Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Differin Cream 0.1% Logs

40 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been using Adapalene (differin) cream, and have just joined Acne.org. I am starting late unfortunately, because I am starting day 15 today. As of now I have seen little to no improvement, but I have not experienced it making my skin any worse. My acne is mild-moderate, mostly blackheads and whiteheads, with about 3 inflammatory lesions (not too large, but decently sized.) In the past, I first tried Clearasil salicylic acid, with no improvement at all. I then tried Clearasil benzoyl peroxide, with no improvement at all. Then I went to the doctor and was prescribed Duac. (clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide) This also showed little to no improvement. So two weeks ago I went to the doctor and was prescribed Differin.

Feel free to comment with any suggestions or personal stories! I hope to log my differin progress at least twice a week for the remainder of treatment.

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

While in shower, use Sumadan wash

Apply Cetaphil dermacontrol moisturizer

Spot treat if I am feeling OCD (lol)

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Take Solodyn (Minocycline)

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Surprisingly, my acne has improved since yesterday when I started this. Some blackheads are gone completely and the swelling on the inflammatory's is down slightly.

Day 16 on differin 0.1% cream.

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Ok so I am now past 3 weeks into treatment with differin, and my acne appears to be getting worse. Not a TON worse, but I see a lot of new little bumps that I feel could become pimples at any time. I hope this starts kicking in soon! As always, feel free to chime in with any personal stories or suggestions! Thanks :)

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Just completed my 4th week of differin treatment, and am headed into week #5. As of right now, my face seems better than last week, but still not much improvement. I really want this to work and I'm in it for the long haul. Anybody know what vitamins may help? Also is there a good spot treatment out there? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Hi, I was on Differin 3% and it took awhile for it to work. I've used retinoids in the past but it does take 4-8 weeks or longer to see progress. To help me with my initial break out I was prescribed doxycycline. It has bad side effects so I stopped after 1 week. Luckily, the one week was good enough to clear it. Did you request antibiotics from your doctor?

My Regimen - for Acne and PIH

(Cured Folliculitis! Began regimen 4 weeks ago and 100% clear of acne)

AM

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser

Elta MD UV Facial moisturizer

Acanya and Cloderm

Neutrogena Body Wash in shower

PM

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser

Ziana and Hydrocortisone Valerate

Oral meds: Acticlate (Doxycicline Hyclate)

Hi Hapa, I haven't experienced much of an initial breakout...Yet. So I have not asked my doctor for any antibiotics. Did Differin end up working for you? If so about how long did it take?

Thanks!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Hey i am using Differin, its good stuff! I use a benzoyl peroxide wash, cleanser and exfoliated(for damaged skin) Its working, i didnt have an initial breakout, but it has stopped big cysts on the sides of my face which is great! Keep me update. :)

100% Danné Montague King regime

AM-

2 DMK efa+

Acu-Klenz Acne Cleansing Gel

Acu-mist Rebalancing Gel

Beta Gel

Acu-Moist Moisturizing Lotion

TransDermal Sunblock

PM1- 1st alternate night

2 DMK efa+

Acu-mist Rebalancing Gel

Retison

PM2- 2nd alternate night

2 DMK efa+

Acu-mist Rebalancing Gel

Beta Gel

Extras

Acu-Moist Moisturizing Lotion

Acu Klear Acne Treatment Lotion

Contraderm

Acu-Therm Blemish Gel

Melanoplex Drops

Saturday nights only

Micro Peel 10 minutes

Acu Masque 20 minutes

Hi, I didn't have an initial outbreak (though purging is common) Every pore on my forehead was a pimple and it did takes about 3-4 weeks for it to clear up completely the first time. I continued to use the Differin for maintenance for a year. When I got pregnant I had to stop and after I had my baby I only used it for spot treatment and it worked for me.

After my second child I had stubborn acne on my forehead in the T-zone area. My doctor gave my Differin and there was no initial outbreak as well. To get a jump on my skin she did give me a months with of doxycycline and it cleared up within a week. I then stopped the doxy because it was so harsh on my digestive system. It's been two years and the Differin continues to work for me (though I feel it is not as strong as Retin-A which is what I used to use). I also suffer from PIH dark spots after my pimples heal so I use the Differin to help speed up the lightening process. It works but it does take time. As for now I continue to use it only as a spot treatment since my acne is under control. Please keep us up to date as to how well the meds are working for you. :)

My Regimen - for Acne and PIH

(Cured Folliculitis! Began regimen 4 weeks ago and 100% clear of acne)

AM

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser

Acanya and Cloderm

Neutrogena Body Wash in shower

PM

Cetaphil Daily Cleanser

Ziana and Hydrocortisone Valerate

Oral meds: Acticlate (Doxycicline Hyclate)

Hi guys I just wanted to update you on my Differin progress. In the past few days, my skin has been improving steadily. It looks more natural, and smooth which I like. It also has some more color to it which is also good. I have even seen a reduction in blackheads and whiteheads, and maybe a small bit of the zits are receding as well. On saturday I will have completed 5 weeks of treatment, so I will give you another update then. Cheers!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Hey everyone. I just completed my 5th week of differin 0.1% treatment. I have mostly good news to report, but some confusion as well. First off, inflammatory lesions are still decreasing, as are the blackheads. But I have noticed on my nose, when looked at very closely, there are at least 50 tiny tiny tiny black spots. Almost as if they are individual clogged pores. Im not sure what these are, and now that I think of it they have always been there but I have not payed attention to them because there where far worse issues with my skin to worry about. Does anyone know what these could be? And will the differin fight these eventually? Also is there anything else I can do to speed up this process? Thanks!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Week 6 update: Still no major or significant changes in my skin. I have noticed many small, barely noticeable (unless you're looking for them) bumps that pop up, and then are gone in a day or two. These are white-heads, and occasionally blackheads. Also, every now and then a massive, inflamed whitehead will develop VERY rapidly (only taking about 8 hours to form). These are very frustrating, because I could go to bed and not see any sign of a new lesion, but wake up with a huge beaming one right on my cheek or nose. Fortunately I have only gotten about 3 or 4 of these since I began treatment with differin. So, really no improvement, but it also has not gotten any worse, which is fine by me. Differin says it takes 12 weeks to see full effects, so that means that I am half way through. Praying that this works soon, I want to be clear for graduation!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Just completed week 7. Still no big changes, but a little better than last week. Not much to report at the moment. Does anyone know of a good spot treatment out there? Thanks!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Mid week-7 of treatment (day 53 to be exact) Still no huge changes, but I can see that my acne is going to finally loose the battle pretty soon; it seems to be on the defensive... From what I have read, starting at the 8 week mark, results should begin to show themselves. I will be there on day 56, which is 3 days from now. So then I only have 1/3rd of treatment left to go before I see full results... Or so they say. At least now I am past the part where it "builds up in your system" And "stops pimples from forming" By now I should start to see some real positive effects. I'll let you guys know how it goes, please comment with any personal stories about differin, I'm eager to hear what the final results are, and what others experiences have been... Thats all for now, I'll make another post at the 8 week mark.

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Yeah... I hope it works soon. I have tried sooooo many things and for some reason they just won't work... I hope differin destroys my acne once and for all. Does anyone know of a really good spot treatment?

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

OK Officially 8 weeks completed. Still not celebrating, because two new inflamed spots have formed on my nose and cheek, but overall there has been some improvement. 8 weeks down, 4 weeks to go for full results. They say that it takes 8 weeks to start working, so now I'm there. 2/3rds down, only 1/3rd of treatment to go. Hopefully this part is where the reward is. The pot of gold over the red, inflamed rainbow. I'll let you guys know how it's going in a few days :)

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Ugh. Just getting over another bad breakout that started last weekend... 5 big pustules. I popped them, and put Neosporin on them. This seemed to help a little bit. Anyway, STILL no significant changes. Hoping the this starts working soon... I'll have completed 9 weeks on saturday, that means only 3 weeks left until full results are supposedly reached. Im terrified that I will have done all of this for nothing...

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Well I am past the 9 week mark now. My face looks somewhat better than last week. Id be happy, but I have noticed a new pimple developing about 1/2inch from my mouth to the right, which is frustrating... I thought differin was supposed to stop them from forming? Maybe. Maybe not. I'll have to wait and see. I'll update you guys again at the 10 week mark.

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Well, i have had acne for years. I read a lot about the topic and used some products myself. I did the acne.org regimen for 3 years, with great but not perfect successes. But i wanted something else instead of the BP, which is irritating and drying even with lots of moisturzier. I just started the .1 differin gel. According to my derm its even better than BP.

I have some tips for you, you can try it or not. Maybe it helps. Use the differing (peasized) for your whole face, especially the parts with acne. Its really enough. After the differin please do not use spot treatment. I think its to irritating and it wont help differin to do its job. Only use a light oil free mois after differerin (15 min)f you feel you need it) I suggest in the morning wash your face with mild cleanser and after that use a spottreatment as Dan BP, or the AHA instead of the clearaslil. After that, use a moisturizer with at least spf 15 because of your increased chances for sunburn.

Oh and yes,

Dan explaines somewhere on this site the vitamins he uses. I think 30 mg Zinc gluconate, fish oil, vit d and multivit. Stop the vit a, magnesium and the rest..

Good luck!!

If the differin doesnt work well you can ask for a .3% strength or you may take doxcy. You also use a clinda/erythromicin gel (antibiotic) in the morning and the differin gel at night, so you dont have the side effects of oral medications!

Or you can try benzaclin, duac, epiduo, ziana etc.

In the end there is accutane..

1 person likes this

Week 10, and I'm starting to see some results. I don't mean that everything is cleared, but even upon close inspection, I can't pinpoint any new spots that are forming into pimples. Some of the inflammatory lesions are starting to go away. Blackheads are still an issue, though. My nose is covered in little tiny black dots which look like they are lodged in pores. I have tried squeezing them out, one by one, which is somewhat helpful, but the fact is that some of them just won't come out, and the ones that do simply re-form in a day or two. But overall, I would say 10% improvement over last week. Any help with those blackheads is greatly appreciated!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

Hey Guys,

Let me cut this short, I always thought the Isotrex didnt work on my skin, up until a few days ago when I looked at my pics that I took in December last year and compared them to how my skin now looks. The Ixotrex has actually cleared up my skin (I always thought it didnt) hence why the doctor prescribed me Differin. So the dilemma is shall I continue to use the Differin, or stop using it and go back on the Isotrex?

I would include pics of before and after but I cant :/

Thanks smile.png xxx

Hey Guys,

Let me cut this short, I always thought the Isotrex didnt work on my skin, up until a few days ago when I looked at my pics that I took in December last year and compared them to how my skin now looks. The Ixotrex has actually cleared up my skin (I always thought it didnt) hence why the doctor prescribed me Differin. So the dilemma is shall I continue to use the Differin, or stop using it and go back on the Isotrex?

I would include pics of before and after but I cant :/

Thanks smile.png xxx

Isotrex contains isotretinoin, the same active ingredient as Accutane Roche, and an antioxidant. Differin's active ingredient is Adapalene. Both of these compounds are classified as topical retinoids, and both take 12 weeks to see full effects. And yes, it really does take 12 weeks. How long did you use the Isotrex for, and when did you stop? How long have you been using differin?

Best of luck!

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin

Night Time Supplements

Multivitamin

hey.

Im just on my second week of differin 0.1%

My derm put me on Tetralysal and Differin. I started the tetralysal 2 weeks before the differin ( i had some seborrhoeic dermatitis to get rid of first).

My first day of differin gave me a horrible outbreak (dont know if it was from the 2 weeks of antibiotics or the 1 day of differin).

right now, im exactly 2 weeks on differin ( 4 weeks on tetralysal). Ive experiences a pretty awful "purge" or outbreak the last 2 weeks ive been on differin. Its really one of the worst breakouts ive ever had in my 8 years of acne. Im trying to brave through it and the outbreak seems to be slowing (fingers crossed) and people claim that good results are to come.

My acne is only around my mouth/chin/jawline , and i only get white-heads that surface pretty easily.

Has anyone else had a similar initial breakout/purge?

Im hoping that my acne isnt as "deep" as cystic acne, and that this means my IB will be short lived. ill keep at it anyway, i know theres a long way to go before decent results.

Hi - I hope you don't think what I'm going to say is too negative - it's just the experience that I have had. I recently completed a course of Accutane, but before that I was on the combination of Tetralysal and Differin. The Tetralysal did absolutely nothing for me at all and though the Differin really improved the texture of my skin I still experienced a continuous and awful breakout that resulted in me taking Accutane. I was on the Tetralysal for aprox 5 months and the Differin for 4.

The thing that I wish I had stuck at and feel would really have worked had I given it time was the combination of Differin in the morning and Duac (topical antibiotic + 5% bp) in the evening. I gave up far too soon because of the burning sensation from the Duac which I now realise was probably made much worse because of the other products I was layering it with. When I gave up my skin was becoming very smooth and my breakouts were down to about one or two spots at a time.

There is also a topical retinoid called Epiduo which combines Adapalene (differin) and 2.5% bp - it sounds extremely effective. BP is very good at killing the acne bp and clearing congestion.

My experience is that Differin needs quite a powerful anti-bacterial product to combine with to make it really work.

Roaccutane course completed 19th February 2012

Roison- Just so you know, Differin is supposed to be applied at night, not in the morning, because it increases one's sensitivity to light. Does anyone have any experience with Biose blackhead removal pads? Thanks.

My face is slowly getting better. For now, at least.

My Regimen

Morning

Shower

Night

Shower

Apply Ziana

Morning Supplements

Multivitamin