Back Acne!

6 replies to this topic

#1 xxamyh

xxamyh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl and very embarrassed about my back acne. So for the past couple of months I started breaking out and getting black & white heads on my back. I honestly don't know why I got them, I'm a clean person. I shower everyday and I use the Neutrogena Body Clear Scrub for my back. But honestly, when I used the scrub, I think it made the acne worse. Anyways, at the end of December, I went to the dermatologist with my mom. He recommended me to use ZIANA. I've been using that for a little bit more than a month after I shower, and I'm not seeing much improvement. My back gets really itchy and dry, and it seems like I've been getting more red spots on my back. Lately, I've been noticing a large, red patch on my upper back and near shoulder. Every time I would use moisturizer, it would sting and burn and get even more irritated & than it already is. Is this normal? I think ZIANA is too strong for my skin type..I really want to get rid of this acne before summer starts, can I get some advice or anything? ):

Edited by xxamyh, 03 February 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#2 Dreamlify

Dreamlify

WishToBeClear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

I guess not evrytime whatever a doctor suggested would be the best correct thing you know?
maybe you could try another doctor cos this current one apparently did not give you option (medicne) base on your needs.
rather he ight just gave you something without address your skin is dry as well.

it could be oily skin that cos acne.
but dry skin that are too dry are prone to infections as well due to small cracks etc.

so i suggest you could forgo your cream now altogether.
it may be too harsh.
even it's not, but over time strong chemical do deteriorate your skin over time.
dont risk it.

Try something natural like apple cider vinegar.
Research on that.

maybe you want try aloe vera to smooth and heal your skin.
find some water base moisturiser as well.

pm me if you need :)

dont be discourage.
slowly we may get there (:
[sig-img:580]

People says beauty is only skin deep,
looks can be deceiving,
but forgotten that most people are just this shallow.

"People who bother, doesn't matters. People who matters, doesn't bother." :)

#3 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Have you tried Dan's body regimen? I highly suggest it. It sounds like you only have it mild. So you could probably use the
AHA alone and skip the BP. If you haven't checked it out yet, give it a shot =) if you have any questions message me. Good luck! -Kelli

#4 Sarah Weakley

Sarah Weakley

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi! I was recommended Ziana as well for back acne and it did not work for me either. It was very expensive with insurance so I went back to the derm and she put me on Prascion to wash with in the shower.

#5 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Karaoke, dancing (hip hop, African), cardio (sculpting, kickboxing), dogs, kids.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I had bad bacne when I was pregnant. I use Panoxyl 10% BP body wash and it cleared it up immediately. You lather and let it sit 2 minutes and rinse. Start once a day then move up to twice if needed. Using it too much will cause irritation. Also, talk to your term because it sounds like Ziana is making it worse instead of better. Good luck!
My Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser with Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisiturizer

PM
Cetaphil Daily Cleanser or M2 Exfoliating Cleanser w/o Clarisonic brush
Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer w/ Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

FOR FOLLICULITIS & ECZEMA
Triamcimolone as needed
Ketoconazole 2% Cream (spot treatment only) twice daily
Clarifoam once daily
Noble Soap everytime I shower

PHASING OUT
Differin 0.3% (spot treatment only)

#6 enelson96

enelson96

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

There are a lot of things I would recommend. I'm still dealing with bacne.. but it is slowly healing, thank god. I've had to experiment with products for about 4 months now. Here are some good ones..

At night I use the OXY full strength salicylic acid pads to clean my skin.

Then I apply 10% benzoyl peroxide, tea tree oil, salicylic acid and some nights a moisturizer that I would use on my face.

I just got this moisturizer from Walgreens that was only $6. It's just a walgreens brand that's called Alpha Hydroxy (then in smaller print it says it's for your face and contains 8% AHA)

The AHA is for exfoliation and helps shed the dead skin on your back faster instead of it accumulating and clogging your pores.

So far the routine has GREATLY helped. The other day I almost cried because it is healing so beautifully.

#7 TreatAcne

TreatAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 49
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

One thing I guess I could suggest is buying a bottle of 100 percent tea tree oil off amazon.com or something ("NOW" is a great brand to start with).

This stuff is STRONG, so use caution!!!

Anyway, fill a bathtub up with warm water like you normally do, and then add several drops of tea tree oil to it. If it's NOT diluted then only use a few drops (like 10)... if the bottle is watered down (AND YOU KNOW THIS) then use a little more.

It's slow to work but is considered a treatment for your acne EVERYWHERE, not just your back.

Do NOT accidentally get some water into your mouth in the bath since tea tree oil is toxic if ingested. It should be fairly safe to use, but please put some non-pore clogging body moisturizer on afterwards, such as "Curel" found at most drugstores and markets.

That's just a suggestion of course, I have yet to try it myself...

08/20/13: Acne is gone!! Success thread here ---> http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/333646-milk-free-diet-cleared-my-cystic-acne-and/ 

--------------------

My Regimen: Dairy, Sugar, Caffeine, and *mostly* Gluten FREE Diet.

My Previous Regimen Here: http://www.acne.org/...6-years-try-it/
My FAQ's Are Written Here: http://www.acne.org/...t-day-and-faqs/

My Experiences with Dan's Regimen: http://www.acne.org/...t-acne-regimen/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users