the regimen starting

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ssydniee

Ssydniee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hey everyone! I've been on this website a lot because acne plagues my life and it sucks so much. I just ordered The Regimen and this really is my last hope. I guess I was just hoping for some feed back on it, just knowing what to expect (if it does work). I'm in college and I never leave my room and skip class as often as possible so people can't look at my face I will take any advice, or your stories or anything really. I feel so alone, even though this site shows me I'm not. I just want my acne gone :(

#2 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

It works. I'm in college as well and I know how it feels to have acne at this stage of your life. I am a senior now, but when I was a freshman-sophomore my acne was BAD. Junior year it started to fade, I think just because of genetics, and now I've been on the regimen for awhile and am like 98% clear. I currently get 2-3 zits per month, which, honestly, is nothing for me. They aren't huge red mofos either. I use to have 5-10 huge red zits along with a bunch of smaller ones at a time, always... It sucked. I hated seeing my own reflection, tried to "casually" hide my face whenever I could, and was always thinking about my acne at parties and stuff freshmen/sophomore year which was lame, but I couldn't help it.

Anyway, I know how you feel and can tell you the regimen absolutely works IF you follow it precisely as Dan tells you to do it. Literally, follow it word for word, step by step, every detail is crucial to success. It is time consuming, so be ready for that. Kinda sucks as a college student because of how long it takes. I'm currently in the process of slowly stopping the regimen and hoping my skin stays clear because it just takes me too long to get ready in the mornings when I have class, and when I come home from a party drunk it is a pain in the ass to do the regimen. But it is absolutely worth it to do for 3-6 months to get clear, and just do it forever if you need to and don't mind how long it takes. Bottom line, yes, it definitely works and you will get clear if you do it correctly.

As for what to expect... Initially you will have lots of dryness, and uncomfortable and possibly itchy and red skin. It only took 2 weeks for me to see a significant improvement though, so that encourages you to keep going. Check out dans page of "what to expect" for more info, but be ready to be using a lot of moisturizer on your face for the first couple months, and maybe longer. For some, the dryness never really stops, for others, it subsides in the 2nd or 3rd month. Just depends on your skin.

But one last time, it definitely works. You will be happy with your skin if you follow the regimen correctly and dont give up if things are tough at first. It's worth it for clear skin.

Good luck!

#3 lostlaika

lostlaika

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I started it towards the end of November (and am just now joining the forums... kind of a procrastinator...), and I think it's working really good! The first month was awful though and I hated my skin, I was SO dry and flaky. Also on days when I've skipped once or twice I immediately start breaking out again, which is... depressing. But all in all I'm liking my skin so far, as of now I only have one little pimple right on my jawline by my ear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users