Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It Itches!

6 posts in this topic

So the good news (for me) is that my skin isn't burning and the redness is settling down. The bad news is that now my face is trying to escape my head. I can feel the top layer of my skin drying out a literally separating from the new skin underneath. And it itches. It's taking all the willpower I have to not pick at the flakes right now (although I have already a bit today). Anyone have any tips on how to distract myself so I don't go pick crazy?

cetaphil has helped a TON. i slather it on whenever the dryness/itchness starts to creep up. at night a go to bed looking like a greasy monster but it really does help heal my skin irritation.

...any maybe switch to washing once a day? i don't know how often you do, but that helped me a lot.

good luck! :)

I see my acne as a nemesis, would you do your nemesis a favor by scratching it, I would guess not.

Sometimes I get this problem too and usually the only thing that helps is a good moisturizer. It's impossible for me to ignore the itching! It woud drive me mad!

Thanks guys. It stopped itching a few days ago after all my gross, old, dead skin fell off. (that sounded sexy, huh.)

1 person likes this