Photo

18 F Second Course. Let's Get It Crackin'! (Pictures)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 HereComesTheSun:)

HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hey guys, I'm Allison. I was really hoping I wouldn't be back making another log, but here I am a year and a half after my first course of accutane. My skin progressively got to the point where it's persistently mild/moderate, with a bad break out on my cheeks for a week after my period. Since I'm going to college next fall, doing accutane right now seems like the most promising plan.

Here's the link to my previous log (2009 - 2010)
http://www.acne.org/...67#entry2767667
My skin was clear from March '10 - October '10 and progressively got to what it is today, but mostly manageable overall. Accutane was by far worth it. I'm hoping that taking it for a second time and at a little older age will give me longer lasting results.

I got my prescription 2 weeks ago, but I decided to start it in the beginning of Feb. I'll update with pictures!

Feb 14 - ____
18 / 130 lbs
40 mg

Best wishes to everyone! And if anyone has any 2nd course insight I would love to hear from you Posted Image

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 24 February 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#2 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Well, this the dreaded post period breakout that I'm dealing with right now :/ My skin was close to clear just a week ago, so I feel like I'm already taking accutane and this is the IB... Definitely not looking forward to a round two breakout so soon once I start. Crossing my fingers it'll go easier on me since this is my second time taking it.

I just switched all of my school classes to online, except for art, to help with my stress and anxiety. Blah. Sucks though. I love being at school when I'm feeling good, but I've just been missing too much. I'm so ready to get this course moving along and become reliable again.
Here's to a promising result Posted Image

Photoon2012-01-31at22322.jpg Photoon2012-01-31at22323-1.jpg

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 05 March 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#3 Quiescence

Quiescence

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

Good luck in course number two!! A quick question for you...do you feel your current acne is the same as pre accutane or is it better than before? I'm on round one, nearly 3 months in... It's going well but realize more courses may be necessary! x x

#4 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

@Quiescence - Thank you! Aside from my skin being unusually bad right now, it's definitely better than it was pre accutane. The longer I wait to do a second course, the closer it slowly gets to the previous condition though..

If anyone has any questions pertaining to my first course, feel free to ask!

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 25 February 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#5 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

I still haven't had the courage to take my first pill Posted Image

I went tanning once on Friday and it really helped dry out my last break out. Now I'm in the clearer portion of the month and loving it so much that I don't want to risk cutting it short with an accutane IB, especially since I'd like to be feeling good on Valentines Day... blah I just need to get it over with.

Photo on 2012-02-07 at 02.23 #2.jpg

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 24 February 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#6 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Alright, so I finally took my first pill on Valentine's Day because I love myself Posted Image haha just kidding, but really =P
My skin is still pretty much in the same manageable state as the last picture, but just a little bit drier.
I'll post update pictures soon!

Best wishes to everyone on this accutane journey!

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 25 February 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#7 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Done with my first 10-pack!

Update:

Broke out on my left cheek starting on day 5- / Everywhere else is awesome
(that was also the start of the monthly week when I usually break out so I'm hoping it calms back down now)
Currently just have 3 or 4 spots that are really bothering me and the rest are healing

Dry skin - Jojoba Oil

Chapped lips - Aquaphor

When I blow my nose there is a tad bit of blood

No turning back now! We can do this Posted Image

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 25 February 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#8 esa

esa

Acne sucks.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I saw your other log but didn't realise you'd started a new course. Good luck!

I keep seeing Jojoba oil mentioned everywhere, is it really good or something? I haven't started moisturising as my face hasn't gotten dry yet.

#9 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

@esa - Haha thank you! :) Jojoba oil works wonders for me! Since its obviously really oily, I like to mix it with cleanser in my hand and wash my face with it, it makes my skin feel so soft and gets rid of any dryness.

2 weeks down nucka
I think my IB might be settling down now, but I know well enough from my first course that you can never really call the shots before they're thrown. It's definitely been worse than usual lately, but I'm just keeping my mind on the clear skin to come!

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 28 February 2012 - 02:22 AM.

#10 MgX

MgX

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 56
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

i reckon it's going pretty well.......

as for me i still have to make the decision whether to take Accutane...... my acne is still persistent and i'm still having breakouts after breakouts, flare-ups after flare-ups........ i feel like crap everytime i go out of the house...sigh....... what to do what to do.....>>>>>

#11 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

@margox Thank you! If you haven't responded to other treatments I would definitely talk to your derm about taking accutane!

#12 chaitz85

chaitz85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

I have been off accutane for about 2 years now and have occassional break outs here and there.. but i agree its far more managable that the time before accutane.. Posted Image

But if it goes on for 2 long then i mite go back on it.. so i am gonna keep checking your post to track your progress... Posted Image to plan my next move... All the best girl..

#13 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:18 PM

@chaitz85 Haha that's what I'm here for Posted Image Thank you, best to you as well!

3 WEEKS!

UPDATE
- manageable skin (with makeup)
- chest is clear
- back has a 'blackhead purging' feel
- starting to get a dry rash on my hands
- chapped lips
- random/short bad headaches
- get uncomfortably warm sometimes
- sore lower back

It's still completely doable and worth it!

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 05 March 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#14 jennyband

jennyband

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

oh wow i saw you as i opened the accutane logs page, it actually made me happy to recognise a username!

probably not a great thing since we are still battling acne...

my skin was perfect up until the doctor made me stop taking the pill late last year. it held out for a while... skin behaving and all. but since my hormones are all over the shop its been reaking havoc all over my face. accutane gave me dream results in the end, so i'm not sure whether to do a second course or wait a few months now i'm restarted the pill. gah! tane was horrible the side effects extreme..

your a brave girl!

all the best to you x

#15 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

@jennyband Hey girl, nice to hear from you! I have a feeling your skin will go back to being clear now that you're back on the pill, just give it a little time! And ah thank you, the best to you as well :) I'm not nearly as anxious this time around on tane since I know how well it worked for me before and it's just a matter of time. I think my bodys handling it better this time too - knock on wood..

#16 SavedByGrace1

SavedByGrace1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Hey there, it's amazing how quickly this is working for you! You look great, good luck!

#17 jennyband

jennyband

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:39 AM

your skin seems to be clearing up really quickly for you this time round. i went to the derm today and he put me on a second course of accutane. i've taken my first tablet and already started my flare up. ha such is life. my skin seems so different to regular old acne, the only type of acne i get is cysts :( i hope my skin clears nice and quickly like yours!

best of luck

JB

#18 happydaisy

happydaisy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Hi hun, how long are you taking 40mg for? Im about to start my second course in a few weeks, same time I start a new job too so I am very worried how the side effects will effect me but I feel its worth the risk as I dont want to start missing out on life again and cancelling plans, avoiding people and all that palava, i'm bad enough with that as it is lol.
My breakouts are usually fairly tolerable at the moment and mainly around my cheek/nose/lips so I am hoping like you did that the IB won't be too bad. Is your scalp really itchy after you wash it? I have to dye my hair every 2 weeks because i'm naturally blonde, worried how i will tolerate that cause it causes itching anyway :/ eeeek.

Good luck anyway, you are a pretty lady and still really young so best time to do this so you can carry on enjoying life :) x

#19 HereComesTheSun:)

Allison

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

@SavedByGrace1 Thank you so much!

@jennyband Ah, best wishes! My skin was definitely in a much different (generally better) state to start with this time around and it's made the experience so much more bearable. Don't let the IB get you down! I gladly take a couple weeks of bad breakouts for clear skin *forever* after. And I hope the second course is easier for you as well!

@happydaisy Oh goodness, thank you :) I'm not sure of the dosage or time frame approach, but m sure I'll be upping to 80mg soon and continuing for a total of about 6 months. And kudos on deciding to do a second course! I wish you the absolute best. I haven't noticed any side effects with my scalp yet, but last course I used conditioning treatments weekly to help the dryness/itchiness. And good luck with your new job!

4 WEEKS! Posted Image

Skin
Right now I have no actives on my face, just some marks, and three scattered spots on my back and shoulders. So pleased. If it kept coasting like this I would be SO HAPPY.

Side Effects

New
Flush/Get uncomfortably hot really easily
Eyebrow sweat gone a-wall
Gym - Feel like I'm about to faint
Exhaustion

Mild hand rash
Mild chapped lips
Dry inside nose

My skin isn't really dry and I've kept using my face acne complex lotion with salicylic acid in it every night - is that okay to do? I haven't run into any problems with it so far.

Edited by HereComesTheSun:), 13 March 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#20 Heine

Heine

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm so happy for you :) I remember reading your log while I was accutane and you were giving me so much hope! I remember reading Jennyband's aswell :P I'm in the same boat as you, I might need a second course if I keep breaking out like this...How long after accutane did it take for you to break out? Anyway...seeing your fast results are making me less scared to take it again!