oily skin vitamin b vitamin b5

3 replies to this topic

#1 nighttimeguy

nighttimeguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Welp, I've lurked on these forums for a while now and figured I might as well say something about the only thing that has ever worked to curb (not completely but I'd say about 90%) my oily skin.

I've tried a lot of the things... creams, lotions, soaps....actually, no, sorry, there is one other thing that worked for me and that was vitamin b5. I've stopped choking that down though because I believe it started thinning my hair in a few places. Otherwise, b5 was great for me.

I'll try to keep it short. Basically my skin reacts to my diet. Junk food and fast food makes me look like I'm sweating baby oil. I'm a dark skinned black person so you can imagine what that looks like - patent leather, basically.

Recently, I decided to completely mop up my diet. I only drank water. Lots and LOTS of fruits and veggies. Rice. Beans. Spinach and other green leaves.... basically, I ate NOTHING with any type of fat or oil in it. This wasn't too hard for me because I've always wanted to do it but I understand it might be a difficult thing for others to do.

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that my oily skin reduced by what I'd say was probably 90%. Oh, I also worked out daily. Cardio to burn off the fats in my body. My skin was practically singing because of this diet. As far as washing, I only washed at night with Cetaphil or a gentle scrub, then moisturized with jojoba oil and or Emu oil before going to sleep. In the mornings, I would just keep my face under the showerhead for about 3-4 minutes, essentially using only water to clear off the night's moisturizer.

This worked for me unbelievably. But now because of a situation where my bills have come up to my eyes I've had to go back to cheap junk food. My pores are having oil orgasms and 24hr oil orgies these days. Let me tell you... I CAN NOT WAIT till I can get back on my clean diet and work outs!!!

Because this (and b5) is the only thing that soothes my oily skin, I figured maybe it could work for others also. But like I said, for a lot of people, a diet that strict won't be easy. Especially when you're with friends and they're kicked back drinking cups of sugar (soda) and eating slabs of grease (pizza).

Okay, so this wasn't so short.

#2 DesiAngel

DesiAngel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Try to learn how to cook healthy and hearty meals.
You don't always have to have pizza with your friends.
You can make food and invite them over.

Also if you buy things on sale and in bulk, it actually does not cost THAT much more.

I'm glad you have found a correlation with your diet and acne.

#3 nighttimeguy

nighttimeguy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'll definitely try buying in bulk. I need that normal skin back.

#4 mystril

mystril

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

congratulations. glad you are doing well.

i started the same diet only to fallback into the high GI crap food for 2-3 times. Oily Skin returned.

Be careful when you think your Skin can do with 4 slices of grease. The next day, WHAM.

The worst thing is that the increased oiliness doesn't recedes till days or weeks. So be extra careful on that.
[sig-img:34]

About Myself
Male 21 in Hot & Humid Climate
Severe Acne (in the Genes)
Did 1.5 Accutane Course. Failed Miserably.
Did (see below). Acne recessed. End of Story.

Currently
Waiting to Dermarolling during College's Break.

List Updated on: March 2012
Wai Diet Cured Me

Current Supplements
Caution to Multi-Vitamins. Take only those that you need. Take most from Real Food.

Avoid-List
-

Embrace List
Fruits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users