accutane claravis vitamin e make-up

5 replies to this topic

#1 gimpm3

gimpm3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

Finally, I am begining my Accutane log. I will be posting pictures of progress and my regimne.

Background: I am a long time sufferer of adult acne. I did not start getting acne until I was about 22. I am now 27 and finally taking the plunge to Accutane. I have been seeing a dermatologist for my acne and have been prescribed everything from anti-biotics, retnoids, and BP of all sorts. Nothing worked, not even a little. So finally this year I have decided to declare all out war and beat this acne.
My acne is mainly cystic/nodule (the annoying, under the skin for a week ones). I rarely get small white heads and I never get blackheads. My skin is moderately oily but not bad/shiny. I don't wear make-up.. ever.

Posted Image

Accutane started:
Friday, December 23, 2011

Dose:
Claravis 60mg/day (30mg AM, 30mg PM)

Regimne:
Cleanser - CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser
Moisturizer - CeraVe AM, CeraVe PM
Lip Ointments - Auqaphor Hydrating Ointment, Vaseline, Blistex Medicated Lip Balm, Alclometasone Dipropionate (prescription)
Vitamins - E

AM --- I follow the basics covered in the regimne. In the morning during my shower I allow warm water to run down my face to wet it. I then take 2 pumps of CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and gently apply it to my face in a circular motion with my fingers (do not use a washcloth to wash your face). I get out of the shower and pat dry my face, very gently. I wait at least 10 minutes for my face to fully dry to apply moisturizer. I use 3 pumps of CeraVe PM.. yes PM. For some reason for me it moisturizes better then the AM, but I will use the AM if I plan on being out in the sun b/c it has a SPF30. Occasoinally I have to re-apply if I have a really dry spot, so bring your moisturizer with you. I only apply the Alclometasone Dipropionate ointment in the morning. It helps majorly with the dryness. Through out the day I use the Auqaphor Hydrating Ointment for my lips, (I also included some other choices that I found to work well). Lastly, I take Vitamin E 2-3 times daily.

PM --- I shower or wash my face the same way as I do in the AM. I do not apply moisturizer unless my face is really dry/peeling. I apply which ever lip balm as needed.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by gimpm3, 01 February 2012 - 12:36 PM.

#2 gimpm3

gimpm3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:21 AM

Day 43 - This is about the time where everyone has been saying I will see results. I have been seeing my face clear much more within the past few days. I am starting to notice that I have a bit more of hyper-pigmentation than I thought. :( Hopefully it doesn't stay around.

I will be beginning Ortho Tri-Cyclen in a few days. Lets see if that helps! I'm getting excited, haven't seen my face clear in years.

#3 gimpm3

gimpm3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:25 AM

Today is my first day of taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen, hopefully I don't have an IB from it.

#4 gimpm3

gimpm3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

So after only 3 days of being on OT-C I have to stop taking it.
1) It makes me very nauseus
2) It's making my face very red, and even more susceptible to the sun (ie is getting wind/sun burn much easier)
3) Mkes me very sleepy

No good but oh well, the accutane seems to be doing the job on it's own anyways. Back to NuvaRing.

#5 gimpm3

gimpm3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Day 80 - (I think.. I'm bad with numbers..) I'm still on my same dosage of Clavaris (60mg/day). I'm doing great. I'm having to put my spf 30 moisturizer on a lot b/c the FL sun is out in full force. I actually put on my regular moisturizer on and then the spf 30 on top. If I'm outside, like say the beach, I use a high spf sunscreen.
The biggest side effect I have right now is the dry lips. It's the hardest to stay on top of. I apply my prescription in the AM and then use Blistex Medicated once every 20 minutes (it seems) during the day.
I've have some dry spots on my arms which are helped by a skin lotion with aloe.
My acne has cleared a lot. There are only about two breakouts on my face and it seems that I only have hyperpigmentation right now.
I go to the derm next Wed so we'll see what he says.

Until next time.

#6 gimpm3

gimpm3

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Long time no update. I'm on my final month of Clevaris. Had one white head today, but other than that my face has been quite clear for about 2 weeks now. I still have the red/hyperpigmentation.. hoping that it will go away after I stop. So excited!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users