How I Cleared My Acne But Got Ugly Skin.. What Now?red mark
Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:30 PM
I'm so happy that my hurtful cysts are gone but my skin is not pretty now either. I suffer from dryness, red marks, big pores, sometimes whiteheads and it feels like I look much older than 21 because of this.
Because of the dryness I use almond oil and furthermore I'm into organic skincare so I prefer natural products. The only thing I'm using now is moisturizer and facial mud masks from time to time.
I'm asking you guys for advice, how should I move on now that my cysts are gone but my skin looks so SAD and DULL and OLD?! I want advice about skincare, natural remedies, nutrition...anything! Cause I feel like nothing is giving me my pretty teenage skin back again..
I hope that my cleared up face will give some of you a bit of hope - it is possible to get rid of your acne, just be patient
(sorry about language mistakes, Swedish chick here )
Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:27 PM
1. Try cleansing your skin with extra organic cold pressed coconut oil etc at least once a day...either rinse with water or leave on for half an hour then rinse.
2. Try applying lime juice morning and night to your skin after using the Oil Cleansing Method above. It makes it heal and glow.
3. Scrub the skin gently once a week or month with cinnamon and nutmeg (just add honey and lime juice). This makes a nice natural antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-fungal scrub. (Please discontinue this treatment if this is too strong or flares up your skin).
4. If you have a break out use lavender oil on the spot. For a bigger breakout, wash with sea salt and water for a week and then return to using Oil Cleansing Method.
5. Depending on your skin, use Hyaluronic Acid serum to moisturize daily (if your skin is very oily) or just dab a little virgin coconut oil or pure aloe vera beneath the lime juice at night. Don't wash your face in the morning. In fact, go a few days without washing and make-up as over washing dries out your skin and makes it acne prone and dull.
5. Eat less than half a tea spoon of cinnamon after a big meal, to help stabilize your blood sugar (as sugar spikes in the blood can cause acne).
6. Drink liver cleansing fresh juices daily like beetroot, carrot, apple and ginger or green juices with parsley, cucumber, alfalfa and spinach lettuce etc.
7. Exercise gently every day for 20 minutes or 1 hour.
8. Sleep in a cool and dark room. Get natural sunlight without sunblock for at least 1/2 hr to 1 hour per day. Just don't get sunburn.
9. Eats lots of healthy oils with omega 3 like cold pressed flaxseed oil or walnut oil, coconut oil. Also, be generous with extra virgin olive oil. Just don't cook it.
10. Stay away from processed foods, fried foods and sauces. Eat mostly natural, raw, unprocessed, organic wholefoods that are grown on trees like legumes, nuts, fruits and vegetables.
11. Drink a wedge of lemon juice in purified water first thing the morning.
12.Add fresh lemon juice to all foods instead of vinegar and sauces.
13. Stay away from sugars, sweets, junk food, takeaway, sodas, alcohol, teas or coffee.
14. You can drink herbal tea that's caffeine free like spearmint & chamomile etc.
15. Try taking a non-dairy refrigerated quality probiotic per day.
16. Eat lots of veggies & fruit like sweet potato, asparagus, cos lettuce, tomato, red/ green/ yellow bell peppers, herbs (parsley, mint), carrots, avocado, kiwi fruit, berries, apple etc
17. Eat a handful of mixed nuts and seeds daily.
18. If you choose to eat meat (which I don't recommend at all), stick with organic, grass fed meats, or better still, Turkey, Salmon and Tuna etc.
19. Stay away from dairy. But if you choose to eat dairy, stick to small quantities of cheeses. However, if you breakout eating cheeses, stop eating them.
20. For extra help, try taking psyllium husk fiber once a day (like metamucil) to keep you regular.
21. Also, look into doing a glycolic acid peel once a fortnight or month or every 6 months depending on your skin. Start at 10% unbuffered strength and then work up to 20% strength after 10 x 10% applications. You can use 35% strength in your 30s. NOTE: Leave the acid on your skin until it turns lightly pink and then neutralize BUT no longer than 10 minutes. Please see a beautician or dermatologist first time doing this. However, once you are confident your skin can handle this, you can do these at home yourself. You'll need witch hazel to prep your skin prior to the peel and then you'll need to neutralize the acid with Bicarbinated Soda.
22. If you need extra help, look into gentle home skin needling with vitamin c serum and copper serum. See www.clearskincare.com.au for a simple kit that's cost effective.
23. Use lots of spices & fresh herbs in your cooking like turmeric, ginger, mint, continental parsley etc
24. Eat superfoods like chlorella and spirulina, quinoa, berries, chia seeds etc.
25. Take a daily multivitamin (and possibly also a mega B complex vitamin with zinc, magnesium like "Nature's Way" Mega B).
26. You can eat non dairy dark chocolate 80-85% as a treat or popcorn with lemon juice, sea salt (and curry powder if you like spicy things).
27. Drink 6-8 glasses of purified spring alkaline (even ionized if you have an ionizer) water daily.
28. Get fresh air as often as possible. Walk in a local park or by the seashore.
29. Stay happy, positive & enjoy life! The less you stress about your skin the sooner your skin will recover.
30. Keep researching into new natural skincare products and health tips.
Hope this information is useful!
** Note: I took out the former reference to olive oil topicals because it can encourage fungus/ yeast growth on certain individuals.
Edited by aquasea, 05 February 2012 - 08:36 PM.
Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:07 PM
A) Wild Yam
B) Saw Palmetto
C) Fungus/yeast treatment like: Nizarol & pyrithione zinc
D) Pure aloe vera juice to drink and as a topical
E) Spiralina and other superfoods.
G) Abstaining from citrus fruits like oranges or lemons etc.
H) Refrigerated quality probiotics
I) Sulfur based healing remedies
J) Edible clay drinking detox (available from a health food store) & sacred clay masks
K) Niacinamide Nicomide gel
L) Don't use a microwave and try and stick to a mostly raw and organic diet.
Here are other useful websites:
Also, I read here that one individual went to a toxicologist and found that through the use of a "black light", their cysts showed they had a build up of plastic! They need to do an intense detox. Hope this update helps.
Edited by aquasea, 05 February 2012 - 08:33 PM.
Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:28 PM
Edited by aquasea, 05 February 2012 - 08:31 PM.
Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:53 PM
Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:18 PM
Edited by gia1, 06 February 2012 - 07:27 PM.
Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:52 PM
Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:56 PM
Edited by Chris1337, 15 February 2012 - 10:57 PM.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:30 AM
man, i feel youe pain. Atleast your clear. Im still in the struggle. Even if my skin was clear I feel my skin is in very poor shape. 10 years of benzoil peroxide along with the millions of things I tried and failed dermotologist visits I look like a wreck. Super red flushing flace, large poors, scars, veins are showing, SUPER oily skin and dryness and still horrible acne. Im only 22 and am jelouse of my moms skin. Its just not fair
hell yeah, same story here. those chemicals took a toll on my skins texture and overall health. im only 20! and im jelouse of my grandmother's skin! who is 60 and only looks 30! WTF!!! .....sigh.......its DEFINETLY not fair. eh, but what is?
Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:03 PM