Photo

How I Cured My Acne (W/o Medication Or Drugs)

thiamine riboflavin niacin zinc selenium probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
131 replies to this topic

#41 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'm so surprised you mentioned to cut out starchy vegetables like peas, i have been eating peas for a while now and always wondered if it was doing anything..

But i wanna ask you something...is your meat, fish and eggs that you eat organic? Do you think it matters? And how do you cook your vegetables?

I always stir fry my vegetables but now i am thinking of just steaming them so they are more healthy.
I just cut out grains and dairy from my diet completely...I hope i see a difference.

#42 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'm so surprised you mentioned to cut out starchy vegetables like peas, i have been eating peas for a while now and always wondered if it was doing anything..

Hi Jenny,

Yeah, starchy vegetables gets converted into sugar. Beats, Carrots, Corn, White Potatoes, Peas, Parsnip are some common culprits. People love these vegetabables because they're sweet, and they taste good! Brocolli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Cabbage are some examples of excellent veggies to eat.

But i wanna ask you something...is your meat, fish and eggs that you eat organic? Do you think it matters?

Yes, I try to buy organic food. Some companies who claim to be 'organic' can be quite deceptive though. Many egg brands claim to be organic, but in reality they're just the same as normal eggs. This website rates different types of organic egg brands. http://www.cornucopi...-egg-scorecard/

I always stir fry my vegetables but now i am thinking of just steaming them so they are more healthy.

That would be a good move. Stir frying isn't really good. Frying any food isn't really good unfortunately. Steaming is the best way to cook your vegetables. Just a light steam though, careful not to overcook them.

I just cut out grains and dairy from my diet completely...I hope i see a difference.

Let me know how it goes! I also advise to supplement with your EFA's, probiotics, and vitamins/minerals if you aren't already. Good luck!

Edited by overfl00d, 18 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#43 Jenny P

Jenny P

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hi Jenny,

Yeah, starchy vegetables gets converted into sugar. Beats, Carrots, Corn, White Potatoes, Peas, Parsnip are some common culprits. People love these vegetabables because they're sweet, and they taste good! Brocolli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Cabbage are some examples of excellent veggies to eat.

But i wanna ask you something...is your meat, fish and eggs that you eat organic? Do you think it matters?

Yes, I try to buy organic food. Some companies who claim to be 'organic' can be quite deceptive though. Many egg brands claim to be organic, but in reality they're just the same as normal eggs. This website rates different types of organic egg brands. http://www.cornucopi...-egg-scorecard/

That would be a good move. Stir frying isn't really good. Frying any food isn't really good unfortunately. Steaming is the best way to cook your vegetables. Just a light steam though, careful not to overcook them.

Let me know how it goes! I also advise to supplement with your EFA's, probiotics, and vitamins/minerals if you aren't already. Good luck!

Thanks..hopefully when I find a job i can afford the extra stuff. But for now I am gonna try to work with what I have.

You say carrots are starchy? I didn't know that...I knew they had a lot of sugar in them though. I am gonna cut them out of my diet though just to be sure.

Sometimes I get organic eggs but i don't have a job right now so im just gonna get the regular. I spent all my money on acne products : / haha

But i will give this diet thing 3 months so hopefully I will see a change in my acne!

#44 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:21 AM

Good luck! Just remember everyone reacts differently to different foods. The common intolerant ones are Eggs, Soy, Nuts, and Dairy. Make a diary and record all the food you eat. If you get bloated, gassy, upset stomach, ect. within hours of eating a food that means you probably can not tolerate that food.

Edited by overfl00d, 19 May 2012 - 02:43 AM.

#45 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thought this post was interesting relating Acne and its history. http://www.acne.org/...65#entry3215765

#46 Stosstruppen

Stosstruppen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I did exactly this eating only fruits vegetables chicken eggs meat and water plus zinc and other minerals and vitamins and I saw little improvement in my acne... the only thing that cleared was accutane, i have mild acne

#47 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I did exactly this eating only fruits vegetables chicken eggs meat and water plus zinc and other minerals and vitamins and I saw little improvement in my acne... the only thing that cleared was accutane, i have mild acne

So are you saying you did this a long time ago then went on Accutane? And you went on Accutane for mild acne?? Sorry to hear you had to do that!

You see, it takes time for your body to heal itself. You can't expect a magic 1 week cure. There are no magic cures - Not even Accutane. Accutane is a poison. Literally it is: it's how your body processes it. Accutane is the worst thing you can do for acne, I'm sorry to say and here's why:

Accutane is only masking the symptom of acne. There are a lot more deeper, internal issues percolating within the body. It's not just an excess of sebum being excreted by your oil glands - That's just a symptom. It's a lot more in-depth than that. All Accutane is doing is shutting down the oil producing glands which is just putting a piece of tape over the check engine light - So to say. People who have taken Accutane are going to be suffering much worse degenerative diseases down the road, because they didn't solve the cause. Not to mention the horrendous side effects that happen while taking or shortly after taking the drug. Many people lose their hair, some commit suicide, horrendous birth defects (even years after taking the drugs), liver damage, Chron's disease, and much much more. And this is admitted by the company's itself! Is it really worth doing that to your body? I myself would say absolutely not. Curing your body the natural way with ZERO negative side effects is the path I chose to take.

I didn't go into the nitty gritty, biological details into what's causing acne to happen - I just laid out a foundation that will help cure the system internally. It takes time. You have to repair digestive health, bowel health, proper functioning lymph/liver/kidney's, clean blood, just to name a few. The more damaged your system is, the longer it will take to heal.

I don't know how much damage Accutane has done to you, but you'll have to have more special care - which I'll admit I'm not experienced with. However, it doesn't hurt to stay with a healthy diet and still repair your system. You should even be extra vigilant eating healthy and getting the proper nutrition to prevent any worse degenerative disease from occurring if you have taken/taking Accutane.

Edited by overfl00d, 26 May 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#48 awesomenesssquared

awesomenesssquared

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:39 PM

So are you saying you did this a long time ago then went on Accutane? And you went on Accutane for mild acne?? Sorry to hear you had to do that!

You see, it takes time for your body to heal itself. You can't expect a magic 1 week cure. There are no magic cures - Not even Accutane. Accutane is a poison. Literally it is: it's how your body processes it. Accutane is the worst thing you can do for acne, I'm sorry to say and here's why:

Accutane is only masking the symptom of acne. There are a lot more deeper, internal issues percolating within the body. It's not just an excess of sebum being excreted by your oil glands - That's just a symptom. It's a lot more in-depth than that. All Accutane is doing is shutting down the oil producing glands which is just putting a piece of tape over the check engine light - So to say. People who have taken Accutane are going to be suffering much worse degenerative diseases down the road, because they didn't solve the cause. Not to mention the horrendous side effects that happen while taking or shortly after taking the drug. Many people lose their hair, some commit suicide, horrendous birth defects (even years after taking the drugs), liver damage, Chron's disease, and much much more. And this is admitted by the company's itself! Is it really worth doing that to your body? I myself would say absolutely not. Curing your body the natural way with ZERO negative side effects is the path I chose to take.

I didn't go into the nitty gritty, biological details into what's causing acne to happen - I just laid out a foundation that will help cure the system internally. It takes time. You have to repair digestive health, bowel health, proper functioning lymph/liver/kidney's, clean blood, just to name a few. The more damaged your system is, the longer it will take to heal.

I don't know how much damage Accutane has done to you, but you'll have to have more special care - which I'll admit I'm not experienced with. However, it doesn't hurt to stay with a healthy diet and still repair your system. You should even be more extra vigilant eating healthy and getting the proper nutrition to prevent any worse degenerative disease from occurring.

blah blah blah. Way back when about 3 years ago when my acne was severe I took accutane and it cleared me up (however I didnt finish my course and it was a low dose course) and my acne DID come back. However I was clear/mild acne for 2 1/2 years and then my acne in the past 6 months exploded to moderate level (bad but not as bad as before). At this point I also went gluten and dairy free for 2-3monthsand ate vegetables with every meal, occasional fruits, juicing every week. I also started excessive vitamen supplementation (b5 l carnitine l cystiene EFAs zinc vitamen C fiber supplements probiotics milk thistle etc.) to the point that I was taking 10-20 pills day. I was DETERmined to get rid of my acne and did this strictly for 6~weeks and I tried to get as much sleep as possible (I am a first year medical student so sleep is hard to come by).

Well guess what....MY (NON acne prone) SKIN did look really nice and I lost weight
BUT I never stopped breaking out. Actually, I think it may have gotten a little worse. Also, I was MISERABLE because I could not eat anything I once enjoyed (pastas, i am italian, cheese, cake....I did eat these things in moderation before but cutting them out for 2-3months was horrible, my diet before also was pretty healthy but I had cheat days where I ate this fun stuff).
Nevertheless I just started a second accutane course and am determined to finish this one at high dosage. So PLEASE get off your high horse and stop lecturing some of us who said who tried this and it didnt work. You are creating uneccessary suffering and self-blame for users who read and try this and have it fail for them.

Accutane has been shown and scientifically proven to clear so many with acne, many permanently. I am tired of this alternative BS (in my opinion) and am just going to go with what is proven to work. I have wasted so much time trying to treat this acne naturally while I put a second accutane course on hold (this caused me to acquire some shallow scars I could have prevented if I took accutane earlier). So go promote your natural alternative way. Sure, it may work for some but don't go putting down another statistically proven treatment at the same time, especially since your methods obviously don't work for everyone.

Edited by awesomenesssquared, 25 May 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#49 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

I fully expected people such as yourself, who have taken Accutane, to be on the offensive about this. I call it as it is. You can't argue with facts. Sadly, Accutane is a poison. I'm not "creating uneccessary suffering and self-blame" by just pointing out the truth that some people don't want to hear. I'm warning other people of the dangers of Accutane. Do you want people to poison themselves such as you did? I'm terribly sorry that you were misguided and felt that your only other option was to take a powerful drug. Instead of defending the use of Accutane, you should do some research and help other people not make the same mistake you did.

What you are saying is, you only ate healthy for 2-3 months. So you've eaten unhealthy for, I don't know how old you are, but decades most likely. It's people with your mindset that causes them such grief: we as a society have been so conditioned to think that eating food is for "pleasure and fun" when that is exactly opposite of the truth. We eat food for nutrition and energy. That's it. If you're suffering from acne, you're going to have to reverse your mindset. It's not easy. You'll have to recondition yourself. I was the same exact way, but now I LOVE eating healthy food. I enjoy it. Of course it's ok to have some pleasure from time to time with some food you love but that comes after you've repaired your gut, fixed digestion, killed off candida and fungus overgrowth, and regenerated your kidney's and liver to optimal health.

Accutane has been shown and scientifically proven to clear so many with acne

It is true that Accutane can clear acne, but like I stated it's only masking a symptom and not curing the cause. Not only does it harm your body, Acne reoccurs for many people! I can fully understand why you'd be on the offensive on this issue because you're taking Accutane yourself. And you even said yourself "I am tired of this alternative BS." You've already chosen your path. Nonetheless I wish you the best of luck. Posted Image

Edited by overfl00d, 26 May 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#50 Stosstruppen

Stosstruppen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

I tried diet for about 6 months with minimal improvement... I have no side effects from accutane except dry skin...

#51 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:53 PM

I tried diet for about 6 months with minimal improvement... I have no side effects from accutane except dry skin...

What foods did you eat? What supplements did you take?

There could be many reasons why it didn't work for you - Something you were doing wasn't right. You could have been eating something you have allergies to. The most common ones are dairy, soy, nuts, and eggs. You have to really pay attention to everything you eat and make sure you're not intolerant to it. I recommend getting a little book and writing everything you eat down in it. Within hours of eating something, if you get burpy, gassy, bloating, heart burn etc, that means you need to eliminate that food.

Also, very important could be you're not absorbing the nutrients well because your bowel system is not functioning properly and/or you have bad bacteria/candida overgrowth. You're going to want to take digestive enzymes (one with lipase) after every meal you eat. Also you need 80-100 billion units of probiotics daily. You're going to have to be more scrupulous with your diet because you have taken powerful drugs before - But you can do it!

Make sure you're getting your EFA's too. A good diet without EFA's is a bad diet. Flaxseed oil is the best source of EFA's and a little bit of fish oil too.

Another tip is, get some apple cider vinegar, and drink a couple tablespoons after every meal. That will make your stomach more acidic and able to digest food better.

Edited by overfl00d, 26 December 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#52 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

Added a step-by-step list since someone asked.

#53 Stosstruppen

Stosstruppen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ok man I wasnt going to go serious on this you know... but since you refused to believe me this is what i tried for 6 MONTHS WITH MINIMAL IMPROVEMENT

Diet: No diary no gluten no nuts no sugar no processed food etc... very little fruit 4 liters of water daily a LOT of vegetables chicken fish and eggs and meat once a week (i am sure i have NO allergies)
Supplements: zinc gluconate 50 mg fish body oils at morning flaxseed oil at night and multivitamins
Other: Gentle face washing with water 2 times a day, changing pillowcases daily, 1-2 hours exercise daily, no touching my face, very little sun exposure, meditation at night, using warm not hot water in shower and only showering 3 minutes
Care to tell me where I went wrong?

#54 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Ok man I wasnt going to go serious on this you know... but since you refused to believe me this is what i tried for 6 MONTHS WITH MINIMAL IMPROVEMENT

Diet: No diary no gluten no nuts no sugar no processed food etc... very little fruit 4 liters of water daily a LOT of vegetables chicken fish and eggs and meat once a week (i am sure i have NO allergies)
Supplements: zinc gluconate 50 mg fish body oils at morning flaxseed oil at night and multivitamins
Other: Gentle face washing with water 2 times a day, changing pillowcases daily, 1-2 hours exercise daily, no touching my face, very little sun exposure, meditation at night, using warm not hot water in shower and only showering 3 minutes
Care to tell me where I went wrong?

Yes, there are a few things you did wrong.

First, you're going to want to take digestive enzymes and probiotics with every meal. You can be eating the healthiest food in the world, but if your bowels are filled with gunk and impacted fecal matter over taken by bad bacteria/candida over growth, you'll still have problems. You should be taking digestive enzymes to help digest the food for you and probiotics to "take back" your body ecology from all the bad bacteria that's probably brewing inside of you.

I'm going to believe you that you ate healthy for 6 months - but why only 6 months? You should be eating healthy for the rest of your life.
You want to get a better source of EFA's throughout the day. Fish oil alone isn't really the recommended source to take. A blend of Flaxseed oil/fish oil/borage oil is the best balanced EFA to take.

Sun light is good for you. You want lots of sun light! Just make sure not to burn.

Also, you should be getting a low dose of your vitamins and minerals throughout the day. You want to replenish your B vitamins and vitamin C. Just taking one multivitamin, you can't expect to have enough of those water soluble vitamins.

And I don't mind of you go serious. Your health is serious! I'm very confident that people don't need to take powerful drugs to restore their health. Everyone can cure their acne. If you do it the right way and make it your goal to get clear, you will get clear.

Edited by overfl00d, 27 May 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#55 Stosstruppen

Stosstruppen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

My combination was; fish oil plus flaxseed... I dont even know what borage is... I have a very good digestive system and im never constipated so fk the enzymes... I took about 15 min of sunlight but no more, combined probably like 30.. I live in an extremely sunny place.. anything else?

#56 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

My combination was; fish oil plus flaxseed... I dont even know what borage is... I have a very good digestive system and im never constipated so fk the enzymes... I took about 15 min of sunlight but no more, combined probably like 30.. I live in an extremely sunny place.. anything else?

I'd love to help you out more, but you seem fixated that you can't solve your problem via the natural route. And your attittude makes you seem like a troll. That being said, I tried to help you. I wish you the best of luck however you decide to try and cure your acne. :)

#57 Stosstruppen

Stosstruppen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Thank you for your help seriously... just wanted to say... you cant cure all peoples acne by diet and supplements.. I do believe the majority of people could get clear holistically... but for me only accutane did the trick and with no short term side effects... I would rather get chrons disease in 10 years which I highly doubt I get but at least have clear skin because accutane really changed my life... Didnt mean to sound like a troll or anything.. but people need to understand that there is NO single cure... no diet no topical no antibiotic no isotretinoin no supplement nothing... everyone is different and there is nothing that works for everybody and im living proof of that

#58 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Thank you for your help seriously... just wanted to say... you cant cure all peoples acne by diet and supplements.. I do believe the majority of people could get clear holistically... but for me only accutane did the trick and with no short term side effects... I would rather get chrons disease in 10 years which I highly doubt I get but at least have clear skin because accutane really changed my life... Didnt mean to sound like a troll or anything.. but people need to understand that there is NO single cure... no diet no topical no antibiotic no isotretinoin no supplement nothing... everyone is different and there is nothing that works for everybody and im living proof of that

We'll have to agree to disagree. Everyone can cure their acne by fixing their internal system, and that starts with a good healthy diet. I'm completely against Accutane at all costs.

You are right that their is no single cure, and everyone is different; But, the worst route to "cure" acne is taking Accutane (it's not even a cure, just disguises the problem).

Edited by overfl00d, 29 May 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#59 hopeforthebest

hopeforthebest

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

i postd ds n body acne messege board bt no 1 rplyd :( so i will try posting here!! i had body acne ( moderate 2 severe acne n face back shoulders upper arms butt n thighs) :( n for d last year my face has been COMPLETELY clear!! :) n i figured ds s coz i stopped taking milk!! but my body acne though reduced dint go away :( dn i started experimenting wd odr food stuff! n now hav stopped taking fruits n no new acne has come on my body for d last month.. just d old ones gtng big n going away.. bt since its not cured completely yet, i m gonna wait for another month wdout fruits bfre cmng 2 conclusion!! so dats all i changed frm my diet.. stopped taking fruits n milk.. n i hav never ever taken any medicne n all i use s aleovera gel for my face..
ps: i m 19yr old asian n had acne since 12..
looking frwd 2 ur view @overflood :)

#60 Jim Bean

Jim Bean

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

i postd ds n body acne messege board bt no 1 rplyd Posted Image so i will try posting here!! i had body acne ( moderate 2 severe acne n face back shoulders upper arms butt n thighs) Posted Image n for d last year my face has been COMPLETELY clear!! Posted Image n i figured ds s coz i stopped taking milk!! but my body acne though reduced dint go away Posted Image dn i started experimenting wd odr food stuff! n now hav stopped taking fruits n no new acne has come on my body for d last month.. just d old ones gtng big n going away.. bt since its not cured completely yet, i m gonna wait for another month wdout fruits bfre cmng 2 conclusion!! so dats all i changed frm my diet.. stopped taking fruits n milk.. n i hav never ever taken any medicne n all i use s aleovera gel for my face..
ps: i m 19yr old asian n had acne since 12..
looking frwd 2 ur view @overflood Posted Image

I would suggest cutting out grains from your diet as well and replace them with fresh vegetables. Grains like rice, bread, oatmeal spike your insulin as fruits do.

Seems like you were intolerant to milk since your face cleared up after eliminating that; have you eliminated all dairy such as cheese, yogurt, etc?

Keep testing out what other food allergies you might have. Start eating simple foods and start figuring what you can and can not tolerate. If you eat a food and within hours you get gassy, bloating, burping, heart burn, etc. you need to eliminate whatever you ate as well.

I also suggest supplementing with zinc picolinate 50mg, Vitamin A 20,000 IU, and EFA's. I recommend getting on the healthy start pack which has all your vitamins to strengthen your immune system and the very important EFA's. Good luck. Posted Image