Photo

Differin Cream 0.1% Logs

differin adapalene acne mild to moderate logs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Hi, I have been using Adapalene (differin) cream, and have just joined Acne.org. I am starting late unfortunately, because I am starting day 15 today. As of now I have seen little to no improvement, but I have not experienced it making my skin any worse. My acne is mild-moderate, mostly blackheads and whiteheads, with about 3 inflammatory lesions (not too large, but decently sized.) In the past, I first tried Clearasil salicylic acid, with no improvement at all. I then tried Clearasil benzoyl peroxide, with no improvement at all. Then I went to the doctor and was prescribed Duac. (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) This also showed little to no improvement. So two weeks ago I went to the doctor and was prescribed Differin.

Feel free to comment with any suggestions or personal stories! I hope to log my differin progress at least twice a week for the remainder of treatment.

#2 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Surprisingly, my acne has improved since yesterday when I started this. Some blackheads are gone completely and the swelling on the inflammatory's is down slightly.

Day 16 on differin 0.1% cream.

Edited by Jakebakedacake, 28 January 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#3 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Ok so I am now past 3 weeks into treatment with differin, and my acne appears to be getting worse. Not a TON worse, but I see a lot of new little bumps that I feel could become pimples at any time. I hope this starts kicking in soon! As always, feel free to chime in with any personal stories or suggestions! Thanks :)

#4 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

Just completed my 4th week of differin treatment, and am headed into week #5. As of right now, my face seems better than last week, but still not much improvement. I really want this to work and I'm in it for the long haul. Anybody know what vitamins may help? Also is there a good spot treatment out there? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

#5 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Hi, I was on Differin 3% and it took awhile for it to work. I've used retinoids in the past but it does take 4-8 weeks or longer to see progress. To help me with my initial break out I was prescribed doxycycline. It has bad side effects so I stopped after 1 week. Luckily, the one week was good enough to clear it. Did you request antibiotics from your doctor?

#6 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

Hi Hapa, I haven't experienced much of an initial breakout...Yet. So I have not asked my doctor for any antibiotics. Did Differin end up working for you? If so about how long did it take?

Thanks!

#7 WilliamRickard

WilliamRickard

William Rickard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hey i am using Differin, its good stuff! I use a benzoyl peroxide wash, cleanser and exfoliated(for damaged skin) Its working, i didnt have an initial breakout, but it has stopped big cysts on the sides of my face which is great! Keep me update. :)

#8 HapaMommy

HapaMommy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi, I didn't have an initial outbreak (though purging is common) Every pore on my forehead was a pimple and it did takes about 3-4 weeks for it to clear up completely the first time. I continued to use the Differin for maintenance for a year. When I got pregnant I had to stop and after I had my baby I only used it for spot treatment and it worked for me.

After my second child I had stubborn acne on my forehead in the T-zone area. My doctor gave my Differin and there was no initial outbreak as well. To get a jump on my skin she did give me a months with of doxycycline and it cleared up within a week. I then stopped the doxy because it was so harsh on my digestive system. It's been two years and the Differin continues to work for me (though I feel it is not as strong as Retin-A which is what I used to use). I also suffer from PIH dark spots after my pimples heal so I use the Differin to help speed up the lightening process. It works but it does take time. As for now I continue to use it only as a spot treatment since my acne is under control. Please keep us up to date as to how well the meds are working for you. :)

#9 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Hi guys I just wanted to update you on my Differin progress. In the past few days, my skin has been improving steadily. It looks more natural, and smooth which I like. It also has some more color to it which is also good. I have even seen a reduction in blackheads and whiteheads, and maybe a small bit of the zits are receding as well. On saturday I will have completed 5 weeks of treatment, so I will give you another update then. Cheers!

Edited by Jakebakedacake, 15 February 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#10 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hey everyone. I just completed my 5th week of differin 0.1% treatment. I have mostly good news to report, but some confusion as well. First off, inflammatory lesions are still decreasing, as are the blackheads. But I have noticed on my nose, when looked at very closely, there are at least 50 tiny tiny tiny black spots. Almost as if they are individual clogged pores. Im not sure what these are, and now that I think of it they have always been there but I have not payed attention to them because there where far worse issues with my skin to worry about. Does anyone know what these could be? And will the differin fight these eventually? Also is there anything else I can do to speed up this process? Thanks!

#11 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Week 6 update: Still no major or significant changes in my skin. I have noticed many small, barely noticeable (unless you're looking for them) bumps that pop up, and then are gone in a day or two. These are white-heads, and occasionally blackheads. Also, every now and then a massive, inflamed whitehead will develop VERY rapidly (only taking about 8 hours to form). These are very frustrating, because I could go to bed and not see any sign of a new lesion, but wake up with a huge beaming one right on my cheek or nose. Fortunately I have only gotten about 3 or 4 of these since I began treatment with differin. So, really no improvement, but it also has not gotten any worse, which is fine by me. Differin says it takes 12 weeks to see full effects, so that means that I am half way through. Praying that this works soon, I want to be clear for graduation!

#12 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

Just completed week 7. Still no big changes, but a little better than last week. Not much to report at the moment. Does anyone know of a good spot treatment out there? Thanks!

#13 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:44 AM

Mid week-7 of treatment (day 53 to be exact) Still no huge changes, but I can see that my acne is going to finally loose the battle pretty soon; it seems to be on the defensive... From what I have read, starting at the 8 week mark, results should begin to show themselves. I will be there on day 56, which is 3 days from now. So then I only have 1/3rd of treatment left to go before I see full results... Or so they say. At least now I am past the part where it "builds up in your system" And "stops pimples from forming" By now I should start to see some real positive effects. I'll let you guys know how it goes, please comment with any personal stories about differin, I'm eager to hear what the final results are, and what others experiences have been... Thats all for now, I'll make another post at the 8 week mark.

#14 oiy123

oiy123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Just hang in there for a couple more weeks. You almost there.

#15 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yeah... I hope it works soon. I have tried sooooo many things and for some reason they just won't work... I hope differin destroys my acne once and for all. Does anyone know of a really good spot treatment?

#16 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

OK Officially 8 weeks completed. Still not celebrating, because two new inflamed spots have formed on my nose and cheek, but overall there has been some improvement. 8 weeks down, 4 weeks to go for full results. They say that it takes 8 weeks to start working, so now I'm there. 2/3rds down, only 1/3rd of treatment to go. Hopefully this part is where the reward is. The pot of gold over the red, inflamed rainbow. I'll let you guys know how it's going in a few days :)

#17 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Ugh. Just getting over another bad breakout that started last weekend... 5 big pustules. I popped them, and put Neosporin on them. This seemed to help a little bit. Anyway, STILL no significant changes. Hoping the this starts working soon... I'll have completed 9 weeks on saturday, that means only 3 weeks left until full results are supposedly reached. Im terrified that I will have done all of this for nothing...

#18 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Well I am past the 9 week mark now. My face looks somewhat better than last week. Id be happy, but I have noticed a new pimple developing about 1/2inch from my mouth to the right, which is frustrating... I thought differin was supposed to stop them from forming? Maybe. Maybe not. I'll have to wait and see. I'll update you guys again at the 10 week mark.

#19 arsenal2

arsenal2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

Well, i have had acne for years. I read a lot about the topic and used some products myself. I did the acne.org regimen for 3 years, with great but not perfect successes. But i wanted something else instead of the BP, which is irritating and drying even with lots of moisturzier. I just started the .1 differin gel. According to my derm its even better than BP.

I have some tips for you, you can try it or not. Maybe it helps. Use the differing (peasized) for your whole face, especially the parts with acne. Its really enough. After the differin please do not use spot treatment. I think its to irritating and it wont help differin to do its job. Only use a light oil free mois after differerin (15 min)f you feel you need it) I suggest in the morning wash your face with mild cleanser and after that use a spottreatment as Dan BP, or the AHA instead of the clearaslil. After that, use a moisturizer with at least spf 15 because of your increased chances for sunburn.

Oh and yes,
Dan explaines somewhere on this site the vitamins he uses. I think 30 mg Zinc gluconate, fish oil, vit d and multivit. Stop the vit a, magnesium and the rest..

Good luck!!

If the differin doesnt work well you can ask for a .3% strength or you may take doxcy. You also use a clinda/erythromicin gel (antibiotic) in the morning and the differin gel at night, so you dont have the side effects of oral medications!

Or you can try benzaclin, duac, epiduo, ziana etc.

In the end there is accutane..

#20 Jakebakedacake

Jakebakedacake

eggomyeggo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

Week 10, and I'm starting to see some results. I don't mean that everything is cleared, but even upon close inspection, I can't pinpoint any new spots that are forming into pimples. Some of the inflammatory lesions are starting to go away. Blackheads are still an issue, though. My nose is covered in little tiny black dots which look like they are lodged in pores. I have tried squeezing them out, one by one, which is somewhat helpful, but the fact is that some of them just won't come out, and the ones that do simply re-form in a day or two. But overall, I would say 10% improvement over last week. Any help with those blackheads is greatly appreciated!