vision glasses shower mirror

3 replies to this topic

#1 AceEpidermis

AceEpidermis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

I've been trying to break an irritating habit recently. I wear glasses; without them my vision is acceptable, but I lack the ability to see fine detail. I digress... As one commonly does before they shower I remove my clothing and spectacles. One refreshing shower later I exit the shower, dry off and look in the mirror...

"Hey", I think to myself, "My skin is looking a heck of a lot better! Maybe <treatment here> IS working". I begin to exude confidence and feel 70-80% better about myself. Annnnnd then I put on my glasses and realize any improvement was merely a symptom of my poor vision. At that point my enthusiasm bottoms out.

It's a daily cycle of false hope that never fails to lift me up only to moments later drop my spirits down a ravine. I've been trying to condition myself to not put stock in what I see post-bathing, but I think the true moral of the story is that I should never wear my glasses, ha. :P

Edited by AceEpidermis, 04 February 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#2 Ilovemesomevanity

Ilovemesomevanity

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

HAHAHAA thats just like me every morning. i have horrible vision, so when i wake up i think "my skins perfect!!!!" and then i run closer to the mirror and get slapped in the face by reality. aaand then i put my contacts in and kind of just deal with it

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

#3 Daphnis

Daphnis

C'mon get happy.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 25
About Me
  • Interests:photography

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

That freedom and confidence you speak of is exactly what I feel when I remove my contacts/glasses.

That confident is so awesome that I don't even worry about my skin. I wish I can make do without the corrected vision, but I really need my glasses/contacts because without them, I can't get around Posted Image
"Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all." - Michael Masser

#4 AceEpidermis

AceEpidermis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

That freedom and confidence you speak of is exactly what I feel when I remove my contacts/glasses.

That confident is so awesome that I don't even worry about my skin. I wish I can make do without the corrected vision, but I really need my glasses/contacts because without them, I can't get around Posted Image

My eyes aren't terrible without my glasses, but they definitely help. Sadly, what I failed to understand as a child was that the glasses I had been prescribed by my optometrist were corrective. Oh well, live and learn... And then save up for laser eye surgery. Ha! :P

I've actually been sticking to my glasses recently because of a secondary skin problem, the dark circles under my eyes. They've become especially dark in recent months, more so than the average. I'm hoping to find a remedy to solve that problem, in addition to my myriad of acne issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users