Photo

Dermabrasion And Recell For Hypopigmentation Scars (Updated: 4 Months Post-Op)

co2 dermabrasion

81 replies to this topic

#41 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hi Winnie,
Thats interesting.Hes a valuable asset so must have got a good offer!.
Did you call the Leeds clinic? or how did you find out?

#42 WinnieTheBlue

WinnieTheBlue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Hi Winnie,
Thats interesting.Hes a valuable asset so must have got a good offer!.
Did you call the Leeds clinic? or how did you find out?

Yes my father called the hospital, because my english isn't soo good. It seems that Recell is really growing.

More clinics coming, I wouldn't be suprised if this is getting big and maybe a great company to invest in.

Edited by WinnieTheBlue, 11 May 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#43 gbl

gbl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

jeremy rawlins is currently working out of glasgow SKIN FX clinic once a month!

I have an appointment in a couple of weeks to get his advice on the next step.

The dent i had is all but gone. The hypopigmented area greatly reduced, it appeared initially that the pigment was going to come back fully, but then a few months later it was whiter again. Now since ive been on holiday more pigment appears to have migrated inwards, so the white area is narrowed further still.

#44 dialadate69

dialadate69

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

More clinics coming, I wouldn't be suprised if this is getting big and maybe a great company to invest in

This is true. I bought the stock at 11 cents a share a few months ago. it is now 28 cents a share. When the stock recell gets FDA approval I think it will double. This is a very good penny stock to invest in...

Edited by dialadate69, 19 May 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#45 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

The dent i had is all but gone. The hypopigmented area greatly reduced, it appeared initially that the pigment was going to come back fully, but then a few months later it was whiter again. Now since ive been on holiday more pigment appears to have migrated inwards, so the white area is narrowed further still.

would you say that recell was worth it for the hypopigment? How much improvement would you estimate you got? I wonder when it'll be in the US

#46 Nightlilly89

Nightlilly89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

actually i found that it might be approved in the US by the end of next year (2013) http://investmentlog...iomedical-play/

#47 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

It will take 12-18 months to know the final result but at the moment I can say that all of the hypopigmentation patches appear to have started to gradually get pigment.
You have to be very patient. Melanocytes have to migrate and then melanin has to first be produced by the melanocytes. It then gradually spreads to neahbouring cells which in turn pass it on to others and so forth. Gradually melanin is spread evenly everywhere. at least thats my understanding. Melanin converts 99.9% of UV to heat!. Our bodies are amazing.
wikipedia is a great source of information and clearly states why one should not get burnt in the sun.
I post more pics at 3 months,i.e 5 weeks from now.

#48 Nope.avi

Nope.avi

You wanna know how I got these scars?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

Edited by Nope.avi, 08 August 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#49 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:41 AM

Not sure I understand your question. Depending on ethnicity everyone has certain amounts of natural melanin. More is created with exposure to the sun.
I was told to use sunscreen in order that the melanocytes arent damaged before they have a change to multiply and start functioning. Sunscreen ensures you dont get burnt, thus damaging the new skin cells. I am still slightly erythemic so I havent fully healed. After 12 months Im supposed to start exposing myself more and more. However there is parrallel research to suggest UV treatment immediately post treatment will speed things up.

#50 gbl

gbl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:57 AM

would you say that recell was worth it for the hypopigment? How much improvement would you estimate you got? I wonder when it'll be in the US

hard to say. bear in mind that pigment lost through laser surgery has different mechanisms to pigment lost through other trauma (according to Borecs findings, the melanocytes are there but 'switched off'.) The edges of my whitened area have crept in a few mm making the hypopigmented area half the size, which is significant for me. but for a wider area a few mm might not be so pleasing. But, if i had recell again and got another few mm of pigment, that would be it all repigmented, and then my answer would be an easy YES!

#51 kinimi

kinimi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Borec, could you give me contact info for doctors that you have please? I emailed Avita Europe asking for doctors and they didn't get back to me after a week. Avita America got back to me in one day, though they just said to travel to Europe. I'm wondering if the Europe guys are just ignoring me.

#52 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:38 AM

Jeremy Rawlins - SkinFX Clinic Glascow http://skinfxclinics.com/contact-us/
Dr Maini http://www.zenithcos...x.php/our-team/
Dr Khan http://www.harleystreetskinclinic.com/
There are more but I am at work at the mo.

I think there is a post by another forum user that lists even more surgeons although Jeremy was not on that list.

#53 kinimi

kinimi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Thank you!

#54 *strawberry

*strawberry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Borec, any updates?

#55 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:48 AM

Ill post more pics at 3 months. So in a few more weeks.
Everything looking great. Pigment is coming through albeit slowly but the pigment "is definately there" so its already a success in my books. Just need to see how much I get over the next 12 months.
I would say 10-20% pigment returned so far on the large patch, and only after 2 months!.
Scars are looking really smoothed out. Slight pinkiness on that side as the dermabrasion went deeper. Need to be patient :P

#56 *strawberry

*strawberry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:05 AM

sounds very promising! fingers crossed! (:

how about the donor site? is it possible to detect it or did it heal 100%?

Edited by *strawberry, 05 June 2012 - 02:15 AM.

#57 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

My donor site is behind the ear but under the hair line. i.e he shaved a patch of hair. To be honest I havent looked as its not visible :D
It was treated with recell as well I beleive.

#58 *strawberry

*strawberry

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

lol

very smart of your doc to do so!

#59 dubldwn01

dubldwn01

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

I was just wondering how the recovery was going. I had the procedure done a little under four weeks ago in Nottingham (26 June) for hypopigmented scars on my forhead. So far the recovery is going as it had been described. The new layer of skin formed and the dressing was removed after three days. I'm still rather red in spots, but from what I've read and been told, it's a slow process. I still see a lot of lighter spots on my skin, but again from what I've read and been told the skin first needs to finish healing, then grow and start producing the pigment. Mentally the sight of the white spots at this stage causes concern, but having been explained the process, it's not surprising to see them at this stage. If it goes the way it's been explained, over the next few months I should start to see pigment gradually appear in those areas. It's just a little difficult to trust that given the number of times I've been told in the US that there really isn't a treatment for hypopigmentation. But I'm hopeful that this will work the way it's been described, I think the biggest thing from a mental standpoint is to be patient, as this isn't a quick fix treatment. It's been just under four weeks so I'm still very early in the process so appearance at this point isn't something I should take as the final result. That, however, is the tough part.

So I hope your progress is going well.

Thanks.

#60 Borec

Borec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hi dubldwn01.
Firstly, great we can swap notes.
What laser did he use and was it fractional or fully ablative?. How big were the hypopigmented area?
What to expect (I hope this helps)...
When my skin was pink after the procedure I could still see the white patches under the skin. It concerned me at first and I doubted that he gone deep enough
As the pinkness started fading I still saw the white patches. Still concerned. What made it easier was researching skin biology to see how it all works :D

but.. at about 2 months, in some mirrors I saw small dots appearing all over the white areas. Other mirrors I saw nothing.
after 2 months it showed up in more and more mirrors and my concerns were basically gone.
At 3 months it was very obvious the colour was coming back. Actually probably at this point people started not to notice anything. A sensation I havent had in a long time.
Now at over 4 months I have about 50% and more is coming every week. My doc has given me a UV protocol to follow so I have I have to have direct sun exposure for 10-15mins twice a week. Actually im getting a little more as I run, cycle, swim etc but always have SPF30.
Touch wood it keeps coming.
The process is slow and everyone is different. gbl was told that in some people it can start at 12months. Others its quicker.
Dont over analyse your skin at this point, you have a long way to go. Remember melanin has to be produced and then it has to "jump" up and down all the layers of skin.

I will add photos soon. In most photos the hypopigmentation is not visible so I have to get it in the right light.

Also, I have no idea if this is right or not but from what ive read; melanin doesnt only migrate up to the surface of the skin but also "down" into the top of the dermis. Dermabrasion removed the epidermis but the contrast was still there as the dermis was also removed of any melanin by the (insert harsh word here) co2 laser. That was my conclusion as to why I still had a white patch after the top layer of skin was removed. i.e there was still a contrast between my normal skin and the white skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users