Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Irritating Habit...

4 posts in this topic

I've been trying to break an irritating habit recently. I wear glasses; without them my vision is acceptable, but I lack the ability to see fine detail. I digress... As one commonly does before they shower I remove my clothing and spectacles. One refreshing shower later I exit the shower, dry off and look in the mirror...

"Hey", I think to myself, "My skin is looking a heck of a lot better! Maybe <treatment here> IS working". I begin to exude confidence and feel 70-80% better about myself. Annnnnd then I put on my glasses and realize any improvement was merely a symptom of my poor vision. At that point my enthusiasm bottoms out.

It's a daily cycle of false hope that never fails to lift me up only to moments later drop my spirits down a ravine. I've been trying to condition myself to not put stock in what I see post-bathing, but I think the true moral of the story is that I should never wear my glasses, ha. :P

HAHAHAA thats just like me every morning. i have horrible vision, so when i wake up i think "my skins perfect!!!!" and then i run closer to the mirror and get slapped in the face by reality. aaand then i put my contacts in and kind of just deal with it

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

That freedom and confidence you speak of is exactly what I feel when I remove my contacts/glasses.

That confident is so awesome that I don't even worry about my skin. I wish I can make do without the corrected vision, but I really need my glasses/contacts because without them, I can't get around confused.gif

1 person likes this

"Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all." - Michael Masser

That freedom and confidence you speak of is exactly what I feel when I remove my contacts/glasses.

That confident is so awesome that I don't even worry about my skin. I wish I can make do without the corrected vision, but I really need my glasses/contacts because without them, I can't get around confused.gif