Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a cold

cool, I can add a poll to this thread   3 votes

1. 1. cool, I can add a poll to this thread

• apples
    • oranges
    • bananas
    • peaches

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Thank god I have no classes tomorrow, but by Friday, I don't want to be sick anymore!

I am eating chicken soup and drinking lots of water and tea.

What else can I do?

Elevate your body temperature. Sleep with plenty of blankets. Sweat it out. It works for me.

"Umka" drops. Put them in your food, drink, or take them straight. You can find it in health food stores. One ml 3 times a day. It always shortens the duration/lessens the symptoms for me.

Feel better!

When I have a cold I usually sleep more, drink lots of water, drink lots of tea, eat chewable vitamin C and lastly I have echinacea 4 times a day... (that stuff rocks)

I used take a crap load of vit. C, some zinc and like someone said above raise my body temp.(usually by eating hot peppers in something).

I just came back from the store, got vitamin C, Echanecia, Sudafed 24 hour. That's what the pharmacist suggested.

try drinking lots of water, sleeping a lot, and RUN. For some reason running always helps me feel better. It doesnt have to be that long..maybe just 1 mile. It also makes u sneeze more, getting a lot of the infected snot out.

You know what fights off common colds? Your immune system.

Think of vitamins that are immune boosters: Vitamin C, r-ALA (since it increases levels of vitamin c in the body), and zinc.

If you choose vitamin c, use "ester c" - it is lipid and water soluable, which is not the case for ascorbic acid.

If the going gets really tough, you can take psuedophedrine on occassion to relieve runny nose.

Thanks for the replies, I'm feeling much better now; Did a lot of sweating yesterday, in combination with vitamin C, echanacea, Sudafed.