makes my skin VERY VERY VERY VERY greasy! I love how it's really moisturizing but I don't like the greasiness. I can literally swipe my finger on my forehead and see the shininess on my finger. NOT GOOD when I'm wearing foundation Posted Image . If I don't use a moisturizing moisturizer my skin feels dehydrated and looks cracked. Not good for when I wearing foundation either.

Product List:

-Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Cream
-Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Lotion
Cerave Moisturizers:
-Cerave Moisturizing Cream
-Cerave Moisturizing Lotion
-Cerave Moisturizing Lotion AM
-Cerave Moisturizing Lotion PM

BQ: Should I wash my face with my cleanser when I exercise or take a shower?

#2 SLSL

SLSL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Complex 15 Therapeutic Face Cream alllll the way! I wrote a review on Makeupalley as to why, so I'll just copy and paste it here. :) ---

My HG moisturizer!!! I have been using this continuously for about a year now, throughout both summer and winter. Using this for that long is saying a lot from me, considering I have tried about 30 other (no joke) moisturizers before this one! It's the ONLY moisturizer that doesn't irritate or break out my acne-prone skin AND actually moisturizes. I have combination/dry and very clog-prone skin for reference. Being clog-prone, I was off-put by the 'cream' in the name... but it's really not like a cream at all. It's more like a lotion, a little watery, but honestly, surprisingly moisturizing! It doesn't leave my face feeling oily nor dry, just perfect. You can just tell the difference in my skin if I happen to skip this moisturizer, it looks a little ruddy.
This is what the box says:
"Formulated for mild to severe dry skin with a system modeled from nature. It contains lecithin, a phospholipid water-binding agent found naturally in the skin. Each phospholipid molecule holds 15 molecules of water, restoring the natural moisture balance.
- Nongreasy and absorbs quickly
- Unscented, contains no parabens, lanolin or mineral oil
- Proven to be hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic"
It's amazing, especially for the price. If you have tried many moisturizers and are just not satisfied, I definitely recommend this one! I have to order online but it's certainly worth it. I hope they never discontinue this product!

And I wash my face (actually I just wipe it down with my toner - Dickinson's Witch Hazel) before working out so it's not clogged up and my body can sweat the toxins out of my pores effeciently. Then I take a shower.

#3 Howard2011Accutane

Howard2011Accutane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Neither.

Go with dial bionutrient lotion. The pink label. "extra dry skin" heres the secret.

Wash your face with regular dove soap. Key soap, dove. No scented soaps. Lather it in, let it soak in for about 20-30 seconds. rinse off. Then moisture with lotion. Then grab an oil absorbant sheet to wipe off excess moisture. Then your good to go.

Ps, you don't need to spend ridiculous amounts of money to have good skin. Its how you apply them to you. I was told by derms that I need to buy cetaphil. So i went my own way.

Edited by Howard2011Accutane, 05 February 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#4 NotsoClear

NotsoClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I decided to buy Complex 15 for now, but I couldn't find it in stores, so I will be ordering online. @SLSL I think I saw your review on MUA while looking for moisturizer choices haha. It makes sense to wash your face before, maybe I'll start doing that since my face is a greaseball by the time I excersice.
@Howard2011Accutane my skin was better back when I used a soap, but then again it did have acne medication. I will think about buying that Dial soap when I'm out of my face wash.
I actually just saw that my mom has some of that Dial lotion in the beathroom cabient, so I'm going to be using it until my order that I placed yesterday arrives (how I wish I saw it yesterday if I start liking it). It feels silky on my skin and when I put it on it didn't leave me oily so far (I have to see how it wears all day). It moistrizes fairly good, not as much as Cetaphil, but Cetaphil is a REALLY thick cream.

Edited by NotsoClear, 07 February 2012 - 11:02 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users