Photo

How Many Cavities Or Fillings Have You Had?

beta carotene

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 AutonomousOne1980

AutonomousOne1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

I've had at least 5 or 6 cavities, never any fillings though. When the dentist told me about the cavities I opted not to do treatment and instead heal them on my own through natural methods. He acted like I was crazy and now here I am a few years later, no more cavitiies or tooth pain! Ha ha!

very interesting, i have a similar story but i have completely lost a filling and decided just to leave it an not get it refilled, it has been two years and it has not become any worse there is absolutely no pain. the general belief is that once the outer enamel has been breached, supposedly you can kiss the rest of the tooth good bye, im still waiting for that day, im sure its a weaker area but it just has not been a problem yet. still keeping an eye on it though.

this may not be common knowledge to most people, but our saliva contains calcium for the sole purpose of remineralizing our teeth, it is when the bacteria in our mouths produce more acid then the saliva can keep up with is when a cavity usually forms. the acids that bacteria produce bind with minerals in your teeth, and contribute to caries/cavities.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980, 03 February 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#1.critical nutritional issues- b12(three forms exist), Calcium(yogurt, cheese or calcium phosphate supps) and vitamin d(sun or supps not to exceed 1000 iu). heme iron-most absorbable from meat only, clams are high. these are the most difficult vitamins to get and absorb. All others or about the same in difficulty in absorption. MAgnesium in our food supply is generally low as well, try natural calm supps.
#2 Fats- monounsaturated should dominate(olives), followed by polyunsaturated plant sources(nuts) but not if you have acne. the health benefits of fish oil and fish are controversial and i dont consume them due to mercury contamination and immune supression avoid processed fats if possible.
#3 Protein/amino acids- dairy and eggs best sources for tryptophan and methionine which convert to powerful antioxidants melatonin and glutathione.
#4 Carotenoids- alpha- beta carotene, beta cryptoxanthin, lutein zeaxanthin, astaxanthin. these are vital to human nutrition, carrots, butternut squash, pumpkin, chili pepper and cayenne pepper are the best sources.
#5 Regularity-BM at least once a day, Moist, large stools, 1 piece ideal, no maldigestion, no floating stools indicative of maldigested fat. HOW- insoluble fiber- wheat and cooked vegetables. soluble fiber-oats/ good bacteria ferment soluble fiber making short chain fatty acids that inhibit pathogens.
#6 Circadian cycles-Light, get up with the sun, and expose your entire body to it. darkness-melatonin is released upon the sensing of absolute darkness. sleep in a pitch black room, try to ensure 10 hours total darkness, wear sunglasses before bed. do not eat too late at night.
#7 Desirable physiological states(positive moods/emotions) do precisely what you like and what feels good to you, but not regardless of consequences, just from a perspective that, you own your life, and can determine precisely what you do with it and need not answer or ask of permission from anyone,achieving maximum autonomy and self government.

#22 sen1

sen1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Im 22, have 1 filling, last check up was about 4 months ago.

#23 gemmyjunebug

gemmyjunebug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I've had at least 5 or 6 cavities, never any fillings though. When the dentist told me about the cavities I opted not to do treatment and instead heal them on my own through natural methods. He acted like I was crazy and now here I am a few years later, no more cavitiies or tooth pain! Ha ha!

very interesting, i have a similar story but i have completely lost a filling and decided just to leave it an not get it refilled, it has been two years and it has not become any worse there is absolutely no pain. the general belief is that once the outer enamel has been breached, supposedly you can kiss the rest of the tooth good bye, im still waiting for that day, im sure its a weaker area but it just has not been a problem yet. still keeping an eye on it though.

this may not be common knowledge to most people, but our saliva contains calcium for the sole purpose of remineralizing our teeth, it is when the bacteria in our mouths produce more acid then the saliva can keep up with is when a cavity usually forms. the acids that bacteria produce bind with minerals in your teeth, and contribute to caries/cavities.

Is this why some people have white tongues?
I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

#24 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Dental health issues such as gum disease cause inflammation.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#25 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Yep. The whole "once enamel is gone it's gone forever" thing is a total lie. I think they invented it to sell that fluoride laden toothpaste crap, which only makes the problem worse. I'm living proof that you can remineralize... one of my cavities was visible (a little pin sized hole) on the front of my tooth. It's gone now.

I oil pull daily, use herbal tooth powder, and eat tons of fresh greens. That's what turned my dental situation around. I used to barely be able to eat because my teeth hurt so badly.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#26 k3tchup

k3tchup

Registered Nurse

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

none. knock on wood.

before, as in like high school years i only used mouth wash and never brushed. The reason i stopped brushing then was from my gums bleeding in certain spots no matter how light i brushed. It wasnt serious but just enough to be noticed. I stopped to prevent it from getting worse

Today isnt much different unfortunately. But i drink loads of water, green tea which helps i would suppose, but i never did then. Although i chewed gum (sugarless) a lot back then. I would go through a pack a week almost like cigs lol.

This is something i should maybe start again... but i dont want bleeding gums. So maybe just some good mouth wash more often.

Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying. 

#27 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Yep. The whole "once enamel is gone it's gone forever" thing is a total lie. I think they invented it to sell that fluoride laden toothpaste crap, which only makes the problem worse. I'm living proof that you can remineralize... one of my cavities was visible (a little pin sized hole) on the front of my tooth. It's gone now.

I oil pull daily, use herbal tooth powder, and eat tons of fresh greens. That's what turned my dental situation around. I used to barely be able to eat because my teeth hurt so badly.

I would really love to know more about healing cavities naturally. I have a friend who has one and I remembered seeing your post earlier about it! He's into the natural remedies so I'd love to find out for him. How exactly would one go about naturally healing cavities?
my regimen:

am
wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey
tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm
home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes
spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

#28 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Start by reading up on oil pulling. That's an important first step. Then start googling "remineralizing teeth" and do some reading, it should point you in the right direction. :)

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#29 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Acemanna, a polysaccharide found within Aloe vera, stimulates dental pulp cell proliferation, differentiation, mineralization and dentin formation.

http://www.greenmedi...l-proliferation

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#30 Green Gables

Green Gables

RETIRED

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

I have had two fillings over the course of my life, and they were both before I had acne...I had severe acne for many years and was cavity-free

photo-152109.gif?_r=1345837784?__rand=0.

I don't get notified of your response to my post unless you QUOTE my post.

Please only quote a small portion of the post so it doesn't clutter up the thread. 

How to Treat Hormonal Acne

Good and Bad Birth Control Pills and Implants for Acne

How to take Spironolactone

List of Doctors Who Prescribe Spironolactone

Topicals for Hormonal Acne

HOW I STAY 100% CLEAR:

Spironolactone (anti-androgen drug)

Betaine HCL with each meal

Avoiding silicones and occlusives in skin/hair products

#31 ibiza1987

ibiza1987

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

I am a 31 year old female, had acne for 20 years :(

Prior to accutane in 2003 it was quite severe, now it is more moderate at the times when my skin does get bad.

Never had a filling or a cavity, my teeth are excellent, healthy and white! :)

#32 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

5 :(

#33 Tim714

Tim714

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

I've had at least 10 and a root canal and Its not from a lack of hygiene. Last time I had a cleaning I asked the hygienist why I always get them when I take care of my teeth and I've known multiple people who've said that they rarely brush their teeth and never get any, she basically told me some people have cavity prone teeth and some people don't.

#34 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Never had a filling, but used to wear braces in high school for about 2 years. I have sensitive gums though, and sometimes they bleed when I brush. I might also need to get the rest of my wisdom teeth taken out soon. If my gums are hurting, I mix salt with water and make gargles to sanitize the wound. It really helps!

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#35 nakedsmurf

nakedsmurf

Been there done that.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'm 23 and never had a dental problem yet.

:) I brush 3 times daily tho.

#36 LewisS

LewisS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

I know this is an acne forum (this should probably be in the lounge), but what here do people do to look after the oral health other than brush, floss and rinse? I despise my fillings and would love to have rid of them. I might ask for white ones...

I have braces and just find it impossible to keep my teeth in the best condition. I want them GONE!

Edited by LewisS, 17 June 2013 - 05:36 AM.

#37 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

1 filling. I used to grind my teeth so the outer part of my molars got cavities and had to have 2 filled so 3 in total. I have an insane obsession with teeth so I'm always brushing, and flossing throughout the day. Don't think it could cause you to break out. If your toothbrush is rubbing on your skin (the side of you mouth), the bacteria on the toothbrush could cause you to breakout in that area.