Photo

Almost. [Pics]

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hopefully this is the last thread I make about this ,because i'm ALMOST there (to a clear face)
I have a pigmentation on my nose from when i picked a pimple off in November. It wasn't just a normal squeeze/pop. I literally severed it, and the skin was torn clean off. It was fleshy and pink for a few days, and guess what I did? STILL picked at it. Anyway, it left a blackish spot. And then it turned brown. By january it was lighter brown, and almost faded. But a few weeks ago, I accidentally scratched over it, so it bled a little bit, and it scabbed up. The scab fell off a week ago. And now it's almost back to the way it was a little while ago...
Sorry the picture is upside down.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2cihbfd.jpg

I've been using bio-oil for 3 days now. Hopefully it'll fade. My goal is to have a clear face by April/May. That would be amazing.

Can anyone tell me if it looks like it's going to fade? Will bio-oil help? Bio oil does not break me out, since i only apply it on that area.

#2 Toom

Toom

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi I think you have great skin, don't worry about little things like that. But since I know you will usually dark marks/red marks for me fade in a few months. =)

Edited by Toom, 03 February 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#3 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

is there any hope for this to go away?
this was taken this morning:
http://i40.tinypic.com/122yttg.jpg

thanks!

#4 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

so i put two pictures next to each other, both taken in natural lighting.
this is a before/after shot of the one taken last week, and one this morning.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jhfujn.png

i can't tell if it's healing...or fading. advice?

#5 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

bump

#6 4Fours

4Fours

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

I use a combo of aquaphor (or neosporin), zinc oxide (diaper rash cream) and manuka honey on red marks. I just mix them together and put it on the spot, then one of those small bandaids overnight.

#7 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/rhswwj.png

after two weeks of using bio-oil...

#8 rcedillo4

rcedillo4

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I would ACV on those marks. Have you tried that?

#9 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

i used ACV on it for the first few weeks when i first got it back in november, but stopped after it didn't reallly have any results. should i start using it again? it might work now because it's a lot lighter now than it was back then.

#10 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

Two pictures I took today:

http://i43.tinypic.com/5v6347.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/27yz5s2.jpg

:( Anyone have any idea how much longer I have to wait? Bio-Oil seems to be working a LITTLE. It had really dramatic results the first week, and now it seems to have halted.

on a side note, the rest of my face (my skin tone) is really starting to look really good. Except for this nose thing.
the products i highly recommend are:
- Yes! To Carrots nourishing exfoliating scrub
- Lemon & Sugar mixed, placed on a cotton round
- Epiduo to clear up small pimples

I'm happy to say that i have stopped picking completely. I had a pretty bad (relatively) breakout on the right side of my face, but I forced myself not to touch it. I just put Epiduo on the three zits that formed, and 4 days later, they're almost completely gone, with no hideous purple/brown/black/red scars!
and also, i've been wearing sun screen every day, so that seems to be a good preventative measure.

#11 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Looks like you're suffering fro PIH. With darker skin it takes awhile for it to go away. Retinoids help turn over and get rid of them faster as well as microdermabrasion. You might want to go for a spa treatment or try a home microderm set like Dermanew. It will go eventually. I have dark skin and I easily get PIH. Also try using a zinc oxide sunscreen and/or mineral make up. Sun exposure will keep it darker longer. ;)

#12 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Do you know if the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion set is any good? I'm thinking about buying it, since it's only $20.

#13 Horses1324

Horses1324

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

well i have bio and i used it for my face but i broke me out like crazy! did it break you out too?

#14 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

nope, it hasn't broke me out at all. but i think it's just because i only put it on my nose, not anywhere else on my face.

#15 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

one of my friends looked at the spot on my nose today and said it would be gone in 3 weeks...i hope she's right!

http://i52.tinypic.com/i53eh1.jpg

#16 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

1) before 2) 1 week of bio-oil 3) 2 weeks of bio oil 3) 3 weeks of bio oil

any improvement?
http://i39.tinypic.com/241ms6u.png

#17 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

Your skin looks fantastic! I wouldn't put bio-oil on your face though because it will probably make you break out. The marks will fade in time, but there are some fantastic dark mark correctors from Clinique, so you should check those out.

Oh, and if you're thinking of doing microdermabrasion I would get it done professionally because its way more effective than the home kits. I never really got results from the home kits. Good luck!

Edited by TheSavyBanana, 18 February 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#18 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

I think the bio oil has been helping! It hasn't broke me out, but only because i dab a little bit on my nose. I found that if I massage the bio oil in really deeply, it makes the spot appear darker/irritated for a while. But if i just lightly rub over it, it's more effective. I've been reading a LOT of reviews about bio oil and most of them say that it takes 3 months for it to work. Some people said their scars/stretch marks are totally invisible after 3 months. The only negative reviews I've read about bio oil say that they broke out, and that hasn't happened for me. So i guess i'll just have to be patient. The spot isn't even THAT noticeable in real life, just in photographs. So hopefully i'll get rid of this by May which so happens to be my birthday month/deadline goal for clear skin.

#19 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

i would get ipl on it but check to make sure they can do it on your skin type before you try it. spot treatments where i go are $120 but that usually includes 10-15 spots for me. since you only have one maybe they will give you a better deal. 3 passes of the ipl though should take care of that. i had a bad spot above my lip and its about gone now.

#20 faiintx

faiintx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thanks! I just looked into it, and I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the risks, since I have dark skin. And plus my parents would never agree to it, haha. But thank you!

Here's what it looks like now; http://i51.tinypic.com/14uc5lk.jpg

it's faded for the most part in real life, but it's impossible to ignore in photographs... I'm gonna be patient with the bio oil though.