Photo

Preferance For Girls With Acne.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Yes and I am not the only one, I know more than a few men who LOVE women with acne Posted Image , we personally think it's beautiful and shows a lot of character, something that says "I'm human", to me, it's beautiful. With my own personal bout with acne (which is thankfully over) I've developed a profound respect for those who have acne, but don't let it cripple all aspects of their lives, and this applies to men too (all homo)

So this thread, as pointless as it may seem, is just here so that you can say that I am one of the MANY people who don't see acne as a contributing factor in finding a person attractive/beautiful. Posted Image

Mods- I know this isn't a dating site and I apologise, this is the only place where I can vent this out Posted Image please don't ban me.

"Long hair makes a good looking man, beautiful and an ugly man fierce"

#2 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

That's awesome to hear that you don't care about, or rather prefer, women with acne :) Honestly, it makes me feel a lot better about my imperfect skin. And I honestly feel the same way about guys with acne. I barely even notice if they have acne (or if I do, it's not a "OH MY GOD SO DISGUSTING" thing, more like a "oh, they have some skin problems but they'll clear up eventually" thing). I've found countless guys with acne cute or attractive. It really isn't a make or break thing for me at all. And I hope it's like that for most other people too!

[CURRENT REGIMEN]

AM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (European version) + Clarisonic Mia

Apply CeraVe AM Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

Apply Aczone (dapsone) 

PM:

Wash with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel + Clarisonic Mia
Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizer 
Apply Epiduo (adapalene + benzoyl peroxide)
50 mg of Spironolactone 

[CURRENT STATUS]
90% clear

#3 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

Awe ;)
I'm glad that there are a few men out there that aren't superficial and see past the acne.
I think it's amazing and you are more than welcome to vent your emotions out. People like me like to read what others think and how they handle there situation with acne and how they perceive others with acne.
I don't think less of a man or a woman just because they're cursed with awful zits and scars. On the contrary I find them to be beautiful regardless of there imperfections.
I once had a crush on one of my associates who had a lot of acne but still was super cute and at this time I had clear skin but he never really pursued me so I gave up. However, the point I'm trying to make is that I did not care about his acne I saw beyond it . Until this day I still find him attractive with his acne(that's still there)

#4 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

I fully understand how you feel @snsdgirl 14, it isn't and shouldn't be, a make or break deal at all. Take people as they are, and appreciate them for their imperfections :)

I don't think less of a man or a woman just because they're cursed with awful zits and scars. On the contrary I find them to be beautiful regardless of there imperfections.

I agree, especially with this, it takes a person with depth (such as yourself) to be able to see that there is more to a person than their physical appearance (though I look for girls with acne :D) and when people are able to look from the inside-out, rather than vice-versa, it proves that there are still genuine people out there, willing to base a relationship, be it friendship or love, on the aspects that make relationships, fulfilling and worthwhile in the long-run. Smile people Posted Image

#5 teahbaby

teahbaby

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

i love this. i never had breakouts til this year and i will admit once i got them, my self esteem went right out the door. i always feel like "what man is going to look at me?" its horrible. nice to know there are REAL guys out there and can look past a women's imperfections on the outside! more men need to be like this!

#6 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

I wouldn't single it out one way or the other to be honest. On that basis, I wouldn't choose someone because they had acne as I'd see that as being on a par with not choosing someone because they had acne. Either way, I'd feel like I was making a decision based on how their skin looked, I will however say that I do think acne can add something to a person, depending on how they cope with it. I can think of at least a few girls here who seem more attractive to me because they lead happy and confident lives and do what they please, despite their acne. I'm the polar opposite so that degree of confidence is unquantifiably attractive to me.

I must admit that I have wondered where I would stand on the situation had I never experienced acne. It's perhaps a safe bet that I'd be pretty superficial about it because I'm pretty sure that my acceptance of acne on others and indeed my ability to look beyond it was formed purely because of the empathy and understanding gained during my own battles with acne. I suppose it's irrelevant now because the main thing is that I have those qualities which, in theory, make me a better person should I eventually manage to be brave enough to put myself out there.

In terms of being in a relationship with someone, something such as acne is trivial and totally insignificant. I'd imagine that if two people get to that point in terms of how they feel about each other on a physical level and as a partnership, something like acne would mean nothing at all. The problem comes when you have to put yourself out there in order to meet someone in the first place and get to that stage with them because, to me at least, it would feel like an almost insurmountable to get around the confidence and self-esteem issues caused by acne.

The biggest frustrations with acne, I think, regardless of the severity, is indeed the ability it has to damage confidence and self-esteem if a person lets it get to them. By definition, acne is a physical imperfection and so it's extremely easy to think that people will struggle to see beyond that imperfection, especially where first impressions are concerned. That's something I definitely struggle with, to the point that I will attempt to avoid pretty much anyone and everyone for fear of what their first impression may be. The fear I have there is still in place even when my skin's good and when it's not so good or if I even just the odd pimple, that fear comes flooding back and I'll bail and hide away.
This weekend's a perfect example of that for me - I was supposed to be meeting up with a girl tonight but my anxieties about stepping so far out of my comfort zone and the stress that brought has evidently made me break out a bit this week. In a panic, I made it all worse. It's not so bad now in truth but in my mind the damage is done and I just feel too insecure and lacking in confidence to be able to go along and make a good impression. Massive vicious cycle there and one I'll never break unless I can be display a bit of bravery, but the fears I have with regards to the first impressions others have of me - especially meeting girls in those situations - are massive, to the point where it seems safer not to try. That gets harder as more time passes, it seems.
I suppose the irony could be that there are lots of girls out there who are seeking guys who look beyond acne, but they struggle to find them because those guys are struggling to put themselves out there too for the very same reasons, and vice versa.

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#7 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

I wouldn't single it out one way or the other to be honest. On that basis, I wouldn't choose someone because they had acne as I'd see that as being on a par with not choosing someone because they had acne. Either way, I'd feel like I was making a decision based on how their skin looked, I will however say that I do think acne can add something to a person, depending on how they cope with it. I can think of at least a few girls here who seem more attractive to me because they lead happy and confident lives and do what they please, despite their acne. I'm the polar opposite so that degree of confidence is unquantifiably attractive to me.

I must admit that I have wondered where I would stand on the situation had I never experienced acne. It's perhaps a safe bet that I'd be pretty superficial about it because I'm pretty sure that my acceptance of acne on others and indeed my ability to look beyond it was formed purely because of the empathy and understanding gained during my own battles with acne. I suppose it's irrelevant now because the main thing is that I have those qualities which, in theory, make me a better person should I eventually manage to be brave enough to put myself out there.

In terms of being in a relationship with someone, something such as acne is trivial and totally insignificant. I'd imagine that if two people get to that point in terms of how they feel about each other on a physical level and as a partnership, something like acne would mean nothing at all. The problem comes when you have to put yourself out there in order to meet someone in the first place and get to that stage with them because, to me at least, it would feel like an almost insurmountable to get around the confidence and self-esteem issues caused by acne.

The biggest frustrations with acne, I think, regardless of the severity, is indeed the ability it has to damage confidence and self-esteem if a person lets it get to them. By definition, acne is a physical imperfection and so it's extremely easy to think that people will struggle to see beyond that imperfection, especially where first impressions are concerned. That's something I definitely struggle with, to the point that I will attempt to avoid pretty much anyone and everyone for fear of what their first impression may be. The fear I have there is still in place even when my skin's good and when it's not so good or if I even just the odd pimple, that fear comes flooding back and I'll bail and hide away.
This weekend's a perfect example of that for me - I was supposed to be meeting up with a girl tonight but my anxieties about stepping so far out of my comfort zone and the stress that brought has evidently made me break out a bit this week. In a panic, I made it all worse. It's not so bad now in truth but in my mind the damage is done and I just feel too insecure and lacking in confidence to be able to go along and make a good impression. Massive vicious cycle there and one I'll never break unless I can be display a bit of bravery, but the fears I have with regards to the first impressions others have of me - especially meeting girls in those situations - are massive, to the point where it seems safer not to try. That gets harder as more time passes, it seems.
I suppose the irony could be that there are lots of girls out there who are seeking guys who look beyond acne, but they struggle to find them because those guys are struggling to put themselves out there too for the very same reasons, and vice versa.

As always, I really do appreciate your input Paul, I had to equip my reading monocle for this Posted Image . I wouldn't choose a girl based on whether she has acne as, as you said, that'd be the same as not picking a girl who has acne. However, I have to be honest with myself and say that a girl with acne, I find, is 200x more attractive than if I saw a girl with clear skin. I (and quite a few others I spoke to in the gym) find it 'different' yet 'beautiful' whilst representing a multitude of things such as common ground (for me specifically) and confidence you have to respect (the men I spoke to) . Tattoos, piercings, body modification, you could call those acquired tastes, just like having a preferance for girls with acne, but I will say that it's more common than you may think, just too many men/boys don't mention it (when they actually don't mind/prefer it) because their shallow friends would ridicule them for it.

I often wondered what my stance on such a topic would be, had I not endured acne. Any opinion I give now may seem biased, but I'll go ahead and say that I would've developed into the same man that I am today, considering the fact that before I had acne, my girlfriend at the time was suffering with it, and I loved her even more for it, we're still best friends now, she's still suffering but I still rate her a 20/10 because, as a whole person (appearance included) she's that amazing. (I hope she never reads that though, she'll be smug for eternity Posted Image )

Yeah I agree, when it comes to a relationship, be it friendship/love, should be a trivial matter, although that's no always the case, it's all relative to each relationship really. It could be dire to the acne sufferer, it could be trivial to the partner of the sufferer or vice-versa e.g some people enter a relationship with clear skin, develop acne and then their partners see them as less attractive, sad but true. If you did manage to find a partner who is truly blind to such things or even better, appreciates it, hold onto them. I for one am one of those people, hence this thread Posted Image. It's always difficult to conquer your fears, but that's where my profound respect stems from, those who aren't shackled by acne, those who can and will show their confidence, regardless of it.

I understand what you're saying in the last paragraph, in fact I relate to it completely. Believe me, if I had a worthwhile answer for this recurring dilemna, I would share it with everyone, but I don't. The only thing I can say is, surround yourself with good friends and good people, stop looking for what you DON'T like about yourself and find those many things that you DO like about yourself. Finally a Japanese proverb states that "Fear is only as deep as the mind allows". Conciously alter the way your mind works, realise that there is certainly more to yourself and people, than what's on your skin, exude your brilliance, force your character through the fears and I think, in time, you'll be able to destroy those negative thoughts or even supress them to a point where you can either; ignore it or convert it into something humerous e.g "Look at the size of that spot on my forehead, I guess unicorns do exist Posted Image "

Posted Image

Edited by Lee1234, 28 January 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#8 Empty Inside

Empty Inside

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

wow, what do you know, someone on an acne site claiming they are attracted to people with acne. no, red, bleeding volcanos all over someone's face is not "beautiful" no matter how many times you tell yourself that. and for every 1 person that does have acne and doesn't mind it as much on other people there's a million more that dont have acne and find it hidious.

#9 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

wow, what do you know, someone on an acne site claiming they are attracted to people with acne. no, red, bleeding volcanos all over someone's face is not "beautiful" no matter how many times you tell yourself that. and for every 1 person that does have acne and doesn't mind it as much on other people there's a million more that dont have acne and find it hidious.

Thank you for your opinion but you can't convince me otherwise, you don't agree with me, fair enough. I can say with certainty (because after all, I know what I'm thinking) that I find it attractive, I don't need to "tell" myself anything. In regards to that "1 million more that don't have acne and find it hidious" as you say, I don't know those people, nor do I care to, the people who I need to know are the people who aren't so shallow as to judge someone elses misfortune as "hidious". Respect for posting your opinion though.

#10 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yes and I am not the only one, I know more than a few men who LOVE women with acne Posted Image , we personally think it's beautiful and shows a lot of character, something that says "I'm human", to me, it's beautiful. With my own personal bout with acne (which is thankfully over) I've developed a profound respect for those who have acne, but don't let it cripple all aspects of their lives, and this applies to men too (all homo)

So this thread, as pointless as it may seem, is just here so that you can say that I am one of the MANY people who don't see acne as a contributing factor in finding a person attractive/beautiful. Posted Image

Mods- I know this isn't a dating site and I apologise, this is the only place where I can vent this out Posted Image please don't ban me.

I think when I see men or women with beautiful skin, I admire it, and well, I am glad someone has better skin then me. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

i love this. i never had breakouts til this year and i will admit once i got them, my self esteem went right out the door. i always feel like "what man is going to look at me?" its horrible. nice to know there are REAL guys out there and can look past a women's imperfections on the outside! more men need to be like this!

Your actually really pretty. I would not think twice about approaching you and acne wouldn't stop me from that. It sucks and I imagine that, girls would feel this so much harder and worse. I know had self conscious I am so, it sucks but, as a man, as a guy, we aren't suppose to let it bug us. It is difficult cause, we are still expected to approach you girls, and it sucks to cause, girls give out numbers, and waste our times too. I prefer if your not interested, be honest about it then, waste my time. Any way, don't let it get you down but, get help before scars happen. There is no going back from that.

Edited by mrjarjarbinks77, 28 January 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#11 jjballer22

jjballer22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

lol how is acne attractive? i wouldn't put that against a girl if she had it, if she was pretty and right for me i'd date her...but it sounds silly that you'd date a girl because she has acne? what if she was still a total bitch?

#12 fplix

fplix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:22 AM

Yeah, I like girls with a bit of acne and scarring. It really gives their face a certain character and exoticness. It definitely makes them more sexy to me. It makes the girl more cute, like freckling.

#13 Lee1234

Lee1234

Wanderer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:46 AM

lol how is acne attractive? i wouldn't put that against a girl if she had it, if she was pretty and right for me i'd date her...but it sounds silly that you'd date a girl because she has acne? what if she was still a total bitch?

Thank you for posting Posted Image I never said I'd date a girl because she has acne. Based on a first impression basis, acne on a woman (to me and many others) is attractive and represents a lot, she may be "a total bitch" but then to each their own but in most cases, acne has a humbling effect and I've yet to meet someone with Acne, who was a **** or a "bitch"

Yeah, I like girls with a bit of acne and scarring. It really gives their face a certain character and exoticness. It definitely makes them more sexy to me. It makes the girl more cute, like freckling.

I agree with you totally man Posted Image

Edited by Lee1234, 30 January 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#14 jjballer22

jjballer22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

whatever floats your boat

#15 A damsel in Distress

A damsel in Distress

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Lee1234: You are a rare and special guy! This made me smilePosted Image I love what "fplix" said: "a certain character and exoticness". Made my day! That's what i'm going to think about everytime I look in the mirror todayPosted Image
They judge by the way we look, but what they dont get is...The covers not quite like the book

#16 EffThis

EffThis

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

I have to say that as a completely cynical self-admitted superficial son-of-bitch - from a physical perspective - acne is not an attractive trait on a girl. For me that's mostly to do with my own issues with acne & my conceited personality - but I generally assume most people without acne have the same senile perspective for the most part, being that I used to have regular discussions/'guy talk' about these things with all the 'players' in school. However, if the girl is attractive to you in terms of other assets, whether it be an amazing smile or those gorgeous eyes or that awesome rack or a banging bod, then that can definitely trump the acne & make it a non-issue. Just like her personality probably would do once you get to know her. & girls are always free to use ridiculous amounts of make up anyway so unless it's really severe they can generally get away with it - I should know since I used to slap on foundation myself & most people wouldn't even notice unless it was in the right light or a particularly bad day for me.

Funny though, cause I always had a thing for the outspoken bitches & those with slutty reputations as they usually tend to be superficial upon first impression, yet brutally honest (in a good way) & even kinda sweet at heart; just like myself lol. The witty feisty opinionated ones that loved to engage in verbal sparring always got to me for some reason...guess I just enjoyed a good flirt if you know what I mean...

But I've certainly been humbled by things in the last few months so I'm not even sure what my idea of an ideal girl is anymore...besides Kate Beckinsale obviously since she's a catsuit-clad goddess Posted Image

I know where you're coming from though..I think the idea of them understanding your own similar struggles is an obvious plus as it gets rid of most of the potential awkwardness I guess. But to me it seems that's nothing to do with appearance, more a certain relatability & shared experience that provides mutual respect for one another at first impression. It might even just be the comfort in knowing they can probably look straight past all of your physical flaws without a second thought, which takes a lot of the pressure off things.

Interesting story though. I actually went out with a girl when I was 14/15 who was my first. She probably had worse acne than me to be honest & wore a lot more make up than I did at the time - but even so I was able to look past that just fine since she was regarded as one of fittest chicks around & was the most notoriously popular in my year in that sense. Your typical blonde barbie-esque type slut (although she wasn't really..yet). She had nice tits & a tight bod as well. & despite being a guy fully in tune with the transparency of make up since I had to slap it on every morning myself, I barely noticed her skin at all when I was around her.

& I have to say I really got on well with her, even beyond our usual physical activities. We had a hell of a lot of fun together just talking & being silly rebellious teens & I still reminisce about those times. I have no idea to this day though whether she actually knew I was fucking her with a full face of make up on or not since my acne wasn't that bad back then (pretty much purely PIH marks) & I hadn't been called out on it by anyone yet at that point - but maybe that relateable connection had something to do with us being so comfortable with each other since we didn't worry about our skin so much. At the time I was certainly trying to hide my acne & was fully aware of that, but maybe she didn't feel like she had to be so perfect around me because of it. I don't know. But it's weird to think about it now because I never really did back then...must find out some day ha

Edited by EffThis, 01 February 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#17 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

It isn't but it is in the sense, you like or love someone so, even the silly things they do, the things they maybe self conscious about, you like, and love about them. It is what makes them unique. Seal and Hedi Klum were a good example till more recently.

#18 omarcomin

omarcomin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've only ever known two girls with fairly bad acne that i can remember. One was recently and she was attracive enough but she was a bit of a phsyco so that was what made her unattractive not her acne. The other was some years ago and she was beautiful, I would have gone out with her in a second, would i have like her if i had never had acne? who cares! i have it and i found her attractive so it dosen't matter. I would be lying if i said i didn't notice her bad acne but that was momentary and i saw past it. I wouldn't date a girl just because she has acne when there are looks and personality to take into consideraition but i certainly wouldn't NOT date a girl because she had acne. Maybe that's because i have had to deal with it but i know that if i woke up with perfect skin tomorrow and met a pretty girl with clear skin who was a bitch and an equally pretty girl with acne but a nice personality then i would choose the latter.

#19 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

I've only ever known two girls with fairly bad acne that i can remember. One was recently and she was attracive enough but she was a bit of a phsyco so that was what made her unattractive not her acne. The other was some years ago and she was beautiful, I would have gone out with her in a second, would i have like her if i had never had acne? who cares! i have it and i found her attractive so it dosen't matter. I would be lying if i said i didn't notice her bad acne but that was momentary and i saw past it. I wouldn't date a girl just because she has acne when there are looks and personality to take into consideraition but i certainly wouldn't NOT date a girl because she had acne. Maybe that's because i have had to deal with it but i know that if i woke up with perfect skin tomorrow and met a pretty girl with clear skin who was a bitch and an equally pretty girl with acne but a nice personality then i would choose the latter.

I think to some extent, we are all a bit crazy, and some are even more then others. When you get depressed, anti social, and hide away from the world, you get fixated on some of the noise in your head. The limiting beliefs and negativity can really take control of a person or even ruin someone. Personality definitely matters.

#20 FrankPlk

FrankPlk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

I complely concur with Cat Commander-猫司令官: I too think that women with acne are more attractive (on average). Acne and/or acne scars makes their face much more special and lovely.
And many men think so, even if many won't admit it because they don't want to sound strange. But in reality, we are all fed up with the "flawless girl" image that magazines promote!