Photo

How Do The Acne.org Products Work For People With Skin Sensitivities/allergies?

allergies allergic sensitive sensitivities acne.org

3 replies to this topic

#1 Vanessa Chris Nielson

Vanessa Chris Nielson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hello. I was wondering if anyone on here who has tried the Acne.org products has sensitive and/or allergy prone skin? And if so, what is your experience with the product?

I have skin allergies that tend to result in red, itchy rashes and hives when I use anything that isn't hypoallergenic. I've been using hypoallergenic neutrogena products for the last year with decent success and recently purchased their on-the-spot treatment (which is not hypoallergenic) as a tester before seriously considering the acne.org products. I've been using the spot treatment for over a month now on the regime listed in this website and it has left me clearer than I've been in years. Unfortunately it has also left a recurring flaky/itchy rash on one side of my face, and since I can't seem to get the rash to go away permanently it looks like I am going to have to discontinue use of Neutrogena's spot treatment.

I am considering buying the Acne.org Regimen Kit Plus but wanted to get some more info before making such a hefty purchase. I did read that the products are fragrance free and non-comodegenic, which is very helpful, but without more info from people with similar skin problems I am having a difficult time making a decision about the purchase.

Edited by Vanessa Chris Nielson, 03 February 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#2 AyeAye

AyeAye

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 30
About Me
  • Interests:Boxing, cycling, reading, learning to speak french (tres mal), public speaking, bush walking/hiking, chocolate - well actually food in general, and perfect skin.... gazing admiringly at people's perfect skin.

Achievements

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hi Vanessa, I'm afraid I can't help you with the alergy part of your question as I don't have any skin allergies, but I can tell you that a red itchy rash-like symptom is quite a normal reaction to BP in the early stages. Usually it means that you've used too much BP too early before your skin is used to it. It could also be caused (in your case) by an allergic reaction. Im helpful huh? ;)

After remaining clear for around 1.5 years following DKR (The Regimen), in March 2013 I decided to change to Epiduo.  I use a pea size amount of epiduo each night, followed by a layer of topical antibiotic (Eryacne). I also apply Eryacne every morning and moisturise twice a day. After switching to Epiduo from the regimen I found that it took a good 3 months to get back to being perfectly clear again and now I might get one small pimple appear per month.  I can live with that smile.png

I started following Dan's Regimen in September 2011 after suffering with acne for 20 years or so. I followed the Regimen instructions exactly and became 100% clear within 9-11 weeks. In December 2011 and after being consistently clear for over a month, I started to slowly reduce the amount of BP I used until I was only applying BP at night. My skin still remained clear however I sometimes switched to applying BP twice a day for a few days (perhaps once a month) if I felt a few under skin bumps starting to come up. I used acne.org products (including AHA and jojoba oil) and sometimes cetaphil moisturiser at night if I felt my skin was especially dry.  In the gallery I show my week by week progress following the regimen.

#3 tricky

tricky

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

I have very sensitive skin, and need to be very careful what i put on it.... and Dans BP product is ok for me (haven't tried any other of his products though, as I'm from the UK and postage costs are expensive).

Everyone is different however, so best thing is to try it on a small area first (even on your arm or something).

As mentioned above, BP does cause flaky/itchy skin if you use too much of it without first letting your skin get accustomed to it..Follow Dans advice and only use a pea sized amount to begin with. your skin will get used to it and you can then start to slowly increase the dosage. The great thing about Dans BP product is that it is very watery/thin, so a small amount can easily be spread around your entire face.

Hope this helps.

Edited by tricky, 28 September 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#4 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Instructions for sensitive skin. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#sensitive

Unless you have an allergy to a specific ingredient, you should be ok if you go very slowly with it. Jojoba oil is also very soothing to the skin if your skin tends to get red and irritated. It can really make a big difference when used with The Regimen.

We're all in this together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users