Photo

Home Remedies That Have Worked For You!

home remedies acne natural cheap affordable aspirin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 NadiaAdel

NadiaAdel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

What are some home remedies you current use/or in the past that have worked for you?

Me.
I currently use crushed uncoated aspirin with a drop of honey as an exfoliate and honestly it was the only exfoliate that worked. I had this form of acne, that for someone reason i can NOT find an answer to what type it was, where it was just layers of dry skin on top of each other and when I pulled them off they would bleed and grow back. They were around my jaw and mouth. Ugh. Well this worked! Within 1 wash I saw and felt a difference and within 2.weeks they were gone! With that being said...I still don't know how safe it is to use that on your face.

In the past I've used witch hazel as a toner and it worked wonders but stopped after a few months.

And of course tea tree oil is great for problem areas.

#2 Lola Burns

Lola Burns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

Aspirin is pretty safe to use topically. And honey is very safe (assuming it has no contaminants and you have no allergies to it). Aspirin is very similar to salicylic acid. Witch hazel, on the other hand, is quite irritating and should be avoided.

Home remedies never worked for me long term. But in a pinch, tooth paste as an over night spot treatment followed by visine in the morning is a very effective TEMPORARY solution.

#3 AsiaHatesAcne

AsiaHatesAcne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

I also use crushed aspirin. Specifically migraine, as it seems to have more power in it. It works wonders, but it's so MESSY. If I don't use the aspirin, I use lemons. You shouldn't use lemons too often though, because they'll make your skin look like a desert. You can squeeze the juice and use a cloth to dab it on your face, squeeze the juice and drink it, or cut off small slices of the lemon and rub on your face. It dries out zits and keeps your skin feeling refreshed! I usually do this before bed. Good luck!

#4 Melkay

Melkay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I just wanted to share a little piece of information if anyone has college roommates. I'm not blaming my roomies for my acne by the way. Anyway, when I first moved into my dorm, my acne got REAL bad. I couldn't figure out why and then by chance I bought a privacy pop so i could study and now I'm seeing a decrease in my acne. So I'm thinking there was some kind of bacteria or something getting on my pillow which was causing the acne. And now its protected by the privacy pop...sounds strange I know...

#5 Melkay

Melkay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

For those of you who messaged me and asked for pictures..i'm sorry I have no idea how to post pictures on here. But you could either google "privacy pop" or go to their website for pics. (privacypop . com)

#6 multigraincheerios

multigraincheerios

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

For me, exfoliating with sugar seemed to help. I also do honey masks.

Egg white masks helped a lot.

#7 sachi2012

sachi2012

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I just wanted to share a little piece of information if anyone has college roommates. I'm not blaming my roomies for my acne by the way. Anyway, when I first moved into my dorm, my acne got REAL bad. I couldn't figure out why and then by chance I bought a privacy pop so i could study and now I'm seeing a decrease in my acne. So I'm thinking there was some kind of bacteria or something getting on my pillow which was causing the acne. And now its protected by the privacy pop...sounds strange I know...

I think you may be on to something here. I have been experiencing something similar. I will definitely be checking out that privacy pop.

#8 buckeye8084

buckeye8084

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

My skin responds well to a 75% water or thayer's witch hazel and a 25% Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar toner. I been testing out tea tree oil, lavender oil and powdered aspirin with it for the last few days.

Everytime I try a new product and it doesn't work I come back to the natural toner and seems to calm my skin down.